Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Sean Longstaff

3 hours ago, K789 said:

Do I.need to guess who his agent is

Rodger’s son.  Has never failed to screw Dufkin from the rear.

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

My Newcastle mate said he's good, hard worker , eye for goal and he'd be sad to see him go. Also reckoned 15 million was a steal. So there ya go

Is his name Sean 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dandy king said:

My Newcastle mate said he's good, hard worker , eye for goal and he'd be sad to see him go. Also reckoned 15 million was a steal. So there ya go

He seems to split opinion because my Newcastle supporting mates say the complete opposite even though he's a local lad and think Howe is too loyal to him in team selections.

He's currently putting up decent numbers for a medium pace bowler too. Spends his summers playing for Tynemouth CC so if we split the deal with Leics we can get better value out of him lol

He splits opinion in their fanbase, some love the fact he's a local lad chipping in a few goals, others talk about him like the Geordie Soumare. I haven't seen enough of him to decide either way but it's difficult to be praising Jamie and Marc for their workrate and attitude and then be critical of a player that offers...... workrate and attitude.

longstaff.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Asked a Newcastle supporting friend about him today, he said:

I'd be disappointed to see him go, it would only be because of the FFP thing. Good player.

He does a lot of ugly stuff - Longstaff and Willock allowed Bruno to play. Finishing lets him down but honestly I really rate him.

A lot of Newcastle fans give him a hard time because they don’t see what he allows other players to do.

Sounds promising enough - we need grafters.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

Newcastle fan here, thought I would pop on here to check out what Leicester fans thought of this rumour :D

There is a section of Newcastle fans on twitter that think he is absolute worse than shite and scapegoat him every game but in all honesty he is not that bad.

His form recently has not been great but at the start of the season he was playing well.

Strengths are probably his work rate, stamina,  he does a lot of off the ball work for the team and is usually one of those players that covers the most distance each game. He can also pop up with goals and makes good late runs into the box.

Weaknesses are technically he is limited, also can be slow and ponderous on the ball at times. Shooting can be a bit hit and miss too, does score goals but also can miss the odd sitter.

I do think 15 million is a bit cheap for him though, he is an experienced premier league player, English tax, still only 26 so I think 20 million sounds about right. I honestly think he would be a decent signing for a bottom half prem team and is a good character who  would not cause any issues in the dressing room.

Id be surprised if we sell him though. Howe seems to like him, local lad, counts as a home grown academy player too if we get back into Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Asked a Newcastle supporting friend about him today, he said:

Sounds promising enough - we need grafters.

Yes, except we would have to spend most of our transfer budget on him. He’s okay for under 10 mil.

8 hours ago, Fox85 said:

The worse premier league player ever to play in its history.

Absolute garbage.

If it was a free transfer then only just a maybe but he isn't worth any money 

I'm a bit worried you'd think the worst player in premier league history was worth a punt on a free? 

• Haha 4

Other teams teams seem to try to offload their average players who have a year to go on their contracts left while Rudkin and Top seem to do jake sh*t here and just let our players brun down their contracts.

No wonder we're in a mess financially.....but that's what happens when you have billionaire owners and a DOF who aren't clued on in money matters at the club and seem to to think everything will be alright and when we're in the sh*t then we have to sell our best assets 

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Other teams teams seem to try to offload their average players who have a year to go on their contracts left while Rudkin and Top seem to do jake sh*t here and just let our players brun down their contracts.

No wonder we're in a mess financially.....but that's what happens when you have billionaire owners and a DOF who aren't clued on in money matters at the club and seem to to think everything will be alright and when we're in the sh*t then we have to sell our best assets 

Jake Shit... new link?

15 hours ago, Fox85 said:

The worse premier league player ever to play in its history.

Absolute garbage.

If it was a free transfer then only just a maybe but he isn't worth any money 

You clearly don't remember Junior Lewis. 

• Like 1