Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Doubtless they'll be twitching thumbs at King Power now looking at the potential for 'away season tickets".

It'll be so appealing to them to control the profile of fan they're after.

We have already had a similar thing in 2014 when you got invited onto the away priority scheme if you’d been to most of the previous seasons away games.

Not quite an away ST but not far off and it worked really well as it meant I just waited for the ticket in the  post, but a few seasons down the line it ended and you got a slot before P1 to buy them.

I came off it after Covid.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2024 at 22:03, Daggers said:

It's great, but its pissing in the wind. 

Total boycott is the only thing that will shift the dial...and then extends league wide. All clubs are having us for mugs - don't comply. 

I don't really care what other people do, that's their choice. I'm choosing to do something, pissing in the wind or not. The most important part of any change is the fact it has to start somewhere. Total boycott is not the only thing that will shift the dial, it is a view, imo, that stops people from trying in the first place.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, marbles said:

Forgive me for not knowing - but what stops an owner from packing up the team and moving to a new city?

Is there some kind of contractual obligation?

Like you, I don't know the technicalities but unless you are a big club with nationwide "supporters" it just wouldn't be worthwhile.  Mk dons are an example.  I saw somewhere their stadium is only 20 odd per cent full most weeks.  It just didn't take off in a city that hadn't had a pro team before.  

That said, it's despicable in my opinion to even consider it.  They do it often in the NFL though and blatantly call them franchises rather than clubs.

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, marbles said:

Forgive me for not knowing - but what stops an owner from packing up the team and moving to a new city?

Fairly sure after the Wimbledon/Mk debacle; the footballing authorities wouldn’t approve membership to their competitions 

29 minutes ago, marbles said:

In our case we've taken so long just to decide on planning to build an extension to one stand, I can't see a day when this ownership would have the willpower or financial backing to move an entire club elsewhere.

Right now a few hundred deciding not to use the club shop and facilities at a time when we'll be re-attracting tourists and casuals anyway might not even make a ripple.

Thanks for the replies.

Being such a common occurrence with the NFL it had me wondering if there was something stopping an owner.

Which of course also had me wondering…..

If there was, would a complete lack of fan support null and void any contractual agreement.

I know the majority of NFL teams move due to a lack of fan support.  There has been at least one instance where that wasn’t the case.  The Browns owner basically was just offered a better deal to pack up the team and move them - which was extremely shitty considering the fact that fans were loyal despite the owner never fielding a team worth a damn.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Someone told me that 16,000 season ticket holders opted for a card, is this true? 

not scrolled back through this thread.  

So they made £400,000 off this fast con? Where's the next Riyad Mahrez? :riyad:

On 22/07/2024 at 17:46, rugbyblue said:

Like you, I don't know the technicalities but unless you are a big club with nationwide "supporters" it just wouldn't be worthwhile.  Mk dons are an example.  I saw somewhere their stadium is only 20 odd per cent full most weeks.  It just didn't take off in a city that hadn't had a pro team before.  

That said, it's despicable in my opinion to even consider it.  They do it often in the NFL though and blatantly call them franchises rather than clubs.

I doubt very much Owners would get away with it today.  Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes which was a new City with any real football affilation.

The other Wimbledon problem was that the new town of Milton Keynes was very cosmopolitan in that most of its resdients were Fans of the other big London Clubs like Arsenal and Spurs Chelsea.