Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

What have you witnessed?.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

1994 Play-off winners.

1996 Play-off winners.

1997 League Cup winners. (I was at the draw at Wembley)

1999 League Cup runners-up.

2000 League Cup winners.

2002 Last ever game at Filbert Street.

2003 Automatic promotion.

2009 League One winners.

2014 Championship winners.

2016 Premier League winners.

2017 Champions League Quarter Finalists. (I was at the Sevilla game and it remains the best match I have ever been to)

2021 FA Cup winners.

2021 Community Shield winners.

2022 Europa Conference League Semi Finalists

2024 RECORD BREAKING Championship winners

I mean seriously. Imagine supporting anyone else. Ever.

Don’t forget Derby’s 11 pts record

• Haha 1

Things I've been in the stadium for

Steve Walsh Vs Derby '94 playoff final

Steve Claridge Vs Palace '96 playoff final

Heskey Vs Middlesbrough '97 league cup final

Claridge Vs Middlesbrough '97 league cup final replay 

Parker being sent off in the uefa cup

The loss to spurs in '99 league cup final

Elliott Vs Tranmere '00 league cup final

The "Stand up if you love Leicester" when relegation was confirmed 

The last ever game at Filbert street 

The first ever game at the Walkers stadium

Going back up 

Trevor Benjamin scoring from the spot to equaliser against Rotherham and coming straight back down again with Summerbee on a pay as you play contract

Watching for what seemed like decades of gross, thinking Kisnorbo was a decent player

Getting relegated at Stoke

The Monday night at Yeovil (that proved you were a proper fan and not a plastic 😉)

Huddersfield, Oldham, Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers, Northampton, Stockport, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Southend all away

Lincoln at home to go through on penalties in the JPT

Scunthorpe at home and the league 1 trophy

Making the playoffs in the 1st season back (kinda luckily missed the Kermorgant penalty)

Sousa, then Sven, then back to big Nige

Doncaster at home and the championship trophy

5-3 against United

It's 11 it's heaven for Jamie Vardy

Andrea Bocelli singing nesum dorma and the party to end all parties around the stadium and then into the city centre

Community shield

Champions League quarter final

Europa conference league semi

FA cup final

Community shield again

And I'll be there again Saturday for another championship trophy and another party 

And I think I won't be renewing my season ticket next season, I've had a decent 30 year run as a season ticket holder, so I'm going out in a high 😂

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

I’m 28, had a season ticket since 2005. First game was in 2003 vs Barcelona, although had attended family football prior to that. Seen us win league one, Championship x2, FA Cup and Premier League. Being at the fa cup final is my greatest Leicester city moment, despite seeing us lift the other trophies too.

I bought the joint Barcelona Leicester scarf that day. What a partnership we have :wub:

League cup and play off wins predate me. But the rest has been a real privilege. FA Cup final will always be the standout but rarely a boring season as many have said. There's always some brilliant games even in our "dullest" moments

3 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Premier League 

FA cup

League cup x2

championship x 3 

League one

champion’s league 

Europa league 

Europa conference 

2x play off wins

2x play off defeats

1x automatic promotion 

What a club 💙

Yep smashed all them, first game as a kid was Blackburn vs Leicester at Wembley. Going to say out of all them, the league one campaign and all those great away days, are right up there 

Two Cup Finals in 1961 and 1963. One lost because we played with a badly injured Len Chalmers against the best Spurs side in history and one lost to an underdog United team.

I think Vichai fundamentally changed the perception of City.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Fan since childhood in the late 70s, I'd include the Jock Wallace promotion, the FA cup quarter final with 3 x goalies, the mutiple play-off defeats, sometimes with narrow, undeserved decisons, the joyful Derby playoff victory with  Walsh dominating, the Palace playoff victory with a "dreamland" winner,  as well as Claridge's shin in overtime and Martin O'Neill jumping two feet off the ground, and the Boro cup win in the second leg.

Plenty exciting stuff before 30 years ago.

Yep, same here. As a kid, used to stand near the dugout listening to Jock Wallace shouting and swearing in his thick Scottish accent!

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32
12 hours ago, bovril said:

The same, although I can't really remember the first couple of playoff defeats.

Also - 5 relegations

all above, 8 relegations 8 promotions  rough with smooth is fun , relegation in 81 inc being at anfield for a 2.1 win first team to win at liverpool for 3 years what a day :)

Guest leatherhead32
Just now, leatherhead32 said:

all above, 8 relegations 8 promotions  rough with smooth is fun , relegation in 81 inc being at anfield for a 2.1 win first team to win at liverpool for 3 years what a day :)

sorry bovril meant to go in add to topic.

Guest leatherhead32
13 hours ago, bovril said:

The same, although I can't really remember the first couple of playoff defeats.

Also - 5 relegations

sorry bovril meant to go in add to topic.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Steve Walsh returning from injury to win us promotion against our local rivals. An Australian giant distracting the Palace defence. Coca Cola and Worthington. On the pitch with Big Nige. Andrea Bocelli. A Tielemans arrow. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the Preston rain.

Born in 95

Only went Filbo a handful of times from what I can remember 

Grandparents got me my first ST and started taking me about 04/05, been going since.

From Championship mediocrity to Premier league winners, to Champions League away days in Seville and Brugge and Copenhagen, being at Wembley for the FA Cup final and then back to the championship.

Dont care what anyone says, not one club, not even Man City because it's just expected at this point, can say they've had a more enjoyable last 10-15 years as fan.

16 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Steve Walsh returning from injury to win us promotion against our local rivals. An Australian giant distracting the Palace defence. Coca Cola and Worthington. On the pitch with Big Nige. Andrea Bocelli. A Tielemans arrow. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the Preston rain.

Beats the attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, two League Cups, Champions League QF, Europa Conference QF, nine trips to Wembley, six promotions, and the silhouette of a bloke having a piss in his bathroom in Burnmoor Street when the Filbert Street lights failed during a night match against Portsmouth. 

Edited by Bum Scissors