Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Marc Albrighton

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Birmingham make an offer.

Not with his Villa connection, he's Villa through and through. Many interviews he's admitted on his days off from Leicester he goes to watch Villa with his dad. Goes Birmingham then he wouldn't be able to go to VP again. Think he'll go Burton, Mansfield or maybe even Derby. Somewhere local for certain.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Why would a team be offering him a deal if they didn’t want him to play? What a stupid comment

Didn't said they wouldn't play him so perhaps read what I've said before calling me stupid, do you think Pearson signed Dean Hammond, Kevin Phillips and Gary Taylor Fletcher because he thought they'd play all the time? 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

On 24/06/2024 at 00:01, Leicesterpool said:

Not with his Villa connection, he's Villa through and through. Many interviews he's admitted on his days off from Leicester he goes to watch Villa with his dad. Goes Birmingham then he wouldn't be able to go to VP again. Think he'll go Burton, Mansfield or maybe even Derby. Somewhere local for certain.

Players have gone to rival clubs yet are still welcomed back. Mansfield or Burton wouldn't be able to afford him.

• Like 1

He was on Talksport earlier (Hawksbee & Jacobs). As always, came across very well.

Spoke about last season, how amazing Kanté was & still is. Probably on for nearly half an hour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Players have gone to rival clubs yet are still welcomed back. Mansfield or Burton wouldn't be able to afford him.

It didn't stop me being violently sick when i seen Andy King in a Derby shirt

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not when their a fan of the club. plus the Villa and Birmingham rivalry is a lot more hostile to many. 

Always a bit of a surprise that some players never find a club again. Danny Simpson a good example.

Ended up with a couple of short term contracts with someone like Huddersfield and in the end, couldn't even get a gig when Training with Stalybridge Celtic 

Maybe it's a family/kids situation.for players in their 30s, but I'm surprised these type of players don't aim for 2k-5k a week deal playing in Austria or Holland or Poland etc 

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2024 at 11:10, goose2010 said:

He has had 9 contract offers from championship clubs and 1 premier league club. 

On holiday at the minute but will make a call then. 

I work in Tamworth and know a few that know him and his family. 

Will 100% be relatively local to the Midlands. 

Strange he's not taken up one of these offers yet. 

Championship has already kicked off. Maybe he's waiting for the Premier league to start and signing for this mystery Premier league club. 🤔 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Championship has already kicked off. Maybe he's waiting for the Premier league to start and signing for this mystery Premier league club. 🤔 

Which is hopefully us. Not saying he improves us, but I'd rather have him as a squad option to BDR and Ayew if he ends up here. 

Are least we know Albrightons decent to have about the club. We resigned Mendy after releasing him so I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer him another year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Which is hopefully us. Not saying he improves us, but I'd rather have him as a squad option to BDR and Ayew if he ends up here. 

Are least we know Albrightons decent to have about the club. We resigned Mendy after releasing him so I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer him another year 

That would be stupid even for us. He's not even Championship standard anymore. He would add absolutely nothing. As much as I like him as a Leicester Legend his time with us is done. 

Edited by themightyfin

32 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Surely you more than most should know i was only passing on what I was told. 

You seriously are a strange one aren't you. Why go back to a post 3 months old ? You have a reminder in your calendar or something ?! 

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

That would be stupid even for us. He's not even Championship standard anymore. He would add absolutely nothing. As much as I like him as a Leicester Legend his time with us is done. 

I'm saying in comparison to players we are apparently able to attract BDR and Ayew I'd rather have given sharky a wage for another year.. not that I'd have him on my list of players.. but he's better than them two that's all. I certainly wouldn't be surpassing a year either 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I'm saying in comparison to players we are apparently able to attract BDR and Ayew I'd rather have given sharky a wage for another year.. not that I'd have him on my list of players.. but he's better than them two that's all. I certainly wouldn't be surpassing a year either 

He’s definitely not better than those two. They are Premier League quality players. Albrighton couldn’t play a game for us in the Championship or West Brom the season before. 

7 minutes ago, Simonb said:

They both played a decent amount of minutes in the PL last season, something Marc has managed in the last few seasons.

He's struggled to hold a place down in the Championship for WBA on loan and for us.

13 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

They both played a decent amount of minutes in the PL last season, something Marc has managed in the last few seasons.

He's struggled to hold a place down in the Championship for WBA on loan and for us.

Yes fair point 

Just if we're going to have a few OAPs (in footballing ages, I'm older than them all) stinking the place out, then I'd rather it be someone who at least offers something for the team morale etc 

Roll back a month I'd never have said that, I've just completely given up on this window