Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

On 05/05/2024 at 10:48, FOXSE said:

I am not sure what the actual ask was. What I would say is framing the discussion on the functionality of the digital ticket would be more productive than focusing on the £25 pound charge. 

Then, when armed with fan requirements, it would be possible to compare on the offer of other clubs.

For example, for season ticket holders at Liverpool, there is unlimited times a match tickets can be put up for sale, or Forwarded on to family and friends in a season. Leicester are offering 5 resale and 5 forwarding a season. Why is this different? And would this be a major help in winning over fans?

Liverpool have a cut off date that you have to have your family and friends list finalised to by the start of the season, which is a bit restrictive. But I guess that would help control ticket touting?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-forwarding-and-ticket-exchange-faq-s#:~:text=One hour before kick-off,of 3 times per game.

At the last meeting with the club, we asked for the 5 resale + 5 forwarding to become a more flexible 10 between the 2 types, this addresses the issue where 2 people share a season ticket & go to roughly half the games each (this is often due to work patterns fans have or where say 2 family members share a ticket). We even suggested this flexibility was offered for digital cards only - fell on deaf ears

Yes a number of other clubs allow complete flexibility and ours is the most restricted in the PL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will we ever know how many went with the physical card, and if how much, if any money went to the Vichai foundation? My point of if any money has been given to charity comes from every other time I've donated to a charity, where I've been asked if I want to 'gift aid' it, ensuring the government gives a percentage as well. As far as I'm aware that option wasn't available, making me suspicious 🤔 

34 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Will we ever know how many went with the physical card, and if how much, if any money went to the Vichai foundation? My point of if any money has been given to charity comes from every other time I've donated to a charity, where I've been asked if I want to 'gift aid' it, ensuring the government gives a percentage as well. As far as I'm aware that option wasn't available, making me suspicious 🤔 

A lot of this is something UFS are very keen to push on and find.

Unfortunately we find ourselves in a position where the drawbridge has been firmly pulled up with communications being firmly ignored.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broughtonblue said:

I wasn’t even asked on the phone if I wanted to donate to charity. I was just asked for £25. I think legally they have to ask you and if they make it compulsory you can say you’ve been pressurised into the donation. I’m not sure any of this is legal TBH. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RYM said:

I wasn’t even asked on the phone if I wanted to donate to charity. I was just asked for £25. I think legally they have to ask you and if they make it compulsory you can say you’ve been pressurised into the donation. I’m not sure any of this is legal TBH. 

Yeah I completely agree, felt very much made up on the quick after they misjudged the fans reaction to the tax.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like a lot of our fans are going to be charged far more for a far inferior product, the responsibility for which lies with those who are levying the increased prices whilst not themselves having to pay them 

Such is commercial football 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

3 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

I have just checked on the charity's details and they are not registered with HMRC for gift aid so that explains why you weren't asked re gift aid, may be a tax dodge with them I don't know 

18 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah I completely agree, felt very much made up on the quick after they misjudged the fans reaction to the tax.

yes it seemed it was text book panic and then something to try and make it all look altruistic!!! Didn't they release an article about the charity the same day 🤣

If it is going to the charity, what is the charge even for? To cover what costs? And if the club can afford to waiver those costs why then still make the fans pay something. It's utter nonsense.

Then there is the whole 5% ticket increase and silly ticket prices. I'm hoping (but not hopeful) that there is some sort of action against it all. I guess a retail boycott won't happen now as the kit will be out soon and there is no point reacting once people have already bought them. The match on Sky first game of the season is a great opportunity for something. 

The issue with a lot of fans (KP sympathisers) is you're only one signing and a bit of excitement away from them forgetting how we've all been absolutely shafted.

During the last match of the season, their was a brief outburst of "25 pound, your having a laugh"

I think if we sang it every home game in the 25th minute, everybody who's paid it would cotton on, so by the 7th/8th game a large proportion would be singing it. Possibly the only way to get the message across? 

Or a new chant encompassing this issue, ticket prices, wheres the money gone etc, again 25th minute every home game

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

During the last match of the season, their was a brief outburst of "25 pound, your having a laugh"

I think if we sang it every home game in the 25th minute, everybody who's paid it would cotton on, so by the 7th/8th game a large proportion would be singing it. Possibly the only way to get the message across? 

Or a new chant encompassing this issue, ticket prices, wheres the money gone etc, again 25th minute every home game

See Charlton & Reading fans, they did something different 🐷🎾

Edited by RYM

Glad there’s a plan for action and a call to support local businesses instead until supporters receive acceptable answers.

Minor feedback: that statement is way too long to be written in all caps. I know this isn’t the intention but it reads like two pages of someone yelling at the reader. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Off i got to post this in the Facbeook groups, mostly because at this point I enjoy watching the abuse that comes my way...

This aged well...Some of the larger FB groups declined to let me post it. They are an interesting bunch over there.

9 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Glad there’s a plan for action and a call to support local businesses instead until supporters receive acceptable answers.

Minor feedback: that statement is way too long to be written in all caps. I know this isn’t the intention but it reads like two pages of someone yelling at the reader. 

Yeah fair point on font. Busy day with trying to sort the boat stuff so a few others have had to quickly jump in to working on the graphics.

The font has been mentioned internally, balance between a new one and our stuff being uniform and recognisable.

• Like 1