Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I do feel that we're seen as a soft touch when it comes to transfers 

Such a same Because when we sold drinkwater, maguire Chilwell we were onto something good . Letting players like youri and soyuncu go for free has killed us 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Not really a dumb post is it? 

Publicly stated he wanted Chelsea and no one else. Stick fully deserved. 

That’s just not true.  He’s repeatedly said he didn’t want to go, but that if he was forced to go, he’d rather it was Chelsea (because, let’s face it, they’re the only Big 6 team who would actually play him, given that Enzo is the manager).  He’s going because he has to.

• Like 1

The whole mess is depressing..

I hate the Premiere League as it stands now.. the Greedy Six can do one in their own super league for all I care!! 

Selling our assets to comply with FFP just stinks and is anti competitive 

Boooooooo!!

Edited by ScotFox1

I don’t blame him for going either he probably doesn’t even have a choice in the matter and if he doesn’t go to Chelsea he will end up being somewhere he really doesn’t want to be because we have no choice but to sell him 

A bit like with Enzo, I feel completely "meh" about it 

It's a shame to lose a homegrown player don't get me wrong and I rate him as a player 

But surely Chelsea fans must look at this and think "wtf is going on" 

Just now, copunk said:

A bit like with Enzo, I feel completely "meh" about it 

It's a shame to lose a homegrown player don't get me wrong and I rate him as a player 

But surely Chelsea fans must look at this and think "wtf is going on" 

Oh they are doing well and truly. If you were Chelsea you’d be just as disillusioned as us 

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

After being told he needs to leave?

He’s chosen a manager that he had his best season under and a team that’s going to pay him stupid money. Let alone the fact he will live in London and re unite with Madders, Chilwell etc in London.

You’re seeming to forget that we’ve effectively forced him out to cover our own negligence. So if you think that warrants stick then I don’t know what to tell you.

No he is definitely a snake, after being told your surplus to requirements and getting shunted out the club because of the mismanagement of the finances, having been here since he was 8. What a cheek for picking the best option for himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

After being told he needs to leave?

He’s chosen a manager that he had his best season under and a team that’s going to pay him stupid money. Let alone the fact he will live in London and re unite with Madders, Chilwell etc in London.

Your seeming to forget that we’ve effectively forced him out to cover our own negligence. So if you think that warrants stick then I don’t know what to tell you.

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

He publicaly stated that he was happy to and wanted to stay. It has been reported (he has not publically said) and if he had to leave only wanted to go to Chelsea nothing suggests that he was pushing for it or would have been unhappy to stay almost the opposite so yes it was a dumb post

3 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

That’s just not true.  He’s repeatedly said he didn’t want to go, but that if he was forced to go, he’d rather it was Chelsea (because, let’s face it, they’re the only Big 6 team who would actually play him, given that Enzo is the manager).  He’s going because he has to.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That's not even slightly what was said. Unless i've missed a quote or something.

He's pushed out the door here because of FFP/PSR.

He's said numerous times he does not want to go and has turned down Brighton that proves that.

It's obviously different when a Sky 6 club comes in though.

Anyone booing him next season or giving him any stick whatsoever is a ****ing melon. Would be thoroughly embarrassing behaviour. Probably the same freaks that booed the returning title winners.

He wanted chelsea and he could quite easily choose to stay. We're going to get pummelled either way let's face it. 

Honestly think it's a pointless transfer, I cant see where he gets in, in that chelsea side. 

It's been stated that Chelsea have gone after him after scouting stats and form nothing to do with Enzo - that is Chelsea in a nutshell to be honest but oh well. 

19 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

England u18's captain - right up Coopers street along with Braybrooke and Alvis

Yes we will probably get battered whilst they learn their trade so looking forward to them smashing the Championship in 25/26

Only problem is 2 of them will probably have had a decent season in the prem and be ready for walking away for nothing ready for the 25/26 season (sure Alves contract only has a year left and I imagine Braybrooks won’t be far of either) 

edit: Braybrooke expires 2026

Edited by dbtcity

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That's not even slightly what was said. Unless i've missed a quote or something.

He's pushed out the door here because of FFP/PSR.

He's said numerous times he does not want to go and has turned down Brighton that proves that.

It's obviously different when a Sky 6 club comes in though.

Anyone booing him next season or giving him any stick whatsoever is a ****ing melon. Would be thoroughly embarrassing behaviour. Probably the same freaks that booed the returning title winners.

