Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pkonline

Fantastic Foxes - a new play about LCFC

• 2 months later...

Went on the first night. In all honesty quite disappointing imo in spite of best efforts of the performers. Was a potted history but some scenes v questionable and laboured.

Bumped into Riaz khan and his show a few years ago was more engaging.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RGFox said:

Went on the first night. In all honesty quite disappointing imo in spite of best efforts of the performers. Was a potted history but some scenes v questionable and laboured.

Also went on opening night. A couple of guys sat next to me left at the interval and didn't return.

Went on opening night, and sat towards the back and really struggled to hear what the "actors" were saying. Ready to leave at the interval but my other half asked one of the ushers if we could move nearer the front which we did. Slightly better hearing what was said.

I enjoyed the second half performance better but wouldn't rush to recommend it.

On 31/07/2024 at 09:40, Glenny24 said:

Went on opening night, and sat towards the back and really struggled to hear what the "actors" were saying. Ready to leave at the interval but my other half asked one of the ushers if we could move nearer the front which we did. Slightly better hearing what was said.

I enjoyed the second half performance better but wouldn't rush to recommend it.

Well you are a grumpy git.

every review ive read has given it huge credit.

Attended Thursday night, and not one person sitting by the end and they got a standing ovation. 

For local community members it was amazing.

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

I went on Thursday as well.

I didn’t know quite what to expect but it was quite good.

A bit weird as I checked my phone at the interval to see Shakey had passed away.

It drifted away from the football side of things to cover some social issues but I quite enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

It wouldn't be a true Leicester City experience if they clapped the audience at the end and at least half of them weren't already gone would it? The leavers clearly wanted to give the authentic King Power feel. 

• Haha 4

On 03/08/2024 at 21:54, Livid said:

I went on Thursday as well.

I didn’t know quite what to expect but it was quite good.

A bit weird as I checked my phone at the interval to see Shakey had passed away.

It drifted away from the football side of things to cover some social issues but I quite enjoyed it. 

I actually quite liked the two short bits about social issues (racism and LGBT in relation to football). 

Less so the bits about actual football / everything else. 

I also think everyone was expecting at least something about the Champions League or FA Cup win, rather than ending the show abruptly post 15/16.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brucey said:

I actually quite liked the two short bits about social issues (racism and LGBT in relation to football). 

Less so the bits about actual football / everything else. 

I also think everyone was expecting at least something about the Champions League or FA Cup win, rather than ending the show abruptly post 15/16.

If you read the synopsis they would have seen it was about the journey from when they first started the club to when we won The league.

So really not sure why you would think "everyone was expecting at least something about the Champions League or FA Cup win, rather than ending the show abruptly post 15/16"

Absolutely clueless....

• Haha 1

On 30/07/2024 at 23:42, RGFox said:

Would agree with this. Felt a bit amateurish like a school play. But won't knock a community project and the Curve for giving a platform.

I also went to the see Memoirs of an Asian Football Casual a few years ago about Riaz Khan and the baby squad. And found that much more captivating. There were only 2 actors in that show but were absolutely fantastic and really engaging

• Like 2

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If you read the synopsis they would have seen it was about the journey from when they first started the club to when we won The league.

So really not sure why you would think "everyone was expecting at least something about the Champions League or FA Cup win, rather than ending the show abruptly post 15/16"

Absolutely clueless....

Welcome to the producer of the show, nice to have you here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Well leaving early is a long running theme at Leicester 😂

Could've been at the end like our usual dig at the opposing goalie kicks!

Oiiiiiii tw@t....!

• Haha 1