Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Gallagher is a year younger than him and has 16 England caps, and yet you're arguing strange perceptions here.

England caps mean very little to me, if you're arguing on that basis then Mason Mount is better than Jack Grealish, Maguire is better than Ledley King etc. Gallagher is clearly not International quality as shown by his performance against Slovenia.

Personally I like Dewsbury Hall much more than Gallagher, he's smarter with his positioning and movement, better technically and is a better goalscorer. 

• Like 1

He won't have a Drinkwater career.   DD's problems ran a bit deeper than just not being good enough.

He may be a surprise success, but if not then he'll be up for loan or sale in a few seasons and he can get his football career on track again IF it goes off the rails a bit being at such a basket-case club.  As long as he's willing to accept what would inevitably be a drop in wages wherever it may be.  If he even has to.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Personally I like Dewsbury Hall much more than Gallagher, he's smarter with his positioning and movement, better technically and is a better goalscorer. 

Premier league minutes per goal:

KDH 1476 per goal.  CG 564 per goal.

If he doesn’t do well there will be on loan to another prem club. Everyone knows Chelsea are nuts so won’t hurt his career to much if he doesn’t get on straight away there. Good luck to him not much choice for us or him but selling him may help get a few extra players in we need once we are out of trouble 

£30 million is shit business, yet again. People saying he's not that good would do well to remember he's our player of the year and easily one of our best players. I'd be amazed if we adequately replaced him with some bargain basement signing from Belgium.

I was dreading this season already. Even more so now. This could get very Derby County.

• Like 3

Those saying it’s too cheap need to recognise that I think the market will be slightly more balanced in values than it has been.

So many clubs are having to watch their finances around PSR and look at Villa selling luiz for under £45m - he’s a top top midfielder, international with champions league on the horizon and established in the prem - none of which KDH is.

He was excellent last season and disappointing not to see him in the prem with us but be interesting to see if he makes it at Chelsea !

finally if this means it’s -3 or less rather than a 9+ point deduction then it’s a good deal - now we can move on and build for the season ahead !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Never got the love for KDH. Yes, local, and yes, great engine but so, so many limitations to his game. Think £30m is great business by us. Can’t for the life of me see him holding down a starting spot in a top 6 side, but wish him all the best.

I know what you mean but ‘the love’ is partly because he’s more valuable to us than other teams. The local boy who is our engine room. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Premier league minutes per goal:

KDH 1476 per goal.  CG 564 per goal.

We used KDH as a deeper midfielder in the PL. Dewsbury showed this season that his runs into the box and finishing is better than Gallagher despite being in a lower league.

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Have never had less enthusiasm for an upcoming season 

Funnily I am looking forward to the upcoming season.

I am really hoping to see Academy players getting a chance with Cooper running the show and watching more direct football !!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

We used KDH as a deeper midfielder in the PL. Dewsbury showed this season that his runs into the box and finishing is better than Gallagher despite being in a lower league.

Fair. Just pointing out that the stats don't necessarily back up the claim.  Gallagher played a lot more attack minded when at Palace than he has at Chelsea an WBA but you can't discount the fact he's up against better defenders/defences in the Premier League. If KDH carries on his goalscoring exploits in the top flight then fair enough. If so his value will increase massively.  Big IF though.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He doesn’t really want to leave…

Still feel it’s about £5m too short. No word of any player coming this way either. 

Beggars can't be choosers. Once more, they've played us. Think £30m is pretty fair.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

As long as it 30m, not 20m plus some random they value at 10 million.

No deals will go like this as long as PSR is in place. They will be separate deals to ensure full revenue is reported.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Never got the love for KDH. Yes, local, and yes, great engine but so, so many limitations to his game. Think £30m is great business by us. Can’t for the life of me see him holding down a starting spot in a top 6 side, but wish him all the best.

Stayed last season, was our best player and helped get us out of what would have been years of transfer embargoes and points deductions in the second tier. That's enough to warrant a lot of respect from us, at the very least.

• Like 1