Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

What Have You Enjoyed Most About This Season?

No VAR. Seeing different teams and enjoying the football. Double edged sword for me going up. Unless we recruit really well it could be a long difficult season in the Prem. Really enjoyed the Championship. It's getting a bit of a procession in the Prem with big money teams dominating. Fans will need to be patient next season.

• Like 1

Leaving the Div NOW!!! the others falling apart at the end more than us.

The West Country aways!!!

Stoke we were stunning AND we did win on a WET Saturday there, stunning attacking at Birmingham A.

I know everybody is saying NO VAR BUT the refs could be as shite as they wanted to be with no comeback, and they were, this Div is FULL of lazy refs, who know there'll be no pushback. 

Daka's goal at Leeds in point, we'd have won with VAR.

Job done

Although the officiating has been shocking you don’t get so much of the likes of Fernandes and Xhaka co-refereeing the game with their arm on the refs shoulder for 90 minutes and voice in his ear and an in-balance of treatment between the famous and lesser so players, case in point De Bruyne’s 4 or so yellow card offences against us last season that would be a card for a MacAteer or Luke Thomas every time.

Also with less media attention and reaction the managers have less pre-match influence on the refereeing, Arteta, Klopp, Pep all putting pressure on before a ball has been kicked then acting as if they have a divine right to constant dialogue that a Sheffield United caretaker manager doesn’t. Artetas heat map looks more like a full back than a manager!

Having said that the refs authority is ridden roughshot over at this level when it comes to time wasting, “Show some authority ref” and “They’re taking the p*** out of you ref, take some control” being my most common shouts when players just ignore his gesture to hurry up or advance a throw or free kick by ten yards right in front of him. Perhaps it’s intimidation of an inexperienced official

Maybe rival fans will say refs at this level have been intimidated by Vardy but generally players being equal is the refreshing difference.

• Like 1

The club taking action on environmental sustainability by implementing a £25 plastic charge, and the massive and well publicised success of the games that went to general sale.

And this

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

No VAR

My hero Vardy still bringing it and giving us everything

Exciting wingers

Some fun new songs

When you’re smiling with the scarves

Being able to get away tickets (cannot wait for Preston tomorrow!) 

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I want to give a shout out to the other teams in the Championship this season.

Far too often when we've lost it's been a case of how 'shit' we've been, with not much recognition given to our opponents for actually 'doing a job' on us.

There's been many examples of teams home and away that have played some decent stuff at times and tactically sussed us out and frustrated us - fair play to them.

I know people moan that the overall quality of the Championship is poor but in terms of overall excitement, I've quite enjoyed it and in a perverse way will miss the madness of it all.

Plymouth away was electric…. Best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in an English ground…. They were mental and unbelievably loud…. Nobody in the PL could touch that atmosphere 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Plymouth away was electric…. Best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in an English ground…. They were mental and unbelievably loud…. Nobody in the PL could touch that atmosphere 

Without being patronizing, there's something incredibly romantic and endearing about second tier teams in pursuit of the holy grail of top flight football (or even just survival in the second tier)

I loved it under Little and MON as we attempted to get into the PL after years in the wilderness and chasing that dream is about as good as it gets as a fan IMO.

Massive respect to the likes of Plymouth and other proper championship clubs with real die hard supporters.

I hope some of them get to be as lucky as we were in achieving the ultimate pinnacle. We really were blessed. 

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 3