Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If PSR is somehow met, could that mean no points deduction?..

No. We will have one for 20-23 period but not 23/24.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Where has Tanner suggested this?

Radio Leicester tonight.

He didn't say we wouldn't meet it, he said no one knows, but it could be that it at least shows that we've been making  an effort to meet it.

Edited by smudger63
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Radio Leicester tonight.

He didn't say we wouldn't meet it, he said no one knows, but it could be that it at least shows that we've been making  an effort to meet it.

Surly he meant we won’t get deducted points for the championship we’ve still got the ffr fees from the last 2 years 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Will it meet PSR though, or is it just to show that we've been making an effort to meet it, as Rob Tanner has suggested it might have been, and we still won't meet PSR anyway.

Because no-one without access to the club accounting can have no idea of our 23/24 position it's all guess work.

The accounts aren't even finalised and will need to be audited.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marky mark said:

Surly he meant we won’t get deducted points for the championship we’ve still got the ffr fees from the last 2 years 

He mentioned the sales of last season, but said that sill nobody knows if we will meet with PSR, but that selling KDH, plus the sales of last season, the club will be seen as at least making an effort to do so.

Why is there always such a delay when LCFC are involved in any deals? And as always with us there is the usual radio silence and lack of transparency from the club.

There have been numerous deals in and out announced by other clubs who are needing to meet PSR requirements (Chelsea, Forest, Newcastle, Villa, Everton).

Nothing official announced yet on the KDH deal, so we don't know if it has gone through or when it went through. If/when it is confirmed it will be "KDH joins Chelsea for an undisclosed fee".

The hierarchy of this club really don't help themselves.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's interesting that we seem to demand above the going rate for fringe players but take very reasonable fees for our best players. I'm sure there'll be folk along to defend the club again shortly but maybe there's something we could learn on how we move fringe players on in future?

I don't think we had much choice but to sell KDH at the reported fee, we weren't in a strong negotiating position. Newcastle were seemingly frantic to sell this last week and have managed to do so for 2 players at very good fees. Minteh for the season he's just had in Holland though isn't that extortionate for his potential but you sensed the desperation with Newcastle and they still did well.

Desperation Ric that’s why.

3 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

Why is there always such a delay when LCFC are involved in any deals? And as always with us there is the usual radio silence and lack of transparency from the club.

There have been numerous deals in and out announced by other clubs who are needing to meet PSR requirements (Chelsea, Forest, Newcastle, Villa, Everton).

Nothing official announced yet on the KDH deal, so we don't know if it has gone through or when it went through. If/when it is confirmed it will be "KDH joins Chelsea for an undisclosed fee".

The hierarchy of this club really don't help themselves.

So what you are saying is that you are impatient 

• Like 1

I'm hoping it's all announced later, with a statement to say we have complied with PSR and the club are pushing on to work with our overall goal of developing into an established premier league side. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

So what you are saying is that you are impatient 

No, what I'm saying is that I'm doubting whether or not the deal was completed in time for the 23/24 PSR accounting period.

I realise that you have total faith in the people running our club but based on previous history, I don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I'm hoping it's all announced later, with a statement to say we have complied with PSR and the club are pushing on to work with our overall goal of developing into an established premier league side. 

Yes would be good but it's very unlikely there will be a statement, as that would mean the club being willing to communicate with it's supporters.

50 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

No, what I'm saying is that I'm doubting whether or not the deal was completed in time for the 23/24 PSR accounting period.

I realise that you have total faith in the people running our club but based on previous history, I don't.

Agreed. Impatient would be demanding signings coming in NOW! This is a fair question about the future of the club with points deductions etc and when you take record into account, there’s far more chance they failed to get it through than it going through on time.

Also haven’t Chelsea been involved in messes like this? I feel there was a case about a yeah ago where was it PSG said Chelsea had pissed around and failed to do a deal before the deadline. In fact yeah it was, to do with Ziyech in 2023

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/hakim-ziyech-loan-psg-chelsea-b2273507.html

So between Chelsea and Leicester, hardly a recipe for likely success at meeting a deadline and doing paperwork in time!

• Like 1

It would be very Leicester to sell our best player and most saleable asset for a lower evaluation just to meet the PSR deadline only to then miss the PSR deadline. 

And then people will still defend it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

But you didn’t say that

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Agreed. Impatient would be demanding signings coming in NOW!

He’s demanding transparency. In other words, he wants to know what’s happening and just can’t possibly wait a few days to find out whether it’s happened or not. 

It’s already been explained quite clearly, that a deal can all be in place and agreed prior to the PSR deadline, and for the player to sort their bit out afterwards. Meaning the ACTUAL signing doesn’t take place for a while afterwards. The important part is that the agreement is in place between the clubs and there is evidence of such, not when it’s announced or the player physically signs his contract.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s demanding transparency. In other words, he wants to know what’s happening and just can’t possibly wait a few days to find out whether it’s happened or not. 

It’s already been explained quite clearly, that a deal can all be in place and agreed prior to the PSR deadline, and for the player to sort their bit out afterwards. Meaning the ACTUAL signing doesn’t take place for a while afterwards. The important part is that the agreement is in place between the clubs and there is evidence of such, not when it’s announced or the player physically signs his contract.

It is true this provides some reassurance in terms of timeframes.

I just worry that whilst transfers will fall through all the time, our ‘14 seconds gate’ and the fact they had PSG publicly fuming at them for not submitting paperwork on time seem like extreme cases of incompetence that only probably less than 5% of clubs would do, basically very rare cases. 

So if you were to pick two clubs to put together for a transfer deal and think they could f*** it up, it’d be Leicester and Chelsea :unsure:

3 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

Yes would be good but it's very unlikely there will be a statement, as that would mean the club being willing to communicate with it's supporters.

Deals like this are flagged to the Premier League as being worked on, if they are announced after the June 30th date it doesn't matter it still counts, within a reasonable timeframe, towards the 23/24 accounting period!