Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

23 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I wish we could pay more for shirts without sponsors. I’ll be continuing not to buy anything with FBS on it. I won’t be a human billboard for a petrochem company either. Nor will my child. 

Totally agree. The players are paid to wear the sponsor - we aren’t. We pay to buy the shirt, so it should be ad free, or cheaper if you want to accept advertising on it.

better regulation on shirt sponsors would help with this too. I don’t think many would begrudge a charity/nfp/good cause on their shirt. Why not have a separate sponsor for the fan shirts?

7 minutes ago, thrillbert said:

Totally agree. The players are paid to wear the sponsor - we aren’t. We pay to buy the shirt, so it should be ad free, or cheaper if you want to accept advertising on it.

better regulation on shirt sponsors would help with this too. I don’t think many would begrudge a charity/nfp/good cause on their shirt. Why not have a separate sponsor for the fan shirts?

Completely wrong 

The players aren't paid to wear the sponsor, they are paid to wear a uniform, the sponsor pays to have their logo on the uniform and all the replica uniforms sold. 

If anything, if you wanted a a shirt with no sponsor then you'd be expected to pay more as you'd need to cover the shortfall if any sponsor would agree to a deal in which we could sell them without their logo on the front, which I imagine would involve a fee far less than any sponsor of any team pays now 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Completely wrong 

The players aren't paid to wear the sponsor, they are paid to wear a uniform, the sponsor pays to have their logo on the uniform and all the replica uniforms sold. 

If anything, if you wanted a a shirt with no sponsor then you'd be expected to pay more as you'd need to cover the shortfall if any sponsor would agree to a deal in which we could sell them without their logo on the front, which I imagine would involve a fee far less than any sponsor of any team pays now 

So you think these prices are subsidised 

Ha ha ha 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, the draper said:

Will not buy a shirt with gambling/alcohol or petrochemical companies on it 

Will not let my children wear it either 

I want my club to have the highest standards possible 

And this sponsor is a massive massive betrayal of the moral fibre of the fan group

Football and morals don’t exist. If you want to compete or in some cases survive, you have to dance with the devil. There’s not a lot in the modern world that is 100% clean. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Clubs that chose betting/merky companies/monopolies as the sponsor should at least offer the kids and baby kits with a sponsor free kits.

They shouldn't have a choice on the betting companies, government should step in and create legalisation against it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Clubs that chose betting/merky companies/monopolies as the sponsor should at least offer the kids and baby kits with a sponsor free kits.

I thought it was already the norm. Or is that just with alcohol? 

1 hour ago, the draper said:

So you think these prices are subsidised 

Ha ha ha 😂 

Didn't say that did I? It was in response to players being paid to wear the sponsor, not entirely true is it? The sponsor pays to have their logo splashed over the middle of the shirt, if we want shirts with no sponsor available to fans then sponsors will pay less as part of the deal, so it's not impossible if that were to ever be the case, then you'd pay even more for a replica shirt because sponsors aren't paying as much into the club 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Alcohol advertising is not allowed on shirt fronts anymore (so I believe). Betting companies tend not to be on kids shirts (West Ham have sponsorless kids shirts). FBS is an investment platform and not a betting firm.

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If you don't advertise to them how can they learn to drink responsibly?

tdy_or_playset_161209 copy.jpg

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Completely wrong 

The players wages come at least in part from the sponsorships, as a core element of the clubs turnover, do they not? It’s ridiculous to think the paltry number of fan shirts a club like Leicester city shifts is worth much compared to the millions of eyeballs from the players wearing it on TV. 

But fine, the kit _might_ need to be more expensive (assuming we still want to be creating multi millionaires out of blokes who kick a ball around, while 3 million kids in this country live in poverty). Even so, I was actually agreeing with an earlier poster who said we should have access to ad free kits *even if they were more expensive*! :rolleyes:

As for why a piece of polyester should cost what it does, I can only speculate… :whistle:

Can we stop arguing about the morals of football and get back to mocking up kits that we’ve got no chance of having please.

Dear photoshop enthusiasts please mock me up an away kit that includes Rudkin as Christ the redeemer on the shirt and Topps Tiles as the main sponsor please.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Can we stop arguing about the morals of football and get back to mocking up kits that we’ve got no chance of having please.

Dear photoshop enthusiasts please mock me up an away kit that includes Rudkin as Christ the redeemer on the shirt and Topps Tiles as the main sponsor please.

Exactly this. Need a separate thread for Gary from SK2 to get on his soapbox about ethics of big business.

8 hours ago, thrillbert said:

The players wages come at least in part from the sponsorships, as a core element of the clubs turnover, do they not? It’s ridiculous to think the paltry number of fan shirts a club like Leicester city shifts is worth much compared to the millions of eyeballs from the players wearing it on TV. 

But fine, the kit _might_ need to be more expensive (assuming we still want to be creating multi millionaires out of blokes who kick a ball around, while 3 million kids in this country live in poverty). Even so, I was actually agreeing with an earlier poster who said we should have access to ad free kits *even if they were more expensive*! :rolleyes:

As for why a piece of polyester should cost what it does, I can only speculate… :whistle:

Is it capitalism?....it's capitalism isn't it? 😸

19 hours ago, the draper said:

Will not buy a shirt with gambling/alcohol or petrochemical companies on it 

Will not let my children wear it either 

I want my club to have the highest standards possible 

And this sponsor is a massive massive betrayal of the moral fibre of the fan group

Is a new sponsor confirmed? Did I miss something? 

18 hours ago, Super Shinji said:

Alcohol advertising is not allowed on shirt fronts anymore (so I believe). Betting companies tend not to be on kids shirts (West Ham have sponsorless kids shirts). FBS is an investment platform and not a betting firm.

It's a gambling platform 

Just betting on shares 

2 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Co Pilot wouldn't let me create this part but did mess around with this creation. Obviously I asked for blue purple and gold 

Designer(1).thumb.png.60bbd4091cf10e33639536324399f00d.png