It was reported (allegedly) that he would not go to Brighton once he was told Chelsea were interested and he would only go there.

I also read he was desperate to go to Chelsea.  lol Media is absolutely shameless.

This does not mean he wanted to leave, but it was a stronger stance than not will I get to go to Brighton.

Sure he would be staying if not encouraged to leave for PSR reasons.

All this may or may not be true.  

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Youd be fuming if you were Chelsea. Signing a lad who is basically a less good version of Gallagher for a fair bit of money.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I do feel that we're seen as a soft touch when it comes to transfers 

I don’t know, we’ve done some outrageous deals really. Good and bad! 

Maguire, Fofana, Drinkwater, Chilwell were good deals. I think we will reflect on this as good business.

Maddison, Kante, Mahrez, Kaspar ….. not so good! 

£30m if it's on its own is just sad and would be Reason #301350620 for why Rudkin should be sacked.

£30m with Golding coming on a free would be palatable, but the kid's only experience of senior football is a single minute in an FA Cup game against Preston, so it's a high risk to gamble on an unproven youngster even if he's highly rated.

£30m with us having to pay anything more than a nominal fee (i.e. anything above £1-2m) for Golding wouldn't be worth it because we'd still have to buy a proper KDH replacement anyway.

If we have to pay a fee for Golding *but* Chelsea throw in another player for free then maybe.

1 minute ago, sdb said:

KDH essentially forced out, no?

Honestly I couldn't care less to be honest. Pointless transfer as I've mentioned above. 

We're already in a mess, now we're in a even bigger one. 

As @Chocolate Teapot mentioned they've just signed a worse Connor Gallagher. I honestly don't see where he will fit in at Chelsea especially with some of the players they have at their disposal

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lfu said:

£30m if it's on its own is just sad and would be Reason #301350620 for why Rudkin should be sacked.

£30m with Golding coming on a free would be palatable, but the kid's only experience of senior football is a single minute in an FA Cup game against Preston, so it's a high risk to gamble on an unproven youngster even if he's highly rated.

£30m with us having to pay anything more than a nominal fee (i.e. anything above £1-2m) for Golding wouldn't be worth it because we'd still have to buy a proper KDH replacement anyway.

If we have to pay a fee for Golding *but* Chelsea throw in another player for free then maybe.

I hope the main incoming on this is no big wages from now on without reason and stop acting like twats at board level and risk another PSR/FFP threat/punishment.

Back to prospect’s , good coaching and excitement please.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Honestly I couldn't care less to be honest. Pointless transfer as I've mentioned above. 

We're already in a mess, now we're in a even bigger one. 

As @Chocolate Teapot mentioned they've just signed a worse Connor Gallagher. I honestly don't see where he will fit in at Chelsea especially with some of the players they have at their disposal

Why are we in a bigger mess? Isn’t the point of this transfer to prevent another fine/deduction?

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

He wanted chelsea and he could quite easily choose to stay. We're going to get pummelled either way let's face it. 

Honestly think it's a pointless transfer, I cant see where he gets in, in that chelsea side. 

It's been stated that Chelsea have gone after him after scouting stats and form nothing to do with Enzo - that is Chelsea in a nutshell to be honest but oh well. 

Why would you stay somewhere you’re not wanted? I’m lucky enough to have grown up playing football at academy level, but one thing that’s so clear seeing friends playing professionally is people treat footballers like robots, they are still human. 

Let’s put it in everyday terms, you turn up to work and get told you no longer have a role in a team and unfortunately they need to transfer you to another team and if you don’t do that effectively the company would be ****ed. Then you know moving forward management would believe it’s your fault for the mess as you refused to leave and everyday you have to go into work feeling uncomfortable.

What would you do? Naturally you’ll either look elsewhere for a job or transfer to the other team as you are no longer wanted. It’s sh*t but your cards have effectively been dealt for you.

I am struggling to understand how you are not seeing this?

10 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

That's my impression too. And, bearing in mind his destination, there's every chance that if we sort ourselves out he might end up crossing paths with us again someday. I can think of at least one example of someone we sold to Chelsea who had cause to regret his decision.

Serious question...who does that leave as CM?

Winks, Choudhury (not counting Ndidi as I think he's going to leave) and Soumare. 

We really need to sort that out!

Edited by fox_favourite

The good thing about this transfer is…. KDH will probs let be available to come back in a couple of seasons. 

I can’t see where he fits in at Chelsea with the squad they already have.