Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Put it this way, 2 of our defenders just held the La Liga player of the season, Premier League Player of the season, Bundesliga golden boot winner, and a host of other top drawer players to a single goal.

The future's bright.

As long as they all continue to play like Southgate is their gaffer.

One also just got completely skinned and got hooked lol 

5 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

I still think he would make a better left side cb, too slow to be a full back/ wing back. Maybe Enzo was right all the time🙂

Enzo was right. But Kristiansen didn’t want to play that role, even though it was probably best for him and the team.

He’s not the amazing wing back he thinks he is, unfortunately 

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Enzo was right. But Kristiansen didn’t want to play that role, even though it was probably best for him and the team.

He’s not the amazing wing back he thinks he is, unfortunately 

That's quite clear in his goals and assists, quite a poor return so far. I'd rather he was used as an LCB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

That's quite clear in his goals and assists, quite a poor return so far. I'd rather he was used as an LCB.

I genuinely can’t remember what VK was like as a ‘normal’ Left Back, as part of a back 4. Was he any good!

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

I genuinely can’t remember what VK was like as a ‘normal’ Left Back, as part of a back 4. Was he any good!

There were moments, but he strikes me as a more traditional full back of the Fuchs and Simpson era rather than a very dynamic attacker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Of the two left books on the books I’d be keeping Kristienson and looking to move Thomas on.

Obviously - for PSR reasons mainly

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

didn’t he get the assist for Denmark today? From which position?

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I thought he was a left back that wants to be a left winger, just constantly bombs forward but not that great defensively, at least that's what I remembered 

he wants  to be a LWB.  Not a converted Mid.

Edited by MPH

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Was shite last night but still think hes a decent player who Cooper will use 

He made one fatal mistake, other than that Saka barely got into the game. He played alright.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He made one fatal mistake, other than that Saka barely got into the game. He played alright.

He made another nearly letting in Saka early second half. A bit naïve at times and was correctly subbed.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Typical FoxesTalk knee jerk experts. He did ok against an outstanding Saka with one mistake, has had a good season in Italy it wouldn’t be surprising if he’s in our squad or moved on as an asset but Luke Thomas is no where near his level. 

• Like 1

In our financial situation (and lack of left footed defenders) realistically we have little room for manoeuvre in terms of transfers, so unless someone steps up with decent money we have to try and reintegrate the lad into the first XI.

Thought he was little more than average last night. Two lapses of concentration led to England's goal and nearly another for Saka. Other than that, defensively I thought he contained Saka well. However, I thought he offered little going forward and his delivery into the box, for me, was substandard.

• Like 1

I don't think he was as bad as people are making out. He often found himself being doubled up on by Saka and Walker and yes he did struggle but there aren't many LBs in the world that wouldn't. He gave a decent account of himself other than the goal. 

I did say after their first game and @Ric Flair just repetead it. He does strike me as more of a LB than a LWB and I think that having him and JJ as more defensive options on each side whilst Ricardo and a new signing offers wore attacking threats would be a goid balance. 

• Like 1