Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton match thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pearson 'get on with it!' 

That's the spirit! Although he said he didn't like the finger-pointing between Maresca and Martin. He's more of the strangling type... 

Not enough fingers involved for our Nige's taste.

Just now, Groby_Blue said:

Southampton definitely look like they're already preparing for the playoffs. We should finish this off with a couple of early golf second half. 

It'll be two dark for golf in the second half.

• Haha 2

Lots to enjoy about that first half. By no means perfect. Saints haven’t been great but there’s quality in their team, we need to stamp our authority early second half. 

That passing sequence between Vestegaard, Riccy, Hermansen and KDH to get out of the press was just excellent. 

Get this job done. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Had 36% possession but 11 shots… almost like we are quite effective when we don’t try to obsessively retain the ball at every opportunity. 

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Vardy has looked the best he has all season in general play in a game where we are letting the opponent have the ball and are pressing them high. 

Wow, I really thought we were dominating possession. Just shows what playing more a attacking style does subjectively.

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Ipswich can't be having any complaints about luck this season

they have had it in deflected bucketloads 

I’m not sure if their forum is representative of their fan base but they have such a chip on their collective shoulders. Absolutely bitter beyond belief! To be fair their fans who have ventured on here have been as well.

They can’t seem to just enjoy the season they are having and can’t get over the fact they got called lucky a bit.

Think we’ve looked completely comfortable so far. Before the goal we were on top and since wracking the lead we’ve conceded possession but I still think we’re controlling the game and looking the more dangerous. Of course we may turn to utter shite second half but I’ve been impressed. We look comfortably the better team. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Why are people harping on about it being offside? It’s level! Yes VAR might analyse it for 5 minutes to see if Fatawu needs to cut his toe nails but in the real world, he is level. I’m seeing Ipswich fans saying it was worse than Leeds 3rd last night! Not sure what planet they are on!

Can only be recency bias. The fact that automatic promotion is slipping away must be triggering them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

They'll all be rested on Saturday, we don't play until Monday 

ah yes right you are.  Move along everyone. Nothing to see here!

• Haha 2

I think it will be imperative for Enzo to make changes earlier in the 2nd half. 

It just feels like Southampton can undo our back 4 with a moment of skill and speed. 

I think Enzo will need to be brave and bring on Hamza and Coady to sure us up the longer this goes on. 

It may sound negative, but the longer it stays at 1-0, the more vulnerable we will be and we have so often collapsed after conceding. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I think it will be imperative for Enzo to make changes earlier in the 2nd half. 

It just feels like Southampton can undo our back 4 with a moment of skill and speed. 

I think Enzo will need to be brave and bring on Hamza and Coady to sure us up the longer this goes on. 

It may sound negative, but the longer it stays at 1-0, the more vulnerable we will be and we have so often collapsed after conceding. 

Ugghh.

we need to go for a second not defend the 1-0