Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

5 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

If we sell KDH and still breach PSR can we all just agree to ****ing protest until they sack the board

You realise that lots of things count towards what points deduction you get. Including how much you fail by and attempts to comply etc. it could still bring down the points deduction.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You realise that lots of things count towards what points deduction you get. Including how much you fail by and attempts to comply etc. it could still bring down the points deduction.

If we still post a loss this year despite selling Castagne 13m, Barnes 35m, mareca 10m, kdh 30m and two loan fees then even you must admit something is very wrong at the club?

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If we still post a loss this year despite selling Castagne 13m, Barnes 35m, mareca 10m, kdh 30m and two loan fees then even you must admit something is very wrong at the club?

That wage bill continues to absolutely crucify us - and still got a fair few of the higher earners on the books 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We had a wage bill of a top 8 team and also spent £40m or so. Easy to see why we could make a loss in the Championship. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Viva said:

We had a wage bill of a top 8 team and also spent £40m or so. Easy to see why we could make a loss in the Championship. 

Why were we offering stupid money for Coady then? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

That wage bill continues to absolutely crucify us - and still got a fair few of the higher earners on the books 

Even worse when people will realise we added to the problem last summer - some of the players we signed couldn't believe the money on offer from the club.

7 hours ago, FLAN said:

He’s a defender isn’t he?

He's a midfielder who played most of the season at right back because Leeds didnt have anyone else there. He had a few games for them in midfield including the QPR 4-0, personally I think he was better as a right back and he's not good enough currently to play midfield for a team looking to get promoted, let alone a team playing in the PL.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Why were we offering stupid money for Coady then? 

because everyone thought Vestergaard was crap and Coady would be playing most games

7 minutes ago, Viva said:

It wasn’t just the championship though was it, even worse when you consider the previous year and bringing in over £120m 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

It wasn’t just the championship though was it, even worse when you consider the previous year and bringing in over £120m 

We spent a fair bit in the Jan trying to stay up and sacking Rodgers. 
Yes wages got too high trying to chase a top 4 spot. We then pushed it hard in the Championship to give us the best chance of going up. I’d still rather we did that then play it completely safe and for example sell players like Tielemans straight after he won us the FA Cup. It would have been hard to completely break up that team after two very close top 4 efforts. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Viva said:

I think at this stage it's time for any conflicts of interest to be presented. Are you associated with our club or a board member? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

By now you should know Babylon won't criticise the KP/board under any circumstance 

5 minutes ago, lanefox said:

By now you should know Babylon won't criticise the KP/board under any circumstance 

It’s far too easy to criticise without information, but each to their own.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Quiet or just people being asleep? lol

Suspect this will go through today. I'm not too bothered - he's a decent player but no more than that at the top level.

Didn’t really hear anything all day yesterday did we? Yea I agree with you mate.

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

Just trying to give some balance on a predominantly negative forum. I don’t follow the crowd in hounding Rudkin and Top etc. 

We have enjoyed more good times supporting City than most fans at other clubs could ever dream of. You wouldn’t think it though reading some of the comments on here. 

That's fine but I'd be fascinated to know what would tip the balance for you to not defend them.

6 minutes ago, Viva said:

Just trying to give some balance on a predominantly negative forum. I don’t follow the crowd in hounding Rudkin and Top etc. 

We have enjoyed more good times supporting City than most fans at other clubs could ever dream of. You wouldn’t think it though reading some of the comments on here. 

Ok cheers Jon

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Viva said:

We spent a fair bit in the Jan trying to stay up and sacking Rodgers. 
Yes wages got too high trying to chase a top 4 spot. We then pushed it hard in the Championship to give us the best chance of going up. I’d still rather we did that then play it completely safe and for example sell players like Tielemans straight after he won us the FA Cup. It would have been hard to completely break up that team after two very close top 4 efforts. 

A fair bit in January? £31m

what ever the reasons for the downfall, the blame lays with those in charge. That’s why they are paid big money. It’s not just because of an unforeseen relegation.

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And yet we’ll still give vesty another contract, get him gone he’s shite. The clubs nothing like it used to be 

15 minutes ago, Viva said:

Acknowledging the good times and criticising the Board are not mutually exclusive!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's fine but I'd be fascinated to know what would tip the balance for you to not defend them.

If we spend all our transfer budget on 29 year olds on long contracts, then I’ll criticise them. I think it would have been tricky negotiating contracts for new players when Vardy and Schmeichel were sat on £140k a week deals. Those times are changing now though and we are currently not chasing a top 4 spot. So I would imagine we can rebuild a bit more sustainably. 
If people want that though, then they can’t criticise when we sell our best players. That’s what we would need to do. 

What would it take for you to defend them? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Viva said:

The fact we had such a bloated wage bill with the bang average squad (that was what most were saying last season) surely just backs up the hideous job the board have done in recent years.