Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Skidmark

What Will You Miss From The Championship?

I’ll miss the other teams. Remember missing playing the big teams during our long exile. Now have no desire to watch us against City & Arsenal

Really appreciate the fans and clubs we have played against this year. Feels far more like football I fell in love with. Where clubs exist for themselves and their fan bases. 

I’ve really enjoyed being in the championship bubble, talking with mates of other EFL teams. None of the wider media scrutiny and nonsense. Even Sky pundits are far more level headed and normal. Give me Jobi McAnuff over the rubbish we’ll have to endure next year

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

I’ll miss the other teams. Remember missing playing the big teams during our long exile. Now have no desire to watch us against City & Arsenal

Really appreciate the fans and clubs we have played against this year. Feels far more like football I fell in love with. Where clubs exist for themselves and their fan bases. 

I’ve really enjoyed being in the championship bubble, talking with mates of other EFL teams. None of the wider media scrutiny and nonsense. Even Sky pundits are far more level headed and normal. Give me Jobi McAnuff over the rubbish we’ll have to endure next year

Less transfer rumours as well, but mostly the fans, in prem people just regurgitate what they heard on talksport championship fans seem to have more of thier own views.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

👀

Hahaha - not American fans! 

More along the lines of 'Leicesters Citys is was farmers team; eagle flies and deposits around your wellbeing. Manchester City is are was forever championship divinity'.

You know exactly the drivel that the PL drags in.

Guest Col city fan

No VAR…Not being able to celebrate a goal until checks have been made that go back ten minutes in play

That’s been so much better this season, whether decisions have been right or wrong 

Will miss:

No VAR

Jobi McAnuff and David Prutton

Proper football clubs to play against with proper fans

Watching the pre-match knowing we will get some decent coverage not the token "oh yeah and Leicester are playing" in the PL

The steady flow of games every week

Won't miss:

Jermaine Beckford/Don Goodman/Andy Hinchcliffe - absolute drivel from the lot and the last 2 seem particularly anti-Leicester

That female duo that covered the Millwall away game on commentary - a new low I think

Second Tier podcast - christ !

Sam Barrott (referee) - vs Ipswich Town (a) and Hull City (a) - if ever you wanted evidence to support your conspiracy theory here he is....

Posted (edited)

I’ll miss a lot. If the financial gap wasn’t a huge as it is then I don’t think the draw of the Premier League would be as huge as it is for clubs and supporters , as the actual product itself is pretty shit.

VAR being a complete shambles and being the topic of most conversations ahead of the actual football.

Ref’s being more high profile than the players,

Stupid Kick Off times (say goodbye to 3pm kick offs again)

Corruption of the highest order, where clubs who have 115 charges over them can waltz to a fourth league title in a row and the media say nothing.

Going to soulless grounds where most fans are day trippers who have paid £700 a ticket to get a jacket potato, programme and handshake from a player who played for the club twice.

I am excited for our return to the Premier League I promise😂😂

Edited by Staffs Fox

The 'realness' of the Championship.

When we're on Sky and you wouldn't even know in the pre game coverage we were playing because it's all about one of the 'big 6' in the build up.

Likewise, we win a game at somewhere like Old Trafford and the coverage is all about how 'United' underperformed rather than us winning because of how well we played.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Being able to get tickets for me and my boy every week 

You will be fine. The 3 of us never had issues last season apart from the last game of the season (and we only had to go sit somewhere else). Just get on the site as soon as it opens up to members.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

You will be fine. The 3 of us never had issues last season apart from the last game of the season (and we only had to go sit somewhere else). Just get on the site as soon as it opens up to members.

Thanks mate 👍🏻