Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

If we haven’t got this over the line on time have we failed FFP again then ?

I’d imagine they’ve got it done in time, although with this lot in charge you never know. Maybe it’ll be 14 seconds late … 

6 minutes ago, kenny said:

And he has a chance of England selection at Chelsea whereas he doesn't with Leicester.

Disagree on that point personally - think he has a bigger window at Leicester for England selection as proven by the likes of Wharton and Eze for Palace 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As I ponder over a 3 hour journey to London this morning I'm trying to sum up my feelings on KDH.

He certainly won't go without my blessing like some may have in the past. Regardless of his ability at the very highest level, which is open to question, he righted the wrongs last season as he said he would and I respect that.

I've long felt Dewsbury-Hall's contributions at Leicester are a bonus because he's a player who forced his way in to our team after a unremarkable youth career. I don't think many predicted this, but he's a testament to believing in yourself in your late teens and when getting your chance that you take it. His two loan spells were excellent and then he came back here and did the same.

There was already something wrong with us in 2021/22 as Tielemans had his every other season slump and KDH was the fresh impetus we needed, he showed real verve and desire. 

However, there has to this moment been a limit to his game. He's approaching 26 and I'm not convinced he has the technical ability to be the very best but I hope I'm proven wrong even though he'd be doing it somewhere else than here.

He's a credit to hard work, his progressing the ball up pitch is a sight to behold when he gets it right and he provided many memorable moments last season.

I think £30m isn't a bad deal for us, we aren't in a strong negotiating position given PSR so it is what it is.

I just hope it isn't all in vain, we need to learn from our lessons. Both in financial management and in trusting the players we bring through from our academy. Another success ticked off.

Thank you Kiernan.

Sums up the situation perfectly.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Disagree on that point personally - think he has a bigger window at Leicester for England selection as proven by the likes of Wharton and Eze for Palace 

No chance, the players always get picked regular when leaving us. More in the spot light playing for a bigger club.

37 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It feels like Palace players are getting picked quicker due to Southgates Palace connection. Most  big 6 players only need a few games to get picked whereas everyone else's needs a few good seasons !

8 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

No chance, the players always get picked regular when leaving us. More in the spot light playing for a bigger club.

Doesn’t really tally with our most recent internationals tbh. Justin for example. Or how Chilwell and Maddison have been excluded as Chelsea or Spurs players 

Visitor here - what I don't understand is why Chelsea/Enzo didn't go for Harry Winks instead - a perfect fit for Enzoball,  stated he's loved his football at LCFC under Enzo and a London boy.  We could surely have made a profit on him and if KDH goes for £30m, surely he'd be about that - in my view a Rolls Royce of a player.  Vards said he was one of the best he'd played with too.

I still don't know what Chelsea see in this guy. He's not a top 6 level player. He's almost 26 years old so he's not a young kid with potential like Fofana was. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kenny said:

And he has a chance of England selection at Chelsea whereas he doesn't with Leicester.

Wish people would stop with this. Weird complex.

Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater, Vardy, Maddison have all played for England while they were here. Did Drinkwater ever play for England once he went to Chelsea!?

I was constantly told Maddison would go to this years European Championship just because he plays for Spurs. Did it happen?

Last night we threw on a Brentford player and a Palace player.... but yeah, top 6 bias. 

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

If we haven’t got this over the line on time have we failed FFP again then ?

Apparently Rudkin accepted payment by cheque then ran around town all afternoon looking for a bank branch that opens on a Sunday :frusty:

• Haha 4

Fair play to him. He’s stuck around, played a big part in us going up now got a move that’ll set him up financially for the rest of his life and give him a platform to progress his career. Plus solved our financial situation at the same time.

Is he slightly limited and good enough for Chelsea? That’s their concern. From our perspective don’t think we can begrudge him the move.

So good luck!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater, Vardy, Maddison have all played for England while they were here. Did Drinkwater ever play for England once he went to Chelsea!?

I was constantly told Maddison would go to this years European Championship just because he plays for Spurs. Did it happen?

Last night we threw on a Brentford player and a Palace player.... but yeah, top 6 bias. 

It's much easier to get noticed at the Big 6 IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As I ponder over a 3 hour journey to London this morning I'm trying to sum up my feelings on KDH.

He certainly won't go without my blessing like some may have in the past. Regardless of his ability at the very highest level, which is open to question, he righted the wrongs last season as he said he would and I respect that.

I've long felt Dewsbury-Hall's contributions at Leicester are a bonus because he's a player who forced his way in to our team after a unremarkable youth career. I don't think many predicted this, but he's a testament to believing in yourself in your late teens and when getting your chance that you take it. His two loan spells were excellent and then he came back here and did the same.

There was already something wrong with us in 2021/22 as Tielemans had his every other season slump and KDH was the fresh impetus we needed, he showed real verve and desire. 

However, there has to this moment been a limit to his game. He's approaching 26 and I'm not convinced he has the technical ability to be the very best but I hope I'm proven wrong even though he'd be doing it somewhere else than here.

He's a credit to hard work, his progressing the ball up pitch is a sight to behold when he gets it right and he provided many memorable moments last season.

I think £30m isn't a bad deal for us, we aren't in a strong negotiating position given PSR so it is what it is.

I just hope it isn't all in vain, we need to learn from our lessons. Both in financial management and in trusting the players we bring through from our academy. Another success ticked off.

Thank you Kiernan.

Perfectly put.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Southgate even said himself that if you play for a Top 6 side you've proved that  you're a good enough player and will get picked quicker !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

I still don't know what Chelsea see in this guy. He's not a top 6 level player. He's almost 26 years old so he's not a young kid with potential like Fofana was. 

It'll be really interesting to see if he can raise his game with better players around him - I think he might 

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't waste your breath. It's one of those things that some people just believe and there's no amount of evidence you can bring to the table that will stop them from believing it. Not dissimilar to the widely-held view that newly-promoted teams can't play passing football in the PL because it didn't work for Burnley...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don't waste your breath. It's one of those things that some people just believe and there's no amount of evidence you can bring to the table that will stop them from believing it. Not dissimilar to the widely-held view that newly-promoted teams can't play passing football in the PL because it didn't work for Burnley...

Like I've already said, Southgate even admitted he's more likely to pick top 6 players.That by virtue of belonging to a big club automatically makes them better players. 

Edited by los dedos

1 minute ago, DZ-LCFC said:

At the same time , KDH goes to Chelsea for 30M.

Gray has a much higher ceiling than Dewsbury-Hall. If Leeds are only getting £5m more for him then Spurs have had their pants down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Gray has a much higher ceiling than Dewsbury-Hall. If Leeds are only getting £5m more for him then Spurs have had their pants down. 

Agree with that. Kids going to the very top when as much as we like kdh, the ceiling isn't too high

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Maddison got more caps in a season with Spurs than he ever got with us. 

Being at another club doesn't stop you getting caps, it's just a damn site harder to get them. Moving to a bigger club cements in people's minds that you are somehow now better. 

Drinkwater barely played, it's a nonsensical comparison. The fact he got overlooked after winning the title for permanent crock in Wilshere shows exactly their mentality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

KDH is 8 years older, you could argue he's at his peak. Where as Gray has a lot of room to grow still. 

8 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

"In the region of £35m can be reached"

Probably a tonne of add ons linked to trophy wins, call ups etc. 

Doubt it'll be that much