Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

£70 is in the lesser bracket for kits....big 6 charge £85 and even Fulham and Forest charged £75 and £80 last season for Adidas kits.

we can’t afford to charge less than the going rate any longer

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Even Wolves are charging £58 for a kit they practically make themselves 

they don’t need to charge less so that’s pretty good considering they aren’t flush with dosh 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they don’t need to charge less so that’s pretty good considering they aren’t flush with dosh 

TBF their kits have cost a lot less than ours so they're still making profit.

Adidas kits are inherently expensive. You can't blame the club for what they cost it's on the lower side of the going rate. Club is a business at the end of the day and needs to yield profit. I don't put any of this at the owners doors it's just the way it is. If you can't afford one don't buy one.... simple 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then the going rate is ridiculous. £70 for a t-shirt that a company has paid to put their logo on, is just wrong. 

I think I'll pass. I can't justify that sort of cost. 

When I was walking through Sports Direct at Fosse park, see a shirt (a horrid one) on sale, yes sale for £115 nearly floored me. Worlds gone mad

Edited by fox_favourite

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The amount the club will raise by charging £70 instead of say £40/50 is miniscule.  Say the profit on each is £50 (selling at £70), we need to sell 100,000 to make £5m quid. 

The additional charges to fans at this level of football makes pocket change for the club.

2 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

With it having its own section on the shop site and some of the wording I wonder if the women’s team are having their own kit entirely rather than just a sponsor difference

The announcement said the sponsor would be on both.

Posted (edited)

How we've got to a point where kids' kits aren't allowed to have the sponsor on I'll never know.

I know some will shoot me down for being naïve or point out that gambling, etc. is legal in this country.

But this is supposed to be everyone's game.

To those of us who don't like gambling, crypto, or even outwardly suspect this is a money laundering operation, it may seem preferable not to have the sponsor on the front.

But I remember being a kid. If something wasn't right about the kit then it ruins it. It doesn't even matter what the sponsor is, what matters is you're wearing the kit the players wear. Every time you pull on the shirt, you're living out a fantasy that one day you'll play for this team in front of tens of thousands, scoring the goal that wins the league, FA Cup or Champions League.

That's how they rip us off with prices but it's also how a deal like this, resulting in kids not being able to wear the same shirt as their heroes, really fvcking stinks.

Nice shirt, by the way. Horrible sponsor.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

TBF their kits have cost a lot less than ours so they're still making profit.

Adidas kits are inherently expensive. You can't blame the club for what they cost it's on the lower side of the going rate. Club is a business at the end of the day and needs to yield profit. I don't put any of this at the owners doors it's just the way it is. If you can't afford one don't buy one.... simple 

No, absolutely not. 

The Adidas kits will cost pence to make in their factories. The club will choose the pricing, the club choose the sponsorship. This is fully at the clubs door.

The club choose how much they're going to rip fans off. How after everything that has happened with cost of tickets and ST cards have you decided this isn't the clubs fault?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The amount the club will raise by charging £70 instead of say £40/50 is miniscule.  Say the profit on each is £50 (selling at £70), we need to sell 100,000 to make £5m quid. 

The additional charges to fans at this level of football makes pocket change for the club.

It’s not pocket change when Danny Ward has cost you the best part of £20m.

Poor maths there, it’s easily £30m.

Edited by VLC86

Posted (edited)

So if my maths is correct.. if a new member is seen wearing this new shirt in the west stand for the opening game against Spurs with PL badge, name and number, inc ticket booking fee, they would have spent £203.50 alone lol

That's if they haven't paid for the shirt to be delivered 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

So if my maths is correct.. if a new member is seen wearing this new shirt in the west stand for the opening game against Spurs with PL badge, name and number, inc ticket booking fee, they would have spent £203.50 alone lol

What if they're holding a pie and Bovril? 

Posted (edited)

£70  🤣

No deal, I'll get a fake one for the lad thus year.

Robbing twats

The kids one looks crao anyway without a sponsor.

Absolutely pathetic that we choose a sponsor that isn't permitted to be on the kids shirt.

Edited by adam

I won’t buy the kit.

I’d like to say it’s due to the price, or the dodgy sponsor. However I think, unless you’re playing football, It’s just a bit classless! 

…… I’ll be wearing my England shirt I purchased for £12.89 from DHGate to watch the game later. :ph34r:

I get the price is alot of money, but let's not make out we are the only club on the planet who charges ridiculous money for a replica shirt 

Unfortunately it is what it is

No one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to buy it