Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

The panic over kits every pre-season has surpassed the panic over new signings.Which is one massive reason to go back to 2 years per kit cycle.

A few basic things always hold this up

- they need players back in the country to model it for the various promos online and club shop flashes. A fair few are still on holiday or at tournaments or subject to bids from other clubs

- the stock needs to be available - not always the case as we've found in recent years

- we need a sponsor which isn't always straightforward - West Ham, Chelsea and Forest have started seasons in recent years without one.

If you bear in mind we can't even supply working t-shirt cannons to Debbie, Sally and Tina at half time you can see how difficult co-ordinating those 3 things will be for our ever-incompetent middle management.

Get a retro one.

They're far nicer and you don't end up as a walking billboard for either a dodgy investing website or a Thai petrochemical conglomerate that trades in human misery. 

It doesn't date so you don't need to replace it in 12 months.

Perhaps I'm just getting old now, but I really couldn't give a crap about a new kit. When it was once every few years it made it exciting. Now it's just money making scam, £50+ for a cheap top that probably cost less than £3 to make. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bilo said:

Get a retro one.

They're far nicer and you don't end up as a walking billboard for either a dodgy investing website or a Thai petrochemical conglomerate that trades in human misery. 

It doesn't date so you don't need to replace it in 12 months.

Treated myself to a long sleeve black away shirt from our title winning season. Cost about the same as the new shirt will cost. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RizLCFC said:

Please read carefully Is an odd choice for a new sponsor, but I do quite like the lanyard look. - Not keen on the red, but if they’re willing to put up the cash hey!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

Perhaps I'm just getting old now, but I really couldn't give a crap about a new kit. When it was once every few years it made it exciting. Now it's just money making scam, £50+ for a cheap top that probably cost less than £3 to make. 

Yes, you are so old grandpa. 

I'm buying all 3 - I can't wait to lose the best part of £250 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, goose2010 said:

is it ? Nearly half the prem havent released theirs yet and to be honest what's the rush ? As long as its ready for the first game it really doesnt matter. 

You’re right. My frustration isn’t really all about kit release (that’s very minor), it’s the lack of news from the club in general other than players leaving. I guess I’m just getting impatient.

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

You’re right. My frustration isn’t really all about kit release (that’s very minor), it’s the lack of news from the club in general other than players leaving. I guess I’m just getting impatient.

No, it's the club. 

Enzo basically said the lines of communication within the club are crap which is difficult to argue against.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

No, it's the club. 

Enzo basically said the lines of communication within the club are crap which is difficult to argue against.  

Departments of the club don't talk to each other, plenty of first hand experience of this.

• Like 4