Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just feels like another FFP work around.

How does Chelsea spending £40mill on a player they don't need feel like a workaround?

There's nobody coming the other way.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Leuven and Belgium will have it's own set of ffp psr rules.

Plus the Belgium fa could refuse to let them register him. Also Top would be enemy No 1 if he forced a deal like that on them.

And there are existing rules around fair market value with transactions between multi owned clubs 

Do wonder who we will get from Chelsea if this does happen as reported.

Only options for me are Broja and Fofana.

Would love Alfie Gilchrist but cannot see that happening, maybe Malang Sarr or Harvey Vale?

9 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Sounds like we want money (instead of a player exchange) but Chelsea want us to buy one of their players in return. 

Chelsea insist .. so the are dictating to Leicester .. hold on if they want Dewsbury they shouldn't get to make the rules 

Can't stand them , shouldn't help them break FFP either 

Edited by nick6666

Just now, nick6666 said:

Chelsea insist .. so the are dictating to Leicester .. hold on if they want Dewsbury they shouldn't get to make the rules 

Can't stand them 

We are a financial mess and they know it. All our leverage disappeared a while ago.

• Like 2

So Chelsea want to offload a couple of players that Enzo doesn’t rate to negotiate a big discount. I’d rather risk another few points deduction to be honest than be  bullied into something we don’t want. How many additional points would KDH add if we kept him. A fair few.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JimJams said:

How does Chelsea spending £40mill on a player they don't need feel like a workaround?

13 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Sounds like we want money (instead of a player exchange) but Chelsea want us to buy one of their players in return. 

Ok @UniFox21 Looks like there is.

41 minutes ago, JimJams said:

There's enough being circulated currently of Chelsea wanting us to take a player or so off them. 

16 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Would love Alfie Gilchrist but cannot see that happening, maybe Malang Sarr or Harvey Vale?

Leo Castledine or Bashir Humphreys would be an excellent addition. £8-10m covers their KDH outlay for 23/24

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LVFox said:

According to Athletic, it’s Casadei and Datro  Fofana proposed by Chelsea, Broja not being included in the discussions even though he is up for sale. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5600965/2024/06/29/chelsea-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-maresca/

I imagine any deal with Broja or Fofana means the money upfront will be massively deducted in comparison to what the supposed Brighton deal involved plus Moder?? Hence us just wanting the money, also I can’t imagine Broja or Fofana are on reasonable contracts with the way Chelsea operate which would complicate it even further from our end.

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

According to Athletic, it’s Casadei and Datro  Fofana proposed by Chelsea, Broja not being included in the discussions even though he is up for sale. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5600965/2024/06/29/chelsea-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-maresca/

I don’t mind D Fofana at all, he’s got loads of potential and he’s a striker. An area we are light in. didn’t do too badly at Burnley either last year.

Casadei makes no sense though. Even though he’s one for the future and before last season the reviews on him were unreal. He was so poor when with us. We need a replacement for KDH and not potential. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Leo Castledine or Bashir Humphreys would be an excellent addition. £8-10m covers their KDH outlay for 23/24

Only thing with Castledine is conscious not to block Alves development if they play similar positions and similar age. 

But Humphreys as a left footed CB would tick a box we desperately need. And having played a season in the championship already is probably closer to going straight into the first team squad.

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I imagine any deal with Broja or Fofana means the money upfront will be massively deducted in comparison to what the supposed Brighton deal involved plus Moder?? Hence us just wanting the money, also I can’t imagine Broja or Fofana are on reasonable contracts with the way Chelsea operate which would complicate it even further from our end.

Don’t see currently how either of those players significantly improve the squad. Did Glover recruit Broja for Southampton? If so, you’d think there would be interest, especially as we need a striker. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd imagine it'll end being something along the lines of KDH goes over for X, then we buy X for a fee around what you've quoted. 

Saves us from a second deduction, but Prem fine us for dodgy psr transfers :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Should just get Gilchrist in. If they don't want to sell then be creative. Sign him for £15mill with a £15mill buyback clause and they can have him back in a year so we get a free loan and £15mill on the books next year.

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Only thing with Castledine is conscious not to block Alves development if they play similar positions and similar age. 

But Humphreys as a left footed CB would tick a box we desperately need. And having played a season in the championship already is probably closer to going straight into the first team squad.

Still think there's scope for two attacking midfielders to challenge the 1st team. I also think Alves will be used out wide rather than centrally at rhe very highest level.

• Like 2

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Don’t see currently how either of those players significantly improve the squad. Did Glover recruit Broja for Southampton? If so, you’d think there would be interest, especially as we need a striker. 

Neither do I, I was surprised to see Fofana was only 21 which makes it slightly more appealing but if it meant it blocked other potential deals it wouldn’t make sense. Not sure around Glover and Broja links, but Broja has made 66 PL appearances with 8 goals and 2 assists, Daka has a better return from 53 PL appearances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Should just get Gilchrist in. If they don't want to sell then be creative. Sign him for £15mill with a £15mill buyback clause and they can have him back in a year so we get a free loan and £15mill on the books next year.

Wouldn’t be 15m on the books because we’d still owe 12m 

would be 3m 

so the loan effective costs 3m 

benefits them across the next five years though