Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Iversen came through the academy.

What's absolutely wild is Iversen's wages had reduced last summer as we'd been relegated and that was absolutely the time to sell. Allegedly offered £4m by  Palace and the opportunity of saving the remaining 2 years wages on his contract and yet we rejected it despite him being 4th choice. 

Nothing to see here

Not that I want to poke the bear but £4m was also the reported Corberan release clause 👀

(I know not that simple)

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

The deal doesn’t have to happen today, it can go through in the next couple of days and be adjusted with a post balancing sheet 

Edited by eblair

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

The fact we had such a bloated wage bill with the bang average squad (that was what most were saying last season) surely just backs up the hideous job the board have done in recent years.

The boards biggest mistake was giving too much power to Rodgers, but after 2 5th placed finishes it's understandable when his stock was so high.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, trooky said:

The boards biggest mistake was giving too much power to Rodgers, but after 2 5th placed finishes it's understandable when his stock was so high.

Totally understand that logic and clearly he had too much influence but surely someone looking after finances should have spoken up? 

Spending more on wages than your revenue is an avoidable and human error that appears to have no consequences for those involved, that’s my frustration.

Chelsea making progress in deal for Leicester's Dewsbury-Hall

Chelsea are making progress on the deal forLeicester midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury Hall, Sky Sports News understands.

Negotiations are still ongoing and they include a player potentially moving to the King Power in the opposite direction.

Considerable progress has been made in the last 24 hours and sources have indicated to Sky Sports News that an agreement is getting closer. 

Leicester need to sell a player before the end of today to comply with PSR. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Who do we want coming our way as part of the deal then?

Hopefully not Broja or Casadei

I get the feeling the money side is agreed, it's just about which player/s come to us.

I'm not sure what the hold up is though because Forfana or Broja would strengthen our current squad. I'd personally take both, with Vardy for a year and Cannon to replace Vardy next year. Maybe they want a clause to leave if we go down.

2 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I get the feeling the money side is agreed, it's just about which player/s come to us.

I'm not sure what the hold up is though because Forfana or Broja would strengthen our current squad. I'd personally take both, with Vardy for a year and Cannon to replace Vardy next year. Maybe they want a clause to leave if we go down.

It's pretty pointless us having 4 first team strikers if we're going to be playing with one striker as we have done previously. We don't know how Cooper is going to have us set up. We already have Vardy, Daka and Cannon

Get Datro Fofana with a relegation clause like Villa had with Archer, but with us determining the option to sell, not mandatory on our part.  That way if he's shit, they can have him back and we're not lumbered with him and the financial hit and if he's good we can decide to keep him.

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Not going over old ground or making this thread into something else but I mean it when you break it down it was 2 good half seasons, 2 awful half seasons, the red flags and writing was on the wall was there to be seen.

Tbf and my memory may serve me incorrect because my mind is sketchy over his tenure because I was so disenchanted and disillusioned with the situation but the new contract/giving him power and the keys to the club came quite soon into his tenure because Arsenal were sniffing.

As for people saying scrap FFP, I have no problem with it aslong as its used across the board, correctly (but it's not and it never will), but the rules only seem to apply to the 'smaller' clubs.

Ultimately we broke the rules, I won't have it any other way and I want people at the club to take some accountability. The same people who gave Rodgers the power, backed him and refused to sack him, resulting in relegation, resulting in compounding the situation we find ourselves in.

Where we can argue is against it are when other clubs are seemingly allowed to spend with gay abandon.

Much like VAR I thought FFP was needed and to be implement to level the playing field, my thoughts were that there would be nowhere for the big clubs to hide, yet VAR and FFP seem to being used to help the bigger clubs furthermore.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Originally from this guy. Looks like it is about done. And if it is, fair play, that's a life changing move for KDH

Life changing, yes, but not necessarily for the better.

• Like 1