Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Honestly I couldn't care less to be honest. Pointless transfer as I've mentioned above. 

We're already in a mess, now we're in a even bigger one. 

As @Chocolate Teapot mentioned they've just signed a worse Connor Gallagher. I honestly don't see where he will fit in at Chelsea especially with some of the players they have at their disposal

It kinda looks like Gallagher will be leaving Chelsea this window !!! One year left on his contract & playing hardball.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Youd be fuming if you were Chelsea. Signing a lad who is basically a less good version of Gallagher for a fair bit of money.

Sure they will get over it when they sell Gallagher to someone like spurs or villa for 60 mil and they buy someone better than him . 

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why would you stay somewhere you’re not wanted? I’m lucky enough to have grown up playing football at academy level, but one thing that’s so clear seeing friends playing professionally is people treat footballers like robots, they are still human. 

Let’s put it in everyday terms, you turn up to work and get told you no longer have a role in a team and unfortunately they need to transfer you to another team and if you don’t do that effectively the company would be ****ed. Then you know moving forward management would believe it’s your fault for the mess as you refused to leave and everyday you have to go into work feeling uncomfortable.

What would you do? Naturally you’ll either look elsewhere for a job or transfer to the other team as you are no longer wanted. It’s sh*t but your cards have effectively been dealt for you.

I am struggling to understand how you are not seeing this?

We actively said we didn't want him? 

We've got money from Enzo and King Power sponsoring the TG, surely that would have gotten us across the line? 

But hey, like I said he could have turned down the move and stayed. If we aren't or weren't going to be compliant we were/are going to get pummelled by the PL/The Fa/respective authorities for actively taking them on... either that or we've got an ace up our sleeve.

Either way, it's a pointless transfer and I honestly don't see where he fits in that Chelsea team especially with the talent at their disposal. But hey if he's going to be happy sitting on the bench or being on the fringe of that chelsea team then fair enough(this we will have to come back to next season at some point.. I'll happily be proved wrong if he actually plays and plays alot for them?)

Oh not to mention we've just lost another midfielder, an area we were already short in which we will have to go and find replacements and more ££££ 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

The good thing about this transfer is…. KDH will probs let be available to come back in a couple of seasons. 

I can’t see where he fits in at Chelsea with the squad they already have. 

At present he's the only player that's played under the manager*. So he knows his philosophy, style and the responsibilities of the position. So if the other, more expensive options at Chelsea are thick as shit and can't grasp it, then he may well have a chance from the off.

*Edit: Forgot about Casadei too. And maybe Palmer at Man City? But one's shite and the others a different position...

Edited by JimJams

Just now, Clarkey123 said:

Haven’t Newcastle just got £35 million for Eliot Anderson though? 

Yes but with Chelsea having already sorted themselves out for PSR this season, it seems that this is a legitimate straight purchase, not a cheat on the accounts.

Just now, JimJams said:

Yes but with Chelsea having already sorted themselves out for PSR this season, it seems that this is a legitimate straight purchase, not a cheat on the accounts.

Still stinks, £30 million for our best player with 3 years left when Leeds have just rejected £40 million for Gray 

13 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Serious question...who does that leave as CM?

Winks, Choudhury (not counting Ndidi as I think he's going to leave) and Soumare. 

We really need to sort that out!

3 minimum needed if you include a couple of no.10’s and that’s including Wilf.

• Like 2

£30 million not that great and Leicester now incredibly thin in central midfield. Upsetting that it is a Leicester lad leaving that has been with the club for so long. However wish him all the best let’s hope the club has a plan beyond balancing the books

12 minutes ago, frany104 said:

The good thing about this transfer is…. KDH will probs let be available to come back in a couple of seasons. 

I can’t see where he fits in at Chelsea with the squad they already have. 

6 months at Chelsea before the Chuckle Brothers sporting directors of Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart decide they want to spend another £100m on Brazilian wonderkids meaning they have to sell KDH back to us for £10m to free up squad space

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We actively said we didn't want him? 

We've got money from Enzo and King Power sponsoring the TG, surely that would have gotten us across the line? 

But hey, like I said he could have turned down the move and stayed. If we aren't or weren't going to be compliant we were/are going to get pummelled by the PL/The Fa/respective authorities for actively taking them on... either that or we've got an ace up our sleeve.

