Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah fair point on font. Busy day with trying to sort the boat stuff so a few others have had to quickly jump in to working on the graphics.

The font has been mentioned internally, balance between a new one and our stuff being uniform and recognisable.

Totally get it! Hope I didn’t come across as nitpicking there. :schmike:

Edited by The_77
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Union FS said:

Absolute agreement in what you've said and it's a good idea to hold the club to task in relation to the charity point, it would be all kinds of wrong and a PR disaster if the club has pocketed the money, particularly as it's in Vichai's name. 

One small criticism is the statement is emotional (probably intended to be) and scathing of the club - it needs a bit of wordsmithing, as I think previously UFS have said the club aren't engaging anymore, silence etc.

People will fight fire with fire, and some short sighted seniors at the club will be offended by the constant cricticsm, and have a bit of a fVck you attitude towards the group.

It's a bit like trying to get a price increase with a key customer, you've got to pitch it right to make them comfortable to get the deal done, deep down you don't care about them - it's got to be a bit more collaborative is the point I'm making, I'm not sure who is the key communicator between the group and the club - but maybe someone with some experience on that front might get some results.

Good luck.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The difficulty is that themselves and other fan groups have tried repeatedly the tactic of taking the club at their word, waiting for feedback, and holding off because they don't want to upset the progress which has been made before hand. They didn't want to upset those involved and lose the traction made but they aren't getting anywhere and that's after recently reminding the club of dates/promises of consultation. This has been years of a slog - which started getting somewhere and now it's retreating back. 

The club are backing on the apathy and lack of unity in the overall fanbase to such issues and will 'roll the dice' that the criticism will never be loud enough or stronger enough to alter their position. 

What changed? I get your points, but theres has to be more ways of trying to get some traction - whilst it morally feels right to go on the offensive, it will be seldom successful as the club will see it as just noise. One thing that could change is an uprising from a large proportion of fans (think Mike Ashley @ Newcastle) or someone from UFS that can nurture a relationship with the senior figures at the club. Does anyone within the group have any PR experience, or experience in their day job of how to get a relationship struck with senior people to get things moving again.   

56 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I think a boycott of the club shop and especially the new shirts should be added . This is an easy protest to make but need to publicise it 

as someone lovingly said to me on FB last night "you lot are small, don't speak for us "proper fans" and all you do is moan."  

You are fighting uphill across all fronts as we seem to have some strange split across Social Media. Facebook no one can do any wrong, Twitter is...well...Twitter where people go way too far in their negativity to the point they are rightfully receiving banning orders and then there's places like this where it seems a bit more of a healthy debate is had on the matter.  The Foxes Trust is currently going through a reform by hook or by crook, UFS is great but is not acknowledged by the club in some instances I believe as a supporter group, or at least it is when it suits the clubs interests but not when it doesn't. I would hazard a guess that if you used attending match day people as the whole fan base as an example, UFS and TFT would represent maybe 5% at most? I could be wrong there.

At this point, until you have a lot of the fans unifying it is a thankless task, but @Union FS are at least daring to say "spend your money elsewhere" now. History will judge if that was a good move or not. I know which side of the fence I land on with it right now, but I could also be betting on the wrong horse. 

Edited by ramboacdc

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

What changed? I get your points, but theres has to be more ways of trying to get some traction - whilst it morally feels right to go on the offensive, it will be seldom successful as the club will see it as just noise. One thing that could change is an uprising from a large proportion of fans (think Mike Ashley @ Newcastle) or someone from UFS that can nurture a relationship with the senior figures at the club. Does anyone within the group have any PR experience, or experience in their day job of how to get a relationship struck with senior people to get things moving again.   

The problem as I see it is that the club seem to have adopted a mentality similar to other Premier League clubs where they feel the "commercial revenue ceiling" on match days has been reached so they are happy to charge more and assume there is a massive queue of people waiting in the wings should we all be priced out. "New fans".  A club like Spurs can have that attitude to an extent but the likes of us and Wolves etc can't, despite what those at the club think. 

The club play a very political game, tick boxes, do the minimum or less when it comes to engaging with fans knowing that they'll get away with it.

Other fans have tried stopping games, protests, retail boycotts (could've been done last week with the kit launch) people not going at all etc or nothing will change. The issue here is (as @CosbehFox mentions) the apathy and acceptance from the masses on it. Fan groups (UFS and FT, the others probably won't rock the cosy boats) could organise something but who would join them? 10% of fans at best? We could be pleasantly surprised but as long as there is that apathy and absolutely zero accountability why would the club change? 

Edited by RYM
  • Thanks 1

The club really needs to focus on getting supporters back on their side again, and regain a bit of trust to it back.

Be it creating a mental health space centre, off-season Family Day on-site etc.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

The club really needs to focus on getting supporters back on their side again, and regain a bit of trust to it back.

Some Krispy Kreme donuts and a pint of Singha? 

34 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Thing is Wymsey we live in a bubble on here - for a good percentage of the supporters, the club have done no wrong. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Thing is Wymsey we live in a bubble on here - for a good percentage of the supporters, the club have done no wrong. 

