Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Clive Langley

Furthest travelled for a game

Many many times over text last 32 years and almost every week I have travelled from many parts around the globe to get to an LCFC game. Everywhere from Sydney to Santiago, New York to Nashville and Miami to The Maldives.

But then I do work in aviation.

It's got to the point now that I arrange, swap and change my whole working roster and pattern around our games in order to attend, many times landing into LHR on the day of the game.

I'll sleep when it finally kills me!

• Like 2

Guest leatherhead32

got to leicester station twice in 1979 to find out the games at notts co n sheff utd had been called off , 6 mile round trip and never really got over it lol :frusty: drama queen 

17 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Travelled to Grimsby once only to find out when we got there that the game was called off. Didn't really want to hang about in Grimsby so came straight home.

Sounds fishy 😀

Not me, but the person who took my ticket!

I missed THAT 5-3 game because I was attending a relative's birthday in Blackpool, and we ended up giving away the ticket to an absolute madman who flew from Rio de Janeiro to attend. He agreed on the Thursday, flew on the Friday, saw one of the greatest LCFC matches ever, flew back on the Sunday and was back at work on the Monday. lol

He's since moved back to the UK and now has a season ticket with us, but it's an absolutely insane turn of events in hindsight - what a game to come to, as well.

Kilmarnock mid week for a friendly is my longest. 

Some legends in that squad

Nielson
Stearman
Chambers
NGotty
McAuley
Clemence
Newton
Kishishev
Hume
Campbell
Mattock

subs;

Douglas
Henderson
Wesolowski
De Vries
Odhiambo
Hellings
Sheehan

Brugge on the coach was so long. Never again, we set off about 4am arrived into Brugge about midday. Got back into Leicester at 6am the next morning. Totally shattered. Barely got any sleep going or coming back, constantly snoring on the coach. Wasn't comfortable experience. Frustrating part was whilst we probably we we're probably sleeping on the floor of the ferry home at 2am in the morning, the leicester players were probably already well flew home and in their own beds... lol

Edited by Leicesterpool

In the mid eighties my brother who is sadly no longer with us, drove down from Newcastle, picked me up from Braunstone, drove down to Watford then after the game dropped me off then drove back up to Newcastle on a  wet miserable Wednesday night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Many many times over text last 32 years and almost every week I have travelled from many parts around the globe to get to an LCFC game. Everywhere from Sydney to Santiago, New York to Nashville and Miami to The Maldives.

But then I do work in aviation.

It's got to the point now that I arrange, swap and change my whole working roster and pattern around our games in order to attend, many times landing into LHR on the day of the game.

I'll sleep when it finally kills me!

That level of support deserves special praise.

You or someone should let the Club know.

You deserve a plaque somewhere in the Club or ground.

If I were Top, I'd see you got a seat in a Directors Box. Or a free Season ticket for that level of Commitment.

I commend your loyalty Sir.

• Like 1

I jest ; don’t get to many aways nowadays but did Cardiff away at Ninian when Chopra scored a hat trick when he was unstoppable mid noughties.

not overly far as I’ve been Cardiff and back today for work.

non Leicester ; went nou camp in the hope of witnessing messi play. He got injured a couple weeks before so Fabregas played false nine against Alan Hutton’s Mallorca and he scored a hat trick. Alexis Sanchez with the other two