Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

15 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

why do we keep dealing with Italian clubs, every single time they try and pull a fast one, trying to get players for peanuts then when you try and buy off them they want the earth,

sod them

The danger for us is that VK's had a good and enjoyable season. He might have mentally checked out at Leicester and would (understandably) hope Bologna strike a deal - they did qualify for the CL afterall.

But I'd still rather we loan out surplus players and save wages/get a loan fee in the process. He and we will have done his transfer chances little harm.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2024 at 07:02, shen said:

The danger for us is that VK's had a good and enjoyable season. He might have mentally checked out at Leicester and would (understandably) hope Bologna strike a deal - they did qualify for the CL afterall.

But I'd still rather we loan out surplus players and save wages/get a loan fee in the process. He and we will have done his transfer chances little harm.

dont get me wrong, he might have but with Bologna now getting a new manager and potentially losing a few star players too will it all be a bed of roses there

and the new manager here might like him etc, 

I still standby we shouldnt sell to italian clubs atm, try and fleece you,

On 12/06/2024 at 08:27, Tommy Fresh said:

He's not been as good but calling him awful is an exaggeration 

Very true. In Enzo's system the full backs either play as a CM or a CB. He gave it a good crack at CB and in the end displaced Doyle for that role. But in reality he's a FB, and he's fine if used in that role.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that if it is Potter who comes in then we might see VK on the pitch next season. He likes he’s FBs to go on the outside and we know that JJ is terrible at that (he relentlessly cuts in)

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

JJ isn’t, he often gets played on the left side, and he is right footed. On the right, JJ in my opinion is quality. We just need to see if he can still play that role following his injury, which I think he can. I think our fullbacks will end up being VK and JJ, and Ricardo will more than likely be bit part, potentially used as a midfielder. 

Justin has always performed better as a left back than a right back. His best position is right centre back which is why I think some people are confused in saying that he plays better on the right. 

Also no chance that we drop Ricardo into being a bit part player next season, he was arguably our best player last year and we were terrible when he was injured.

18 minutes ago, LVFox said:

We need to go to a 3-4-3 system. Suits our current squad and Ricardo moving to RW and Justin moving to RCB protects both careers.

Why would you put Justin as a centre back he’s a terrible defender 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Justin has always performed better as a left back than a right back. His best position is right centre back which is why I think some people are confused in saying that he plays better on the right. 

Also no chance that we drop Ricardo into being a bit part player next season, he was arguably our best player last year and we were terrible when he was injured.

Ricardo might not be able to play in that position again at the pace of the PL….. if he can, then he is a shoe in to start.

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

We need to go to a 3-4-3 system. Suits our current squad and Ricardo moving to RW and Justin moving to RCB protects both careers.

Ina 3-4-3 we’d have plenty of cover on the flanks so there’d be no need to pick Justin as a CB. Better to use the CBs who are used to playing CB

Put it this way, 2 of our defenders just held the La Liga player of the season, Premier League Player of the season, Bundesliga golden boot winner, and a host of other top drawer players to a single goal.

The future's bright.

As long as they all continue to play like Southgate is their gaffer.

• Haha 2