Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

19 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

£30 million is shit business, yet again. People saying he's not that good would do well to remember he's our player of the year and easily one of our best players. I'd be amazed if we adequately replaced him with some bargain basement signing from Belgium.

I was dreading this season already. Even more so now. This could get very Derby County.

Precisely. It’s so depressing. 

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

No, but what is? 

There isn’t one - it should always be remember form is temporary, any comparison is subjective and player performance largely depends on the settings and situations around them.

24 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Premier league minutes per goal:

KDH 1476 per goal.  CG 564 per goal.

I don't think that's fair personally. 

Regardless of who is the better player, you aren't comparing like for like. Firstly, KDH under Rodgers was a lot more defensive, secondly he only really came out of his shell last season as a senior pro to be honest and thirdly, Chelsea are a better side that collectively score more goals than we did under Rodgers in the Prem anyway. 

You'd want to look at both of their xGs and their actual goals vs xG over the last year to see how well they take their chances and how often they get in to good goal scoring positions. Even the it'd be heavily swung by the teams they were in. 

7 minutes ago, shen said:

Beggars can't be choosers. Once more, they've played us. Think £30m is pretty fair.

No deals will go like this as long as PSR is in place. They will be separate deals to ensure full revenue is reported.

Which is what I was trying to say, Chelsea willing to pay 30m but only if we buy someone in return in a separate deal for 5-10m 

Got a feeling this will be another Drinkwater situation. He'll be loaned out to Burnley in 18 months. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Which is what I was trying to say, Chelsea willing to pay 30m but only if we buy someone in return in a separate deal for 5-10m 

It's just mutual back scratching. I'd hope we could get someone useful in that case.

• Like 1

KDH is a solid mid table Prem League player.

He may thrive with better players around him.

I wish him well as he's not pushed for a move.

£30m is a fair price.

However, is he a player that will stand out at a top 6 club. He won't be the first £30m flop at Chelsea and no doubt won't be the last. He's got the right attributes to succeed, but being heavily left footed could hold back further progress.  

Hope we sign Gronbeak and Nanasi for around £20m combined. That would be great business.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
43 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

England caps mean very little to me, if you're arguing on that basis then Mason Mount is better than Jack Grealish, Maguire is better than Ledley King etc. Gallagher is clearly not International quality as shown by his performance against Slovenia.

Personally I like Dewsbury Hall much more than Gallagher, he's smarter with his positioning and movement, better technically and is a better goalscorer. 

There's no evidence he's any of those things objectively.

I think he will have an alright couple of years as a squad player with Chelsea, maybe even win a cup with them, and then end up at a midtable side like Palace or Fulham

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I like this much much much more than Jakub ****ing Moder. 

100% massively higher ceiling for Golding, less wages and less risk.

Just hope they don't have a buy back clause.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At least it looks like we have actually done the incoming transfer from Chelsea smartly if true - £4m and 4 year deal for Michael Golding

https://www.footballinsider247.com/leicester-city-agree-deal-to-sign-chelsea-star-michael-golding-sources/

This is the path back to prominence. Young talent acquired at a fair price. If accurate, I feel a little better about this whole situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think he will have an alright couple of years as a squad player with Chelsea, maybe even win a cup with them, and then end up at a midtable side like Palace or Fulham

Think the latter is his level, we have arguably got lucky that PSR meant Chelsea also need to sell Gallagher and then paying £30m over 4/5 years is considered good business for them.

these deals always get released with the better deal sounding for the selling club, then details come out a little later that favour the other side. It’s a PR trick at both ends.

Once the selling clubs fans have accepted it, they are less bothered by the details 

Great price to get… many games even last season in the damn Championship at times I felt like he was the weak link.

Lovely lad and local so wish him well but would have been found out again at the top level

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

This pic is probably isn't real but he doesn't look happy.....shame on Rudkin for his financial incompetence 

GRUolBHXgAA4fTV.jpeg

I’d put £1m on the fact that he is actually in a City shirt in this picture.

• Like 1