Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Poor last night but I thought he was very good against Slovenia.

We need to keep him because he's a left footed left back. 

Perfectly good squad option, but I think we need another out and out solid traditional left back.

Sell/let go of Luke Thomas.

Riccy and Justin cover the Right Back slot.

A Another and Kristiansen Left Back.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Perfectly good squad option, but I think we need another out and out solid traditional left back.

Sell/let go of Luke Thomas.

Riccy and Justin cover the Right Back slot.

A Another and Kristiansen Left Back.

I don't disagree but we're not going to be spending the 10-15m that we'd need to spend to improve on Kristiansen.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't disagree but we're not going to be spending the 10-15m that we'd need to spend to improve on Kristiansen.

I agree. I don't think we need to be spending that much. I think we should play the market much, much better.

What about those players, soon to be free agent?

10 minute work on line..... what about Juan Miranda from Betis, for example?

Aren't Bologna after Gosens? Is it a ploy to get us to sell cheap or they're no longer interested?

I say keep him. I don't think he's having an awful tournament, and if we don't have plans for him that we'll be able to get a reasonable price for him. Otherwise keep him, we're hardly going to get better within the market and our budget probably focussed elsewhere

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We seemingly aren’t going to get anywhere near enough of an offer to make any profit on him anyway so no point selling him

Still only 21 and he was very good last season for Bologna

Sell Thomas and bring in someone a bit more experienced (more Fuchs than Bertrand though)

Nobody on gods green flat earth will buy Thomas imo. 

one bad game doesn’t suddenly mean he’s a bad player.  Has anyone here actually played football before? you have bad days and good days and only the very special few are consistently good.

Cant be judged on a poor game in such a high pressure situation. Just a bad day at the office for him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

one bad game doesn’t suddenly mean he’s a bad player.  Has anyone here actually played football before? you have bad days and good days and only the very special few are consistently good.

Cant be judged on a poor game in such a high pressure situation. Just a bad day at the office for him. 

He had a few bad days at the office when playing for us too. When can we start judging him on them?

Did he have a bad game or a bad moment?

His player rating is just about on par with the entire England team & most of his team mates in a game marking a grand total of 620mins played as a full International.

Yes a lapse to not have that full 360 degree spatial awareness & just focus on Saka but 1 could argue he should have got a shout also :dunno:

He was credited with the assist for his teams goal & then wasn't on the pitch when England had a few more opportunities

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He was a 20 year old lad thrown into a relegation fodder team with a self sabotaging manager. 

If you write him off after that, then you are an absolute tool. If he’d been someone fresh from our academy you’d be building the damn team around him.

He’s clearly shown this year that he has something about him and that if given a proper chance with a good manager he will develop into a very strong player for us. 

As for a marker, Joakim Maehle is the type of player we’d try to sign. Yet he’s currently being kept out of the danish side by our player,  that is 6 years younger… yet your average foxestalk member is writing him off because they’ve seen 6 games of the lad 

Couldn’t agree with this any more. The wide berths our academy products get sometimes is astounding. 

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He was a 20 year old lad thrown into a relegation fodder team with a self sabotaging manager. 

If you write him off after that, then you are an absolute tool. If he’d been someone fresh from our academy you’d be building the damn team around him.

He’s clearly shown this year that he has something about him and that if given a proper chance with a good manager he will develop into a very strong player for us. 

As for a marker, Joakim Maehle is the type of player we’d try to sign. Yet he’s currently being kept out of the danish side by our player,  that is 6 years younger… yet your average foxestalk member is writing him off because they’ve seen 6 games of the lad 

I'm not a tool and I'm not writing him off. We will be left with him I'm sure, so have to give him a chance. If we could have got our money back on him though, then yes I'd have taken it. Bologna obviously aren't going to do that though. 

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 couldn’t agree more, hopefully clean slate for him, Souttar etc and let’s see how the new manager wants to utilise the squad, I have no doubt some out of favour players will come back into the reckoning whilst there may be some of last seasons main starters who find themselves on the periphery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viva said:

He had a few bad days at the office when playing for us too. When can we start judging him on them?

He had some good ones too. He'd only just turned 20 when he joined us. Youth will make mistakes. 

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He had some good ones too. He'd only just turned 20 when he joined us. Youth will make mistakes. 

Not every 20 year old comes good though. See Luke Thomas for an example. Time will tell and we probably haven't had a decent offer to make a decision on it anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Viva said:

Not every 20 year old comes good though. See Luke Thomas for an example. Time will tell and we probably haven't had a decent offer to make a decision on it anyway. 

They certainly don't come good if you castigate them after mistakes. VK had an ok game against us apart from when he got caught napping. But england got caught napping too. Mistakes happen - its how you deal with and develop from them tha matters.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They certainly don't come good if you castigate them after mistakes. VK had an ok game against us apart from when he got caught napping. But england got caught napping too. Mistakes happen - its how you deal with and develop from them tha matters.

I don't think he'll be looking on Foxestalk. Any player would be mad to look on here. I've not castigated him anyway. I just pointed out that he has made his fair share of mistakes in his time here, which is why he found himself out of the team. Yes he was young and you can give him excuses. We'll see what he can do this season.

If I’m not mistaken, their option to buy him for the set price has expired, so even if they offered the agreed price, we don’t have to accept it…  if he has a good Euros, we either will get more or we will be getting a player back who is on the up..