Either way, it's a pointless transfer and I honestly don't see where he fits in that Chelsea team especially with the talent at their disposal. But hey if he's going to be happy sitting on the bench or being on the fringe of that chelsea team then fair enough(this we will have to come back to next season at some point.. I'll happily be proved wrong if he actually plays and plays alot for them?)

Oh not to mention we've just lost another midfielder, an area we were already short in which we will have to go and find replacements and more ££££ 🤷‍♂️

Without the sale of KDH we would have again failed PSR, publicly stated by multiple ITK journalists. 

So yes we have effectively told him he has to leave, I would imagine that’s why he was at the training ground with Rudkin the day of the Cooper interview.

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

Still stinks

Well that depends how you view his value. Do you believe he's a £40mill player or do you want £40mill because a few other clubs are cheating the system?

Without these shithouse deals going around I wouldn't think it was a bad deal really. And when you isolate a single fee involved in these workarounds then it does look insane. But when there's an insane sale value going the other way it balances that out. 

In a dodgy deal Chelsea could have offered us £60mill but wanted us to buy Golding for half that.  Then people paying £60mill for a player actually worth that amount will be saying "Hang on, Dewsbury-Hall went for that!"... Ad infinitum.

Dewsbury Hall is a better player than Conor Gallagher. Some of our fans have a strange perception of Dewsbury Hall, he's a good Premier League footballer at worst and he might turn out to be a good European footballer at Chelsea as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I know we have been slightly shafted on the fee here. But we can spend all of that £30m next week on players to fill the void. 

Those rumours about midfielders for 5-10m in the transfer forum are where we will be looking, but at least this way we should only get the 1 points deduction.

It's time for Glover to make cement his reputation as one of the best.

I wish KDH all the best and I hope he does well there.

Edited by ts_1010

13 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

£30 million not that great and Leicester now incredibly thin in central midfield. Upsetting that it is a Leicester lad leaving that has been with the club for so long. However wish him all the best let’s hope the club has a plan beyond balancing the books

Don't hold your breath 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Dewsbury Hall is a better player than Conor Gallagher. Some of our fans have a strange perception of Dewsbury Hall, he's a good Premier League footballer at worst and he might turn out to be a good European footballer at Chelsea as well.

Gallagher is a year younger than him and has 16 England caps, and yet you're arguing strange perceptions here.

A bit sad about Dewsbury Hall going to be honest. I know we need to sell him because we're in a mess financially but there's just something disheartening about it. I believe him when he says he loves the club. He's been here since 8 years old and he was absolutely brilliant last season. We wouldn't of got promoted without him, no chance. Thanks for everything KDH 

Edited by Haywood_6
  • Like 2

A talented, albeit one-footed midfielder who repeatedly proved his worth at second-tier level with Luton and us but, let’s be honest, impressed only in fits and starts in the PL and - lest it be forgotten - was a prominent member of a relegated team.

If he turns out to be a success at Chelsea, I will be very surprised. The same goes for Maresca.

I actually think this is a reasonable fee for him. Not sure it's a great move for his career, but decent for his bank balance. It's odd the waters Chelsea are fishing in now.

Also no point comparing to other fees. Way more factors than player quality go into it: club's leverage, player age, player wage, contract length remaining, psr,...

Lads careers been ruined due to our mismanagement in order for us to keep the electric meter running.

Positives for Kiernan will be a higher salary, potentially pick up a token medal or two, improves his personal portfolio, playing for a big 6 club will probably get him an odd England call up or 2.

Negatives, and most likely to happen though, will drop down the pecking order, eventually just being a league cup and fa cup player, and have a more publicised fall from grace. All I can see is another Drinkwater career for him now, and unless we stay up and can loan him back, will become a loaned journeyman, bitting and bobbing. 

Honestly wish him all the best and I hope I'm wrong, but it just stinks to me. I'm not actually personally bothered as I don't rate him as a premier league player, but he had a chance to prove himself with us, feel like we've fed him to the lions to save ourselves from our own hishappenings. It ain't right.

Good luck Kiernan, at the very least, you've escaped the mess of a club we currently are.