Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If this thread has taught me anything it's that a lot of people seem to wildly over value KDH. 

Yep. Wasn’t very good when we were relegated and even when he broke through he only really performed for a few months before tailing off.

Might have done ok this season but at this point, £30m is a good price for him.

How much do people really think KDH is worth?! He's a very hard worker with a good engine, but technically poor, £30mill is a good price for him honestly, especially as the market is adjusting in a downward trend in general due to PSR. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Yep. Wasn’t very good when we were relegated and even when he broke through he only really performed for a few months before tailing off.

Might have done ok this season but at this point, £30m is a good price for him.

We'd have taken 20m at the start of last season and whilst he was good in parts last season, he was inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'd have taken 20m at the start of last season and whilst he was good in parts last season, he was inconsistent.

Yep, and I get that £20m at the end of last season would probably have been better business for us than £30m now but it’s still a fair wack for him and the situation we are in.

24 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Did we manage to sell him in time for the PSR deadline? Surely we didn’t manage to **** that up? 

Will be fine

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-chelsea-psr-deadline-transfer-9378556

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire told The Athletic: “What you can argue is that it might fall under the definition of an adjusting post-balance sheet event. Under those circumstances, you could say you’ve agreed a sale of player X from one club to another — ‘We’ve broadly agreed the fee, all of the main issues have been dealt with, but there are still a couple of issues outstanding with regards to personal terms’.

“The clubs had broadly agreed a fee but were still waiting for the player to sort it out. Therefore you can back-date it to June 30. An adjusting post-balance sheet event is where you’ve got evidence of something that had broadly been agreed before the balance sheet date. You would need to have evidence of that, but it shouldn’t be that difficult.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If this thread has taught me anything it's that a lot of people seem to wildly over value KDH. 

Thread makes me feel that people seem to think that no other clubs sells players. 

The trick for any club is to sell them at the right time. Even the big boys do this (Real Madrid are brilliant at it).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Actually - not sure it is. KDH seemed personally driven to right some of the wrongs from the relegation season and contributed a huge amount to getting promoted. 

His stock is as high is its likely to ever be after a promotion season. Getting promoted would have been tougher without him and i don't think we would be getting more for him in a years time.

Think selling now is the right business. 

Yeah I guess I was talking about purely financially, his contribution to getting us back up was invaluable.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

30m for KDH while Kellyman went for 19m, Anderson for 35m and minteh similar…

I hate football 

It's interesting that we seem to demand above the going rate for fringe players but take very reasonable fees for our best players. I'm sure there'll be folk along to defend the club again shortly but maybe there's something we could learn on how we move fringe players on in future?

I don't think we had much choice but to sell KDH at the reported fee, we weren't in a strong negotiating position. Newcastle were seemingly frantic to sell this last week and have managed to do so for 2 players at very good fees. Minteh for the season he's just had in Holland though isn't that extortionate for his potential but you sensed the desperation with Newcastle and they still did well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tazfox said:

How much do people really think KDH is worth?! He's a very hard worker with a good engine, but technically poor, £30mill is a good price for him honestly, especially as the market is adjusting in a downward trend in general due to PSR. 

He's not technically poor, far from it. It's more than he can lack composure and decision making can let him down.

Agree that that price is probably ok, maybe £5-10m more with the English tax but hardly like we're getting our pants pulled down

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I hate football 

The other deals are purely there to circumvent PSR rules so are using highly inflated fees in a "swap" so neither club loses out.

Whilst £30m is lower than what we'd want I don't think it's too far off, and we've not given Chelsea any inflated fee for Golding so they were unlikely to part with more knowing our position. More hatred should be sent the way of our incompetent execs who have messed up so bad to the point we're forced into selling one of our best long-term assets unnecessarily.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I hate football 

But 19m for kellyman and 4m for Golding too when weighing it up

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's not technically poor, far from it. It's more than he can lack composure and decision making can let him down.

Agree that that price is probably ok, maybe £5-10m more with the English tax but hardly like we're getting our pants pulled down

He can't use his right foot, so that caps his value 

• Like 2