Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

3 hours ago, Pita said:

It’s a sad day when you have to sell a homegrown player who loves the club. Best of luck to him 

It's sad but we've always done it, we're Leicester city. 

It's nothing new or even unusual. The anomaly was when we didn't sell a player and we're still suffering for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just to qualify first - this isn't a go at KDH. He's definitely one of a very few players in recent years who has had an affinity for the club.

However, you don't support your home town or parents team and then have a back-up more successful team cos you're team aren't prolific enough. I grew up with LCFC mostly in the 2nd division (80s), but I never once felt the need to say I was a Liverpool or Everton fan (yes kiddies, Everton were once a top team!)

Not so sure about this.

You're probably a similar age to me based on supporting Leicester through the 80's but the profile and accessibility to the big clubs over the last few decades, via the biased media , makes it very difficult for youngsters to stick with their local team , unless the parents are diehard fans or that particular club were regularly successful. 

My family originated from Leicester but moved to Bedford , where I was bought up.

Grandad,dad and the whole family were Leicester and I had very little choice in the matter and my only chance of watching league football was convincing my dad to drive up for games involving Leicester. 

No F In way would dad have paid to take me to Arsenal (for example) as he hated them and wouldn't have spent the time and money to go there.

It was Leicester or f off up the park with a ball on a Saturday afternoon 😄

Sky sports has given the big clubs the exposure,which other clubs don't get   to the younger audience and they unfortunately DO follow the big clubs , where I live and probably most of the country,  because they want to see their teams in big competitions.

There's probably a lot of youngsters that go and watch Peterborough,  for example,  but still follow Liverpool or Utd.

KDH was  brought up with Leicester and Utd connections and I bet there's quite a few similar all over.

• Like 1

This transfer and the state of the club is 100% down to Rudkin, Whelan and Top being blasé about PSR and ignoring/underestimating the repercussions until too late.

As a result we’ve had relegation, an overpaid playing squad that couldn’t/can’t be shifted when the club needed due to wildly overpaid wages, a massive increase in costs to the fans, the loss of the entire management team who weren’t aware of the state of PSR and now our best player gone for an undervalued fee and without any replacement because we are so far from achieving the PSR targets.

Our squad is significantly weaker than the one that we started The Championship with and we are understandably favourites with the bookies to be relegated. Even worse, we are now just a feeder club for an awful team called Chelsea, in a position where we have to accept the bear minimum from them for our best players, Will Alves will be next. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tazfox said:

Not much of a send off from the club 

Screenshot_20240702_153157_Instagram.jpg

Undisclosed fee as is always the way with us. Media report it as £30m but only LCFC/CFC know what the real figure is.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Not so sure about this.

You're probably a similar age to me based on supporting Leicester through the 80's but the profile and accessibility to the big clubs over the last few decades, via the biased media , makes it very difficult for youngsters to stick with their local team , unless the parents are diehard fans or that particular club were regularly successful. 

My family originated from Leicester but moved to Bedford , where I was bought up.

Grandad,dad and the whole family were Leicester and I had very little choice in the matter and my only chance of watching league football was convincing my dad to drive up for games involving Leicester. 

No F In way would dad have paid to take me to Arsenal (for example) as he hated them and wouldn't have spent the time and money to go there.

It was Leicester or f off up the park with a ball on a Saturday afternoon 😄

Sky sports has given the big clubs the exposure,which other clubs don't get   to the younger audience and they unfortunately DO follow the big clubs , where I live and probably most of the country,  because they want to see their teams in big competitions.

There's probably a lot of youngsters that go and watch Peterborough,  for example,  but still follow Liverpool or Utd.

KDH was  brought up with Leicester and Utd connections and I bet there's quite a few similar all over.

Oh, I know all this.

Doesn't make it right.

On 02/07/2024 at 07:18, Dahnsouff said:

These sorts of posts are in their thousands, almost posted by bot levels, and you wonder why people sometimes push back and try to see a better possibility?

I make no apologies for my hope and positivity as its far too easy to be negative.

Theres only so long you can defend outright incompetence. 

• Like 1