Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

New Kit

Was planning on ordering kids kits this AM.

The size guide is quite different from last year.. we ended up buying a 9-10 size for our 5 year old, he's tall but not especially broad.

Looks like this years 9-10 is significantly bigger. 

Anyone know what the fit is like of the new kids shirts?

3 minutes ago, iann1982 said:

Was planning on ordering kids kits this AM.

The size guide is quite different from last year.. we ended up buying a 9-10 size for our 5 year old, he's tall but not especially broad.

Looks like this years 9-10 is significantly bigger. 

Anyone know what the fit is like of the new kids shirts?

If size selection is also a gamble then at least they’ve gone all in 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, UKEchelon said:

Just a heads up for people, if you don’t want the sponsor, you can email to request one without. 

It’s on the store page at the bottom of the description.

IMG_0067.png

At least they’ve done this, they’ve never done this before. I think it should always be an option to have no sponsor, particularly kids kits and even more so when you’re going for dodgy sponsors like FBS.

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 1

Just now, Nobbyburton said:

At least they’ve done this, they’ve never done this before. I think it should always be an option to have no sponsor, particularly kids kits and even more so when you’re going for dodgy sponsors like FBS.

You’d like to think they’d make it easier though instead of hiding it in the description.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nobbyburton said:

The kids kits come without the sponsor as standard I think.

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

You’d like to think they’d make it easier though instead of hiding it in the description.

100% agree with this point, although I imagine the sponsor would hate us actively advertising to remove their name after they have just paid us! 

Not saying it’s right, just from a business perspective 😅

2 minutes ago, UKEchelon said:

The kids kits come without the sponsor as standard I think.

Yup it has to as they can't advertise gambling websites. 

At least the club are also allowing the adult shirt to be sponsor less to 

2 minutes ago, UKEchelon said:

100% agree with this point, although I imagine the sponsor would hate us actively advertising to remove their name after they have just paid us! 

Not saying it’s right, just from a business perspective 😅

They ain’t gonna give a crap if I have the sponsor on my shirt in my garden or SK4. They care about what’s on Jamie Vardy’s shirt

45 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I assumed player heads had been added in post cos this leaked with the original image weeks ago. Who the hell is this guy?IMG_8752.thumb.jpeg.79d360c5bb645bdacdf95e7e60a687c9.jpeg

Isn't that the waiter Vichai signed a few years ago?

Looks like it is usually Adidas who would set the price and the club will get somewhere in the region of £20-£30 per shirt sold

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12254755/Man-United-Arsenal-shirts-risen-price-14-cent-new-season.html

According to Dr Peter Rohlmann, a German sports marketing expert, the ‘basic’ cost of making a ‘typical’ £80 shirt is just £8 per unit, or 10 per cent of the sales price. That £8 includes the cost of materials and labour (usually in Asia) plus transportation.

The retailer of the shirt, which is often a club, typically pockets £26.40 from an £80 shirt, with the manufacturing brand taking £23.47. VAT is £13.33, with the club receiving £4.80 ‘licence fee’ per shirt, while £2.40 per shirt is spent on marketing, and £1.60 on local distribution.

These figures are illustrative and vary slightly depending on the contracts between the clubs and their manufacturers, who typically pay a lump sum on top to the clubs each year.

Clubs contacted by In The Money say their kit providers — including adidas, Nike and Puma — are responsible for setting the shirt prices.

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I wonder when we will start to sell the £125 ‘player versions’. I’m shocked we haven’t jumped on that band wagon this season.

The players don’t get the authentic version as of yet so doubt it . Aston Villa have adidas now and they might have authentic version and Newcastle definitely do . 

This club, and this league, are becoming more of a joke by the day. Wank kit, wank sponsor, wank competition. 

Surely if we went back and did a Fox Leisure type thing, we'd sell twice as many shirts and make about 5 times as much money, which is apparently what football is now exclusively about.