Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Marc Albrighton

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Is this expanded on in the podcast or? 

But how is a send off classed we related to FFP?

No not really he only speaks about it for around a minute. 

Just said how we are going through some financial situation and that the club told him they couldn’t actually do anything for him on the day. 

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

He talks about them not being able to afford a deal for him not a tifo.

“We can’t actually do anything for you for that day, there’s nothing we can do but the fans are going to be doing something for you” 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Yes fair point 

Just if we're going to have a few OAPs (in footballing ages, I'm older than them all) stinking the place out, then I'd rather it be someone who at least offers something for the team morale etc 

Roll back a month I'd never have said that, I've just completely given up on this window 

I don't think we have any OAP bad eggs.

I’m sure the club could have afforded something if they’d just reduced the number of buses at the parade. But on that weekend it should be that remembered that the players who’d won the title, weren’t the most important people in the club’s eyes.

6 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’m sure the club could have afforded something if they’d just reduced the number of buses at the parade. But on that weekend it should be that remembered that the players who’d won the title, weren’t the most important people in the club’s eyes.

If UFS can cover the kop for £1400~ then there is absolutely no reason why they cant. As said it was all wrong priorities on the day from KPFC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

If UFS can cover the kop for £1400~ then there is absolutely no reason why they cant. As said it was all wrong priorities on the day from KPFC.

Also how the ownership is portrayed by some, you’d think Aiyawatt would put his had in his pocket personally.

22 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He's on 5 Live Premier Sunday and he's being pretty candid about Maresca.

Paraphrasing.....

"Always distant from the players, him and his staff were always sat at different tables to eat, we'd always had coaches like Sadler and Shakey that were a link to the management, Maresca never had that. The talk with him was always football, never about family or other stuff."

" I knew when he went into Chelsea that Ben Chilwell would be moving on, he's not a Maresca type of player, he had the same issue with James Justin not being capable of that inverted role"

He's also said he's enjoyed no pre-season and hasn't made a decision about where he's going to next.

Absolutely praised BR for how good he was with issues no matter what they were. 

I mean i'd like to read the whole article. 

I get the point he's making though, Belvoir drive was ruggid, it was also the scene of many of that core groups success, they had to work hard for it in what was essentially a local sports club that had been tarted up occassionally. It was also in a very residential busy area.

Move out to the countryside, golf course, all the facilities he mentions, the chance to live up the road in Nottingham or north Leics countryside, access to a more interesting city with more going on.... whilst it's still down to managers to keep players feet on the ground, I can completely understand how they got comfortable there.

Ultimately, we're a comfy club, there's staff who have been here too long, players etc etc, this all fits as part of that. Nice Thai hospitality, everything shiny and new with barely any threat to your position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I get the point he's making though, Belvoir drive was ruggid, it was also the scene of many of that core groups success, they had to work hard for it in what was essentially a local sports club that had been tarted up occassionally. It was also in a very residential busy area.

Move out to the countryside, golf course, all the facilities he mentions, the chance to live up the road in Nottingham or north Leics countryside, access to a more interesting city with more going on.... whilst it's still down to managers to keep players feet on the ground, I can completely understand how they got comfortable there.

Ultimately, we're a comfy club, there's staff who have been here too long, players etc etc, this all fits as part of that. Nice Thai hospitality, everything shiny and new with barely any threat to your position.

Can’t use seagrave as an excuse - plenty of clubs around the world have world class facilities - and are successful, it’s the culture I suspect within the training ground. 

Can’t imagine Real Madrid are slumming it in some crappy facility but they remain hugely successful. It’s short sighted 

22 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Can’t use seagrave as an excuse - plenty of clubs around the world have world class facilities - and are successful, it’s the culture I suspect within the training ground. 

Can’t imagine Real Madrid are slumming it in some crappy facility but they remain hugely successful. It’s short sighted 

I wasn't really, just saying it's typical of our culture as a club during the KP era that things got super comfy very quickly.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Believe it's from his appearance on the Fozcast. 

Agree with most of what you've said there. We've taken the springboard to be long term successful as a club, and turned it into a long-term spa retreat for shite upper management.

Albrighton on City’s relegation in 2023🎙️

‘We were going into games, fearing teams that we should never have been fearing. Going into games… not really knowing what we were doing.. and that’s not on Brendan Rodgers.. we were just lost’

Well personally I'd say that is 100% on Rodgers, i can however understand Marc not wanting to throw proverbial stones but come on, if thats not a coaches job first and foremost what is?

It was then exactly as it appeared, they couldn't play the way that stupid stubborn idiot wanted and frankly it was obvious to everyone except one man.

Edited by J. James
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely the facilities have been provided for them to succeed and be their best; the staff and players have turned it into a comfortable place to be. 

I don't buy that the place is too nice.

When not at seagrave he took himself to Hoar Cross Hall spa so this makes no sense…

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely the facilities have been provided for them to succeed and be their best; the staff and players have turned it into a comfortable place to be. 

I don't buy that the place is too nice.

That was an issue / excuse that was muted very early on - and I think the club addressed some aspects of that (like making the players return their food trays rather than being fully waited on).

The club also identified issue around player leadership - which was a primary factor in us signing Coady.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2024 at 19:32, Soar Fox said:

Tells you how bad the finances are when they weren’t allowed to do any send off for him. 

They asked him if he knew he was leaving and he said "yes and no".

I think reading between the lines the club were under a transfer embargo so couldn't afford to officially release him in case they weren't allowed to sign new players for the coming season in which case he would have got another years contract.

On 17/08/2024 at 12:20, UniFox21 said:

Honestly sounds like absolute bullshit. 

They just weren't organised, we saw the trophy presentation and the shit show that was. I refuse to believe they couldn't afford a few banners. 

More like there's fans who have dived into their pockets to give you something so what more do you want Marc? It's just who the club really are now.