Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wouldn’t be 15m on the books because we’d still owe 12m 

would be 3m 

so the loan effective costs 3m 

benefits them across the next five years though 

When we buy him it's -£3mill per year, so initially £3mill down then we sell him for £15mill. £12mill of that pays the remaining book value and you're left with £3mill over. Cancelling out the initial £3mill down.  It's free.

The problem with Fofana is he's another who got his big move on the back of playing in a front two. He reminds me of Patson Daka in many ways.

Slightly different attributes but neither possess the all round game to play the lone striker role at the highest level IMO.

If we could guarantee Daka was off though then I'd be happy with Fofana as his replacement. I'd still want another main striker though.

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

When we buy him it's -£3mill per year, so initially £3mill down then we sell him for £15mill. £12mill of that pays the remaining book value and you're left with £3mill over. Cancelling out the initial £3mill down.  It's free.

Nothing in life is free ! 😄

I understand where you’re coming from 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

You would imagine that some may become understandably furious if we only need £21m to meet FFP 23/24 guidance, and we get £21m! Suppose even then it may become ok if we can offset a lower fee with some sweeteners (p/x, loans, etc)

Im saying Rudkin will sell on Monday and we still fail PSR haha

6 minutes ago, copunk said:

Don't see the hype surrounding Broja at all within the footballing world 

Can't believe he is only 22, certain he was on loan at Southampton about 4 years ago!

7 minutes ago, copunk said:

Don't see the hype surrounding Broja at all within the footballing world 

His record looks shocking

It’s seems most clubs have found loop holes around ffp ( or what ever it’s called now ) 

look at villa Everton Chelsea deals over the last 2 weeks 

we sell them kdh ( 40 m ) in return we get forfana ( not that one ) 

in a seperate deal we buy broga for 15 m 

we need to explore loop  holes like the others 

you know rudkin will sit tight till Tuesday then sell for 25 m cash 

Just now, Marky mark said:

It’s seems most clubs have found loop holes around ffp ( or what ever it’s called now ) 

look at villa Everton Chelsea deals over the last 2 weeks 

we sell them kdh ( 40 m ) in return we get forfana ( not that one ) 

in a seperate deal we buy broga for 15 m 

we need to explore loop  holes like the others 

you know rudkin will sit tight till Tuesday then sell for 25 m cash 

If we're going to buy shit like Broja for £15mill because it helps Chelsea with FFP then they need to put up £55mill for KDH.

• Like 3

I read somewhere that 30th June is now being seen as a deadline day for lots of clubs, as so many of us are battling PSR.  The article said that with Sunday being a non working day, in reality it meant lots of deals would get finalised on Monday.  The implication was that this would be permitted and would still count as expenditure in the 23/24 season. 

I can see 3 scenarios.

1) We sell KDH in time, and it balances our books for 23/24 so we avoid a second points deduction.

2) We don’t sell KDH in time, so we get extra points deducted, but we keep a good player

3) We sell KDH, but Chelsea force us to accept a small amount, so we still get a second points deduction, and we lose LDH too.

1 and 2 are OK. 

49 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Get this done today. We don't want to leave it late into tomorrow and have another 14 second fiasco.

Do fax machines still exist?

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sure the point has been raised before, but why can't we (don't we) flog Iversen and AN Other to Leuven for 25m and then just take our time keeping our best players and shifting those that are surplus 

Watford were in trouble for doing just that - https://onefootball.com/en/news/watford-face-financial-investigation-over-kamaras-transfer-to-udinese-36946805

• Thanks 1