Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

Massive win, but at the same time a concerning performance. 

Defensively we were okay, Coady makes a huge difference just with his leadership skills, and I wonder if that’s why Hamza had such a good game today defensively. 

The lack of control about our play is infuriating at times. Something we were so good at, we now can’t do. Carelessly giving the ball away in dangerous areas of the pitch is gifting teams far too much possession. Another thing we’ve started doing, is just aimlessly heading the ball into no man’s land, it happened so many times today, just put a foot on it and look for a pass? 

WBA can probably feel aggrieved not coming away with something, they missed some huge chances but then again so did we. 

I can’t help but think Enzo is still making errors, right call to include Coady today, but Faes was absolutely dreadful, how he keeps getting in the side is beyond me….. Hamza was my MOTM, but all of his good work was defensively. 

However, that is a massive, massive win. Win on Wednesday evening and we’re laughing, we will need to be better than we were today though, the saints are more dangerous than WBA I’d say, particularly on the break. Three more big games to go, but this win really puts the advantage firmly in our hands again. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Thanks 1

For entertainment value that was best match of the season. Hamza magnificent  with occasional seasoning of bombscare. Abdul seemed to be playing deep most of the match to cover Right Back and allow Hamza to do his thing.

3 points the hard way, but 3 points nonetheless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dames said:

A good win but we are going to be battered every week next season.

Next season is just about getting in The Prem & taking the vast amount of money it brings with it.

We more than likely will come back down, but hopefully we use the money well & rebuild.. 

Find it very funny that the consistent moan has been we are too boring and lack bottle.

The game we entertain far more and show some guts, it's "we will get battered next year".

As always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I actually thought up until the putting the ball in the net, West Brom were the best side I have seen down at the KP this season, superior to Leeds and Ipswich. They tore us apart for much of the game and it was a freak that they only had 1 goal to show for it. They looked fair solid at the back and limited us quite well and generally a tidy side. Very unfortunate for them today.

TBF, I'm gutted for them. 🤔

• Haha 1

You know, there's a case to be made that maybe we needed to win like that. 

I certainly didn't expect us to be capable of hanging in there, surviving the onslaughts and pressure for large periods of the game. I was certain we'd buckle. 

We didn't, and they deserve credit for that. Dug in, held on and ground out the 3 points. 

3 to go.. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Won every way last 3 games. 

Norwich: go behind, come back to win

Birms: Go in front, they level, we score late on

Weat brom: hold onto lead

Only a comfortable win left…

playing southampton so that will be easeh