Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Hull-Ipswich (title assist)

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Playoffs gonna be absolute blockbuster, 3 of the 4 teams in them are in woeful form! Norwich’s to lose now surely 

Never goes on form though

1 minute ago, 1962 1978 1981 said:

3 minutes from a win that would have helped enormously towards a return to the premier league after 22 years but in truth we haven't been at our best since losing the Norwich game a few weeks back.      Have not won since that day and too many drawn games and missed opportunities against teams like Watford, Middlesbrough and now tonight have gone some way in that we may just miss out on automatic promotion altogether.     We've punched above our weight at times this season but it's been outstanding so far with so many goal options and other than tonight, a usually reliable goalkeeper in Hladky.      We've had players out through injury or suspension but can't really use as an excuse as it applies to just about all squads in any league. 

Tonight was disappointing but all it needs now is avoid defeat against Coventry and to beat Huddersfield over 90 minutes in front of 30,000 people with a home advantage on the final day.    Think somehow, that's not too bad odds.    If they had offered that back in August everyone at Portman Road would have jumped at the chance.     It's goals conceded that's the biggest problem for some, scoring is easy most of the time, there's no problem in that area, but keeping them out may just prove too costly by the end of season.   

I don't care much for winning the league or for finishing 1st.    You can have that and probably will, over the course of the season Leicester will have proved to be worthy champions despite that blip you endured recently whereas we haven't won as many games and there remains some doubt and inconsistency involving our own abilities.      2nd would be marvellous for us, totally unheard of back last summer and beyond our best expectations.    Runners-up would be more than adequate, I think over the course of the season we would have deserved by the viewpoint of many to occupy one of the automatic places by end of final fixture.  

You’ll be fine, Cov are knackered and are on the beach and Huddersfield won’t provide much of a contest :thumbup:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kienan dewsbury croc said:

Guys the last time we won the league was in Lancashire Bolton away Lloyd dyers rocket Preston away say no more 

Scored with his hardly used right peg. I remember that goal. I was listening to it on the radio and jumped around the whole house. What a cult hero Dyer was. Miss him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

Just home from Hull.  You'll win on Monday and rightly lift the title - and completely deserve it.  We don't care - at the beginning of the season we were just after consolidation and it's been a whirlwind none of us expected.  It's not easy supporting Ipswich, but with a couple of exceptions, we work our socks off and give 100% and play entertaining football.  Hutch was on fire tonight, and have to remind ourselves that this is his first season of men's football but what a future he has. Good luck Monday and hopefully we can follow you up and shut Leeds up

You will go up.  I'm sure. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You will followers I'm sure. 

Bloody hope so as my lad hasn't been involved in play-offs and not sure he could cope....and I'm old enough to know how horrific they really are.  Then WBA can win the play-offs as we have no love to Farke, Leeds, Martin and especially the budgies. It would be fantastic to shut the Leeds fans up given their arrogance. Hopefully see you in PL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lizzibee said:

Bloody hope so as my lad hasn't been involved in play-offs and not sure he could cope....and I'm old enough to know how horrific they really are.  Then WBA can win the play-offs as we have no love to Farke, Leeds, Martin and especially the budgies. It would be fantastic to shut the Leeds fans up given their arrogance. Hopefully see you in PL

A lot of us (me included) projected our ownership and financial mismanagement angst on you this year re: deflection fc. It’s tough seeing a team essentially free hit their way to a league promotion when our situation made it essential.

In reality you deserve to go up and what your boys have done is spectacular. Let’s hope for midweek wins for both of us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

Just home from Hull.  You'll win on Monday and rightly lift the title - and completely deserve it.  We don't care - at the beginning of the season we were just after consolidation and it's been a whirlwind none of us expected.  It's not easy supporting Ipswich, but with a couple of exceptions, we work our socks off and give 100% and play entertaining football.  Hutch was on fire tonight, and have to remind ourselves that this is his first season of men's football but what a future he has. Good luck Monday and hopefully we can follow you up and shut Leeds up

Agreed a draw and a win will do you and I for one will be chuffed to see you guys back in the Prem (particularly rather than those arrogant so and so's) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

I think you'll be coming up in 2nd.

I would imagine most Leicester fans will be rooting for you too.

You deserve it, and it would be great to watch Leeds lose in the play-offs.

• Like 4

Probably the best result for us to take some pressure off the likelihood of Ipswich pipping us to the title had they won but still keeping them in the driving seat to finish second. Hull was probably the hardest of their 3 fixtures left too. Hopefully we get the job done tomorrow then cheer Ipswich on against Coventry and Huddersfield!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

A cracking game that puts Premier Leagye snorefests to shame.

Thanks Hull, just Leicester one win seals the deal or Ipswich to lose one of theirs.

The title is there for the taking, and a real party atmosphere on 4th May beckons!

Premier league has seen a record amount of goals this season 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I'll probably regret asking....what is SCMP ? :unsure:

It's salary cap management protocol apparently, Leagues 1&2 are limited to 60% of their revenue going on player's wages and transfers.

Edited by Foxmeister
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Anyone watching this league as a neutral would have been very much entertained. Great advert for it. I don’t personally buy the argument that the Championship beats the PL for entertainment. Villa v Chelsea was on at the same time and switching between games, there was a distinct difference in quality without losing the entertainment value. It’s harder (or should be but our team last year missed the memo) to score goals in the PL which perhaps explains the goal glut we get in the champ. 

Last time we went up, I lost interest in the league. Barely followed it. I was very much new to many players/teams we played this year. I’m hoping we stop up for a long time this time but keen not lose interest in this fantastic league (for the neutral, horrendous while you’re in it!). 

Overall, we criticise a lot but the quality of the English league system is second to none. The champ offers more entertainment then many other “top” leagues.

It's been a welcome break from the Premier League. I'll be honest and say I've watched less than 10 live PL games in their entirety all season and am very much not missing it.

Although the reasons for not missing it are two fold, firstly our demise that was completely avoidable and secondly VAR and the non stop bull shit you have to listen to when immersed in the Prem.

There's something very honest and authentic about The Championship, despite alleged inferior officiating. I've little problem with the mistakes that are more than made up by on the spot decisions and getting on with it.

I'm not crazy about us being in the Prem for the sake of it, it's mire a necessity due to the predicament we are in and because we'd been there for a decade and there's an expectation. Give me a young and unproven but progressive squad with vast potential on sensible wages any day of the week.

If that's not quite good enough for the PL then don't care but thr model is that we give ourselves the opportunity to compete without killing ourselves in the process.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

They're the best way to go up though :ph34r:

Are you hoping for a premier league East anglia Derby next season or are you hoping they get play off heart break lol

If Leeds fail to get promoted, they will be stuck in the Championship for years. They are going to have sell their major assets to pay all their debts. Really is sh*t or bust for them now.  Considering they are the best Team in the league, they need to deliver now.

14 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

See you next season!

• Like 1