Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

42 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

£70?! That's ludicrous. I'm that shocked I used a posh word!!!

Prices for replica shirts are mental across the board. League One Stevenage are charging £50 for adult sizes and £40 for kids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

£70!!!

that’s the Thai websites getting my cash for the fake shirts again. 

£70 is a joke

Agreed it's ridiculously expensive

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No, absolutely not. 

The Adidas kits will cost pence to make in their factories. The club will choose the pricing, the club choose the sponsorship. This is fully at the clubs door.

The club choose how much they're going to rip fans off. How after everything that has happened with cost of tickets and ST cards have you decided this isn't the clubs fault?

Not quoting this as fact but I would assume Adidas have a fixed amount rather than a percentage that goes to them from each sale. And they won’t be making less than we do in terms of profit on each shirt. So let’s say that fixed price is £35 to Adidas, that’s £35 profit for us for each shirt. And let’s be really generous and say we sell 100k shirts, = £3.5m profit. Probably covers Vardy’s wages for the year if that. 

2 minutes ago, longy said:

BRING BACK FBS.

I’d have loved Walkers back. It meant something because they were local. Whilst I don’t like who the new sponsor are, at least the Pac-Man looks nicer than block letters saying FBS TRADE ONLINE

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No, absolutely not. 

The Adidas kits will cost pence to make in their factories. The club will choose the pricing, the club choose the sponsorship. This is fully at the clubs door.

The club choose how much they're going to rip fans off. How after everything that has happened with cost of tickets and ST cards have you decided this isn't the clubs fault?

Surely adidas set a base price because they’re paying us to be our kit supplier?

and it’s not a pence cost - it probably costs them about 4 dollars to make that shirt with all the badges etc !

adidas are making a pretty penny back on what they charge the club for the shirts 

4 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

So will there be an option to have a sponsor on the kids kit as the whole point is that they want to look like their idols.

Look on DH Gate in a few weeks. It’s the only way if you want to do that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

£70!!!

that’s the Thai websites getting my cash for the fake shirts again. 

£70 is a joke

Though I agree with the sentiment of not paying stupid amounts for a shirt, given that wearing the shirt is a sign of support (rather than a style choice, generally) isn't buying a knockoff totally pointless? Wouldn't you be best served just keeping your money?

• Like 2

I don’t normally buy them from places other than the club shop but I won’t be paying that. I want to get the whole kit for my son. Does anyone know the best websites for cheaper replicas? I don’t know where to start.

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Look on DH Gate in a few weeks. It’s the only way if you want to do that.

Literally just had a Miami Messi kit turn up for my youngest from there. Quality is great... £12.50 including shorts. Perfect. 

3 minutes ago, Bevan said:

I don’t normally buy them from places other than the club shop but I won’t be paying that. I want to get the whole kit for my son. Does anyone know the best websites for cheaper replicas? I don’t know where to start.

Give it a few days and have a look on DHGate

Just now, syston_fox said:

Literally just had a Miami Messi kit turn up for my youngest from there. Quality is great... £12.50 including shorts. Perfect. 

I have that for my lad. Looks great until you put it up next to the real one. The texture on that fabric is hard to replicate.

His England kit is cracking though. Only way you can tell the difference is to pay VERY close attention to the location of the badge and Nike swoosh

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I have that for my lad. Looks great until you put it up next to the real one. The texture on that fabric is hard to replicate.

His England kit is cracking though. Only way you can tell the difference is to pay VERY close attention to the location of the badge and Nike swoosh

Yeah he got an England one from there too and found absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

Back in the day I remember ordering a 2016 Leicester kit and it was completely the wrong shade of blue. Gave it to the mother in law! 

£70 is a fair price for such a versatile garment. It can be worn on match days, mooching around Fosse Park, down the pub, on the beach and for playing sport. Not suitable for outdoor wear in some other cities though.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d have loved Walkers back. It meant something because they were local. Whilst I don’t like who the new sponsor are, at least the Pac-Man looks nicer than block letters saying FBS TRADE ONLINE

Walkers has been USA (Pepsi) owned for 50 yrs (Lays in Europe). Think we’d be better served sponsored by the pork pie marketing board.

Edited by Reginaldo