Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

What Have You Enjoyed Most About This Season?

1 hour ago, broadstone fox said:

Defo plymouth

Went undercover. Fans that got behind their team.  Nice city aswell

The prem is so boring unless you are one of the better teams

Tbf every division is boring unless you’re a good team.

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32

the away fans ,  they av mostly been humble jumping on off coaches with no drama, next season we welcome back the mancs dressed as liam gallagher the scousers with their fantastic sense of humour emmm and spurs with their very loud voices shouting wez der fakin away end  , it's where it reads away supporters its where its been for 22 years , its where it was when you came 3rd in a 2 horse race ,  can't wait ;)  

All the things fellow fans said above but most importantly I enjoyed the tradition, the football English tradition which is still kinda pure in this league (fans, grounds, atmosphere etc). They'll try in the following years to destroy all these, we need to stop them for the sake of the sport. 

Part of me is a bit sad we're leaving all the above behind for at least one season. Idk if us fans can step up, collaborate and stop the demise of the sport in PL. 

• Like 2

TV coverage is much better. They will talk about the occasional bad reffing decision but it doesn't become the main part of the program and followed up by an hour long Monday night football on why the decision was wrong etc etc. Much more chilled, and better for it.

• Like 4

I live a long way from Leicester and I watch us on streams.

This season I've had to watch a few games with the opposition commentary on the stream.

There was a period when we were running away with the league, when Enzoball was working and HMS Pisstheleague was flying a City Flag on calm waters, that opponents' commentators would repeatedly say we were obviously far too good for this league, they would applaud our build up play to the goals and they would be reduced to cheering their own lads getting a throw in.

That felt good.:)

• Like 3

Wingers (plural)

The random seats in front of us not being occupied by tourists filming the entire game on their phone.

Resurgence of Ricky P having almost a full season under his belt

Vardy taking the piss out of every set of away fans like a farewell tour.

The one thing I don't like (opposite to a lot of people it seems) is the total anonimity of the league in comparison to the PL. I know there's been a lot of coverage of the "most competitive Championship race ever" but you completely vanish from sight and coverage of anything involving the club is next to zero. 3 or 4 of our goals this season deserved far more spotlight but even the financial stuff needed more analysis and certain figures at the club have escaped attention because of where we are.

• Like 3

No VAR

Some great away days (Huddersfield, Birmingham, Cardiff my faves)

The year my 9yo lad has well and truly got the bug. He’s only ever lived here in the north west so him being hooked and getting him to more games home and away than ever before has been a genuine blessing. He couldn’t sleep tonight for excitement for tomorrow night 😂

• Like 1

i guess it's enjoyable when we're watching the team/club progress, 22/23 we slid the slippery pole and some were predicting a far worse fate than what we got, from the early signings of Enzo, Winks and Coady, things just got better.

I have genuinely enjoyed going to some of these away grounds again. When we were in the Premier League some of the first ones I'd look out for were the teams coming up from the Championship, so it's nice to have had some genuine variety. This is a particularly great Championship for that as the clubs are dotted in all corners of the country. The Premier League by its nature lacks this variety - 7 London teams and 4 in Manchester/Liverpool - that's nearly two thirds of your away games in the same three cities. Having gotten a bit older and made more of a day of going to a lot of these places again it's been genuinely a bit more of an adventure.

Winning games is an obvious one but I'm not going to pretend that there's felt much reward in it for the most part, and that might be arrogance, but I can't help that.

No VAR is a big one. It's been probably the worst ever this season as well in the Premier League, which has been funny to watch as an outsider seeing further vindication of my stance against it. Hopefully the pushback gets more and more to the point they actually realise the self-harm they're doing.

I've actually enjoyed the Coventry beef more than I have Forest. I dislike Coventry immensely and that has grown a lot over this season, but I tell you what, I'll give them this, they're a lot more pure about it. Forest and their Derby love in is so dreary, so boring. Do it properly.

In total contrast to what I've thought not all that long ago, I do think this team for the most part does actually care. They have had some shockers particularly in the last two months, but I do root for them more than I did the last couple of seasons.

I've not lost sight of how badly I think the club is run, but I do think there has been a lot more realisation of this from our fans now and the recent flurry of Foxes Trust sign ups are a really positive sign. I think we as a fanbase have as a collective been quite well managed to be a bit soft and obedient - but there are signs that there is still something about us.

Feel like the support for UFS is at an all-time high as well - was also the case last season but I think it's only grown. I think genuine struggle on the pitch has actually seen a lot more resonate with us due to the general lack of accountability within the club and the fact UFS have taken a pretty public stance doing this.

Enjoyed having a manager who conveys genuine passion. I still have reservations about him and I'd be lying if I said I was hugely confident in him, but it's been refreshing in that sense - we've not had that in a long time on the touchline.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

Regardless of whether or not VAR is a good or bad thing, it is so much better watching the games without it. 

When we score, we can actually celebrate, rather than thinking, “yes, we might have a goal, let’s just wait a couple of minutes and find out”.

I’ve also enjoyed how the Championship refs let more go, so we’ve enjoyed some decent, meaty tackles.

• Like 2

Enjoying it now we have arrived at our preferred destination although still want title confirmed as icing on the cake. Still rather surprised that QPR  demolished Leeds on Friday so we can relax a bit. Fully expected a nervy last two matches. 

Going to matches knowing we have a more than even chance of winning and then doing so on many occasions, ruins my weekend when we lose

Being able to celebrate a goal and know it won't be ruled out by someone who can't draw a line straight using a computer

Watching Enzo prove people wrong over and over again

Drunk Matt Elliott, incredibly badly dressed Iwan Thomas and a generally horrendous production by Foxes hub. Other than that, nothing. it's half rate football played by weak and inept chuggers. Looking forward to next season and watching real athletes again.