Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He's just had a really positive season for a side who qualified for the Champions League?

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in him based on the Italian league. It's a completely different animal to the high temo of the premiership.

He was badly exposed in the England game and didn't seem to offer much going forward either.

I'd really prefer us to get our money back on him and get someone else who also wants to be here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fair enough, so your argument is built on discounting his time at clubs he's been demonstrably good at. Fair enough!

Not really, I'm basing it on what I've seen of him here. The premierleague is unforgiving compared to other leagues.

Do I think he's better than JJ , certainly not, So why keep him.

We'll just have to hope that Cooper can get more from him than we've seen so far if he stays.

He is still only 21 years old.

When he played for us, aged 19-20 and 1st season in the Premier League he was ok. Not great, but not as bad as some on here say he was.

As he has shown at other clubs, there is some talent there. 
With some more coaching and experience, I think he can become a mid-table standard Premier League left back.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I like Justin but Kristiansen is 5 years his junior and, in my opinion, just as competent at defending (if not, more so). 

He came in as a relatively inexperienced full back who started brilliantly and put his head above the parapet a lot more than many others at club could be bothered to during our slide towards the Championship, at a time when it sounded like a few of our players made him feel as unwelcome as possible. He threw in some shockers (I was at Elland Road) but also some blinders – I find it genuinely astonishing people are writing off a 21 year old based on what they saw of him in Brendan Rodgers and Dean Smith's 22/23 side. Especially given he's just gone off and had a great season in a very decent league, he's not coming back the same player, and he's not coming back into the same environment.

I think the people like myself that are questioning him aren't saying we just get rid of him for peanuts. If an offer came in where we get our money back, similar to the release clause that Bologna have declined to take up, then I would prefer to sell and try somebody else. We are a club that rarely sells any players, so sometimes I would be happy to sell a player if things haven't quite worked out to plan. If an offer doesn't come in, then obviously we need to keep and see how he does.

He will now know the place well and has a year's extra experience in a good league, so he needs to step up and show what he can do. He will have a tough fight on his hands to get a spot in the team though as JJ was bordering on England quality at LB before his injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in him based on the Italian league. It's a completely different animal to the high temo of the premiership.

He was badly exposed in the England game and didn't seem to offer much going forward either.

I'd really prefer us to get our money back on him and get someone else who also wants to be here.

What? He made their goal. 

And has been decent every season, excluding the half season at a dysfunctional club in an unsuccessful relegation fight. And has 11 appearances for the Danish national team at 21. 

I’m not sure you have much of a clue about the guy or his ability. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

And has been decent every season, excluding the half season at a dysfunctional club in an unsuccessful relegation fight. And has 11 appearances for the Danish national team at 21. 

I hate this “he made an assist argument” 

He played a pass I’d expect my 7 year old daughter to make 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I like Justin but Kristiansen is 5 years his junior and, in my opinion, just as competent at defending (if not, more so). 

He came in as a relatively inexperienced full back who started brilliantly and put his head above the parapet a lot more than many others at club could be bothered to during our slide towards the Championship, at a time when it sounded like a few of our players made him feel as unwelcome as possible. He threw in some shockers (I was at Elland Road) but also some blinders – I find it genuinely astonishing people are writing off a 21 year old based on what they saw of him in Brendan Rodgers and Dean Smith's 22/23 side. Especially given he's just gone off and had a great season in a very decent league, he's not coming back the same player, and he's not coming back into the same environment.

But Justin is not a left back! And just like Trippier in the Euros hampered us last season by coming inside on his right foot constantly. He is however a good right back and who knows how long Ricardo can stay fit?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

If KDH goes this lad will come back 

and it will be very interesting to see how he responds 

the kid is talented he was bullied was the big issue here 

Be hilarious watching him say hello to no mates Luke Thomas 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

But Justin is not a left back! And just like Trippier in the Euros hampered us last season by coming inside on his right foot constantly. He is however a good right back and who knows how long Ricardo can stay fit?

Justin has played his best for us at left back. He got into the England squad as a LB. 

• Like 1

More of a need to sell one of our central defenders to bring in one with pace or sell Daka and bring in another striker. 

Likely we need to sell KDH before we bring anyone in.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yes, he's young and has a little more experience. Though the Italian league has been poor for quite some time.

Granted the enviroment will have changed but many of the same players are still here and I'm sure he'd rather be somewhere else.

I'm also certain if they Club could get the money back on him they'll grab it though.

So lets wait and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, he's young and has a little more experience. Though the Italian league has been poor for quite some time.

Granted the enviroment will have changed but many of the same players are still here and I'm sure he'd rather be somewhere else.

I'm also certain if they Club could get the money back on him they'll grab it though.

So lets wait and see what happens.

It's not what it was in the 90s/early 00s but the Italian league is absolutely not "poor." 

2 hours ago, Stopharage said:

You very conviently forgot the fact that he gave away the Goal with a schoolby error against a premiership winger.

All I know about him is what I've seen and I don't like him. But I'm open to him winning me over.

When the going got tough in the relegation year he done a runner. Not the level of committment you want from any player.

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Wasn't up for the fight when it mattered. Sell

Let's be honest. Was anyone up for the fight when it mattered. I think he showed more desire than most.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Wasn't up for the fight when it mattered. Sell

Neither were Youri Barnes and Maddison to name three others of the whole team that were not up for a fight.

He was 19 first season in the prem and by all accounts being picked on by some.

It amazes me how our fans judge players under Rodgers management. Vesty proved so many wrong last season and probably will again this season.

End of last season Vardy was finished and should never have been given his extension. End of this season people saying he should be given a 10yr contract.

This whole place so over reacts about players it's beyond a joke.

• Like 1

Not fair to judge him or Thomas based on our last season in the premier league as both of them had to play behind Barnes who would get a nose bleed every time he came back in his own half so they were often left to deal with two players, I think both of them would be much better behind Mavididi who works so hard defensively.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You said he hasn't done well anywhere. That's incorrect.

Even taking his time at Leicester in to account is complex to judge but let's say he was extremely poor here, he got his move here based on a very good season at Copenhagen and in the Champions League and last season at Bologna he was excellent.

It's not out of the realms of possibility he can be a success here.

He was a decent player on a very solid side, I wouldn’t consider him one of the standouts on last year’s Bologna team but he’s still very young for a defender and will likely only get better. 

3 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Let’s be honest about that play, he really didn’t make the goal. And he made one of the worst blunders of the tournament, which led to an England goal. 

Otherwise I think he’s been fine in the Euros and I’m interested to see if he keeps his place in the lineup today.  This tournament is another great learning experience for the young defender.