Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When's the deadline to ask for cards? Will be paying the £25, no way am I going digital. It'll be £30 next year though, and eventually they'll not be giving you the option.

5th June I think. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Raj said:

Im with you on this but what are you doing?

I keep changing my mind!!! 

I want the physical card but i do not want to give the club an extra penny.

But i dont want to go digital either!!!

Let me know what you do as you can decide for me!:D

I will pay for the physical card as that’s what the club don’t want and it suits my own purposes. It won’t be an option at all in a year or two. 

I thought long and hard about whether to renew at all but FOMO (probably on our next relegation 🤣) and the enjoyment I get from watching football and Leicester being my team meant that I did although going to watch my local non league side for a tenner gets more attractive each year 

But over and above the ST and charge for the card KP won’t get another penny out of me.

I’d like to see a cap on ST/match ticket prices as was introduced for away games. When players are on eye watering incomes and with agents and others riding the gravy train there is no moral justification for the prices charged. I know the counter argument is market forces but it just seems wrong to further burden your average fan 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I will pay for the physical card as that’s what the club don’t want and it suits my own purposes. It won’t be an option at all in a year or two. 

I thought long and hard about whether to renew at all but FOMO (probably on our next relegation 🤣) and the enjoyment I get from watching football and Leicester being my team meant that I did although going to watch my local non league side for a tenner gets more attractive each year 

But over and above the ST and charge for the card KP won’t get another penny out of me.

I’d like to see a cap on ST/match ticket prices as was introduced for away games. When players are on eye watering incomes and with agents and others riding the gravy train there is no moral justification for the prices charged. I know the counter argument is market forces but it just seems wrong to further burden your average fan 

I agree with you 100%!!!

I give KP NOTHING extra in revenue expect my ST, and i think i only go now, like you FOMO and to get away from the family for a few hours every couple of weeks.!!

ST renewal and physical  card it is then.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carterfox90 said:

What i want to know is what happens if your phone battery dies, you forget your phone, you drop your phone on the way to the game & it's knackered????

loyalty tax 100% 🤬🤬

Same thing that happens if you leave your card at home.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carterfox90 said:

What i want to know is what happens if your phone battery dies, you forget your phone, you drop your phone on the way to the game & it's knackered????

loyalty tax 100% 🤬🤬

The club have said there will be charging points if you're low on battery when you get to the ground. 

As for forgetting/breaking your phone I would hazard a guess that you go to the ticket office and they'll print it for you as a one-off. 

5 hours ago, carterfox90 said:

loyalty tax 100% 🤬🤬

How many times have you sat at a match before with either no phone, no battery or a broken phone?! I know the answer is 0 for me and probably most others. There will be even less chance of this happening in future as you will have that extra thought in your mind about your ticket before you leave the house. 

I’ve used mobile tickets on a few occasions when I bring my family along and it’s really not that hard to quickly swipe them all in on my phone. 

15 minutes ago, Viva said:

How many times have you sat at a match before with either no phone, no battery or a broken phone?! I know the answer is 0 for me and probably most others. There will be even less chance of this happening in future as you will have that extra thought in your mind about your ticket before you leave the house. 

I’ve used mobile tickets on a few occasions when I bring my family along and it’s really not that hard to quickly swipe them all in on my phone. 

Didn’t ever bring mine for many many years as my mum would have gone fvckin mental 

IMG_4181.jpeg.10a859a700ffd7e8d9dd517a93376a71.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Viva said:

Not the impression I get from some folk I’ve queued behind!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Halifax Fox said:

Not the impression I get from some folk I’ve queued behind!

It really is only pressing two buttons on your phone and putting it next to the reader. Maybe the people that struggle have never used it before. After the first match, season ticket holders that do it every other week really shouldn’t have a problem. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

The club have said there will be charging points if you're low on battery when you get to the ground. 

As for forgetting/breaking your phone I would hazard a guess that you go to the ticket office and they'll print it for you as a one-off. 

£25 admin fee to do so 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Mobile tickets don’t bother me in general, but I’d rather have a card. It’s more convenient and I have a mild concern about the efficiency of the ST carrying over when I upgrade my phone, especially if ever switch between iOS and Android.

Edited by phoneticerror

I am right in thinking the digital one gets emailed to you game by game? And doesn't go into your wallet until you open the attachment, so you can theoretically still just pass it to a mate if you cant go? 

1 hour ago, Viva said:

It really is only pressing two buttons on your phone and putting it next to the reader. Maybe the people that struggle have never used it before. After the first match, season ticket holders that do it every other week really shouldn’t have a problem. 

Which two buttons is it?

Posted (edited)

Without fully understanding mobile ticketing, I assume it automatically downloads?

However, if that’s not the case and it’s a case of and you have to/you can manually download (and you’ve not done that before arriving at the stadium) I do hope the club will be investing (along with providers) on infrastructure to improve the network? And/or start providing WiFi?

Although even if it down automatically download I assume if you don’t ‘open’ the automatic download it still needs to ‘load’

As signal around the stadium is nonexistent.

One of the lines I’ve seen put out by the club was that they are “behind” when it comes to be doing digital, well poor network coverage is one of the first things they need to improve.

Can’t wait until first game of the season when kick off is delayed by 15 - 30 minutes due to “Turnstile Issues/Faults” or “Server Error”. I’m here for it.

Queue emails and social media posts advising fans to arrive early ahead of that first game.

Edited by Matt

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Without fully understanding mobile ticketing, I assume it automatically downloads?

However, if that’s not the case and it’s a case of and you have to/you can manually download (and you’ve not done that before arriving at the stadium) I do hope the club will be investing (along with providers) on infrastructure to improve the network? And/or start providing WiFi?

Although even if it down automatically download I assume if you don’t ‘open’ the automatic download it still needs to ‘load’

As signal around the stadium is nonexistent.

One of the lines I’ve seen put out by the club was that they are “behind” when it comes to be doing digital, well poor network coverage is one of the first things they need to improve.

Can’t wait until first game of the season when kick off is delayed by 15 - 30 minutes due to “Turnstile Issues/Faults” or “Server Error”. I’m here for it.

Queue emails and social media posts advising fans to arrive early ahead of that first game.

When buying mobile tickets as a member its all sorted long before you head to the ground. Its in my wallet (i obvs check it) and just open the wallet when i get to the game. I've never had a single issue and been to every home game this season with the digital ticket. But then, i check them and i get to the ground in good time.

• Like 1