Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

Value too low again (pretend to be shocked). Barnes, Maddison and KDH have all been so not surprised. We over pay and under sell consistently. Shows how badly we have been run for years. Horrible, horrible state of this club. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Yeah. If we gave him 5 years and he turned out shit he'd be getting pelters for offering him that length of contract.

If he's decent in the first one or two seasons, we extend.

Yep, extend for double the wages which more than makes up the extra year or two in the first place.

We have the most bargaining power when they are young and at the beginning. Just ask Tielemans.

Also, if as a football club we don’t have good enough recruitment people to work out whether he is supposed to be shit or not, then they may as well appoint one of us fans to head their recruitment.

15 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Value too low again (pretend to be shocked). Barnes, Maddison and KDH have all been so not surprised. We over pay and under sell consistently. Shows how badly we have been run for years. Horrible, horrible state of this club. 

It's pretty obvious chelsea have bent over. Yiu don't get top youth prospects for 4 mill

26 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Barnes and Maddison were both sold for a fair price. KDH too I think. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DezFox said:

You are badly valuing our players because you are a fan I think.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are badly valuing our players because you are a fan I think.

I think we were all disappointed with the money we got for barnes and Maddison? Were we not? 

Just now, DezFox said:

I think we were all disappointed with the money we got for barnes and Maddison? Were we not? 

Yes, you are right, for those two it was shy of what we should have got ideally, I was thinking about KDH, so my bad.

9 minutes ago, Viva said:

Barnes and Maddison were both sold for a fair price. KDH too I think. 

I disagree, I think there is a bracket that a players goes for. I feel we have got the bottom end of said bracket each time. I struggle to remember a time recently where we, as a fan base, have been actually overwhelmed by the amount we have either sold a player for or purchased one. (At the time of purchase) 

At what point is enough, well, enough? There should be a protest against the hierarchy for sheer incompetence but the happy, clappy fanbase just continually lacks the bottle and instead goes along with this absolute sh*show that is supposed to be called running a Premier League club.

Something seismic has to change. Selling our best players was not detrimental, as we had the financial clout and scouting system to find a cheaper replacement, whilst still having decent cover. This scenario is completely different, with the financial shackles in place, we are paralysed from improving the squad. Heads have to roll from up top for this shambolic fall from grace.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, you are right, for those two it was shy of what we should have got ideally, I was thinking about KDH, so my bad.

Ok, completely fair. It’s about right for him in the current market I guess . Considering how important he would be for us I find it a little disappointing is all. 

I still think the owners dont want to spend, PSR/FFP is a convenient mask to hide that under.

They not acting like someone who wants to invest but are hindered by the rules or they just clueless in terms of football nous, getting round the rules etc, if we failed the EFL FFP we would be looking at maximum 2 or 4 points for it. 

Feel disconnected from the club for variety of reasons so probably wont be eager to watch us next season.  I had a spell some years ago where I just disconnected myself from the club for a while, and I can see that happening again.

11 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

At what point is enough, well, enough? There should be a protest against the hierarchy for sheer incompetence but the happy, clappy fanbase just continually lacks the bottle and instead goes along with this absolute sh*show that is supposed to be called running a Premier League club.

Something seismic has to change. Selling our best players was not detrimental, as we had the financial clout and scouting system to find a cheaper replacement, whilst still having decent cover. This scenario is completely different, with the financial shackles in place, we are paralysed from improving the squad. Heads have to roll from up top for this shambolic fall from grace.

I agree with you about those running the club, but generally speaking if you sell your best player it doesnt end well unless you already have a ready made replacement.

The fall from grace was partially fuelled by simply selling "too many" of the stars and scouting not adequately replacing them, which was probably inevitable when we had lost so much sports science and scouting personnel.

I would accept the sale more willingly if we had also not been rejecting deals for squad players.  The club is actively choosing to weaken the squad by keeping backup players and selling the star players.

They also clearly not very good at managing FFP, there needs to be someone senior at the club who "understands football", not just the actual physical part, but also playing the financial game.  As football is as much about finances now as it is about what happens on the pitch.

The lack of action on the stadium development plans, as well as the recent financial decisions, I do actually think the hunger isnt there any more from the king power family, we need someone to buy them out.

Edited by Chrysalis

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

This could be the height of his value.  We might be selling at the perfect time in that regard.

Absolutely no way do Chelsea make a profit on him. 

• Like 2

Looks like it’s a done deal according to the BBC. Actually gutted with this one, the lad didn’t want to leave, we’ve been forced to drop our pants and take £30m for him and you know his career will slide now. 

Skill wise of course we can replace him but being a local lad he showed his passion for the club week after week.

Hopefully we’ve agreed a buy back option to bring him home again in a couple of years.

Meanwhile the likes of Danny Ward, Soumare, et al have financially drained us over the last three seasons and contributed nothing.

• Like 2