As you and @RYM have said, to the vast majority of supporters they probably see the increase in pricing as inevitable and are completely nonchalant about the entire thing. 

They won't care about the cost, the sponsorship morals etc, they just like watching the side play and everything else is just noise. 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As you and @RYM have said, to the vast majority of supporters they probably see the increase in pricing as inevitable and are completely nonchalant about the entire thing. 

They won't care about the cost, the sponsorship morals etc, they just like watching the side play and everything else is just noise. 

I used the analogy before - a football club is a solar system. They are multiple planets. You have the playing side, the board/management and the fans. 

They all have their own orbits and gravitational pulls. For some, they are happy to be on solely concentrate on that playing side. They park all the noise about everything else - in fact it's what all of us enjoy. 

The issue with the planets is that if one of them starts to fcuk around, then the orbits and the pulls start to pull on the other planet. The bad decision making of the board/management is affecting playing side (see forthcoming points deduction) and affecting the fans (increasing ticket prices). In the process you price out the sections of your support who are far more vocal which can push on the playing side to succeed. 

It's easy to ignore and just watch the football but it has to be acknowledged that bad decisions elsewhere will indirect affect the performance of the football. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Leeds also taking the piss out of their away going fans. Scrapping whatever policy they had for those who went to all or very close to all away games, and charging them £850 for the pleasure of keeping that loyalty 

Last year (in the comments) cost around £670 to buy all aways last season. 

Modern football and modern football owners are all scum at the upper levels

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Leeds also taking the piss out of their away going fans. Scrapping whatever policy they had for those who went to all or very close to all away games, and charging them £850 for the pleasure of keeping that loyalty 

Leeds at least have the small excuse that they f**ked up their chance at EPL revenues and are going to have to operate on a shoestring and massively restructure next season to avoid EFL penalties. Poor form to look to the fans to squeeze pennies out, but they're probably desperate for anything they can get to balance the books.

LCFC by comparison are quids-in this season even if we get fines or go straight back down. There's absolutely no excuse to do what our board is doing, given it's a drop in the ocean to our overall financial picture yet potentially deal-breaking for loyal fans.

And yes, I am laughing at Leeds. We all are. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It's almost like a bunch of clubs got together at the end of the season and said 'how can we fuch over the supporters next season'

They all talk, many use Daniel Levy as a sounding board. The feel amongst all these clubs is that "commercial revenue ceiling" has been reached on match days so they all (for some reason) think that if we don't spend then there is a huge queue of "new fans" waiting to take our places. That theory is great if you can guarantee a 1-0 win every week...

This is why I don't understand how fans are so apathetic towards the club. 

The EPL introducing Fan Engagement guidelines and FAB's (our club stopped the process once we dropped out the league as it wasn't a "must do" in the EFL) is another perfect way for clubs to tick boxes, say they are talking to (cherry picked) supporters and claim everything is ok and going well.

Expect more of the same.

2 hours ago, RYM said:

They all talk, many use Daniel Levy as a sounding board. The feel amongst all these clubs is that "commercial revenue ceiling" has been reached on match days so they all (for some reason) think that if we don't spend then there is a huge queue of "new fans" waiting to take our places. That theory is great if you can guarantee a 1-0 win every week...

This is why I don't understand how fans are so apathetic towards the club. 

The EPL introducing Fan Engagement guidelines and FAB's (our club stopped the process once we dropped out the league as it wasn't a "must do" in the EFL) is another perfect way for clubs to tick boxes, say they are talking to (cherry picked) supporters and claim everything is ok and going well.

Expect more of the same.

There's an FCC next week at which I'm sure the club will be delighted in having to accept they now need a FAB under PL rules, so expect some news and as you say, some very hand picked supporter representatives that pedal the same shit the club do so they can be in a room with Susan once every few months.

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

They must be fuming up there. Surprised they aren't turning over police cars and setting fire to buses.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

They must be fuming up there. Surprised they aren't turning over police cars and setting fire to buses.

As the Kaiser Chiefs famously said
"everyday I love you less and less"

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Doubtless they'll be twitching thumbs at King Power now looking at the potential for 'away season tickets".

It'll be so appealing to them to control the profile of fan they're after.

F**k me!  Dont!  It's hard enough to get away tickets as it is.  I only bought about 4 legitimately last season. 

Edited by rugbyblue

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Leeds at least have the small excuse that they f**ked up their chance at EPL revenues and are going to have to operate on a shoestring and massively restructure next season to avoid EFL penalties. Poor form to look to the fans to squeeze pennies out, but they're probably desperate for anything they can get to balance the books.

LCFC by comparison are quids-in this season even if we get fines or go straight back down. There's absolutely no excuse to do what our board is doing, given it's a drop in the ocean to our overall financial picture yet potentially deal-breaking for loyal fans.

And yes, I am laughing at Leeds. We all are. 

Leeds have just signed one of the biggest shirt sponsorships in the country. They don't need the money at all. 

50 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Leeds have just signed one of the biggest shirt sponsorships in the country. They don't need the money at all. 

giphy.webp