Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

On 27/05/2024 at 20:17, Daggers said:

Fighting the march of time?

Maguire here saying pretty much what I’ve been saying - and if no one is objecting, if absolutely no opposition is being mounted, then you can kiss goodbye to any semblance of being a fan. 

The future King Power are aiming for is one purely based around plastics and tourists, with no season ticket holders or singing sections. 

Cue meme: Where were you when they were fighting for the soul of football, Daddy?

Again, another reason for an independent regulator with real power to police our game and protect it.

Struck me while reading all the reactions to the £25 ripping off of our fans, what if they offered ST holders a £25 discount if they agreed to not have a physical card,  wonder what the take up would have been ?  

Maguire here saying pretty much what I’ve been saying - and if no one is objecting, if absolutely no opposition is being mounted, then you can kiss goodbye to any semblance of being a fan. 

The future King Power are aiming for is one purely based around plastics and tourists, with no season ticket holders or singing sections. 

Cue meme: Where were you when they were fighting for the soul of football, Daddy?

I don't see a time where we have no season tickets. If they expand the ground, can you see 35-37k fans paying a minimum of £30 for individual matches 19 times a season?

Yes, they will flog the plastics and tourists but I cannot see them filling the place without season tickets.

• Like 1

An interesting listen but he gave no evidence for his assertion that clubs were going away from Season Tickets. As far as I can see the number of season tickets holders at our club has never been higher. I would also argue that the increases match day prices over recent years incomparison to ST pricing is encouraging ST holders to stay loyal. Not covinced that's a good thing but its clearly not going to discourage the holding of a season.

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Have you rang them up?

Yes, thank you. Ended up ringing them and getting it sorted. There are some issues with some users trying to make the change online. 

10 hours ago, davieG said:

I got a reminder and mine's free.

Can’t say there was any issue when I got my dads, didn’t even have to ask for a card when I got a carers ticket, just said they’d send two cards out.