Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think we win against Southampton, we do well against sides that like to come out and attack. 

I think we'll see a much more relaxed and confident team. Today you could tell they were nervous. The relief after the whistle was there for everyone to see, for both fans and players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Dominate and win: Everybody moans.

Dominate and lose: People literally foam at the mouth.

Play shit and lose: The world has ended.

Play shit and win: Moan moan moan moan moan.

Dominate AND win?: We were lucky. 

You can't put that twice!

You can't put that twice!

• Haha 1

Thought the new lad in goal did well -Choudary.

But subs too late again Wilf out on his feet after 60.Gifted them a goal o n 2 mins which they somehow missed .However we were the winners today and showed some grit

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

Unconvincing to say the least. Very lucky Leicester 

West Brom didn’t do enough to win or even get a draw. Obviously not a fluent display by us, but West Brom basically huffed and puffed. Our defence did enough. West Brom were very poor up front, typical championship attack. 

29 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think we'll see a much more relaxed and confident team. Today you could tell they were nervous. The relief after the whistle was there for everyone to see, for both fans and players. 

What I saw today was a team that cared, they had that desire… it is why we got the result. I’m happy to see that. They played together, yeah not the perfect performance but the desire to win was there against a good side in West Brom. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

West Brom didn’t do enough to win or even get a draw. Obviously not a fluent display by us, but West Brom basically huffed and puffed. Our defence did enough. West Brom were very poor up front, typical championship attack. 

That’s because all of their strikers were injured/suspended.

1 hour ago, Walshie is God said:

Seal promotion Tuesday if Leeds lose Monday night

Thank god someone else has done the maths and came to the same conclusion. 

I think we can just about get a result against Southampton if Leeds loose, just hope we don't buckle under the pressure and Enzo goes Uber Defensive and control crazy.

13 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Didnt do enough for a draw is stretching to say the least

DCC90E6E-3EF9-471E-8D46-85D167D02DFA.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Didnt do enough for a draw is stretching to say the least

DCC90E6E-3EF9-471E-8D46-85D167D02DFA.png

We both had great chances we took ours they didn’t, on balance it was even. Just a fast paced open game and I enjoyed it. To be honest I thought this is what people want to see, going out and just go for it

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

I could watch this over and over and over…. It’s all I have wanted to see, all I care about, playing for the shirt. Top of the league, mid table or bottom as long as you play with heart, play for the shirt that’s the only requirement for me.

The way Vards places the armband on him and the way Enzo raises Hamzas arm like he’s heavyweight champion of the world… epic! Goosebumps.

Go on Son. 

Edited by 99.1% BLUE
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

I didn't really mean mental for us. I meant mental for whoever comes runner up.

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I want promotion sorted before then. Finishing top will be a great bonus now. But promotion is 100% needed before the final day 

We all want to be champions and to be promoted asap. If Leeds lose on Monday and we beat Southampton on Tuesday we are promoted. With the pressure off we may see a return to earlier form. Football is a funny old game though and the job is not done yet.