Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

Posted (edited)

As I've said before, from what I've seen of him, he seems far more suited to the LB role than LWB and I think having a winger like Mav infront of him suits both players. 

I also think that signing someone like sessegnon who can offer back up to both those players AND offer a wingback option would be ideal. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

As I've said before, from what I've seen of him, he seems far more suited to the LB role than LWB and I think having a winger like Mav infront of him suits both players. 

I also think that signing someone like sessegnon who can offer back up to both those players AND offer a wingback option would be ideal. 

Sessengnon makes a lot of sense with his versatility and him holding the world record for hitting both posts and the crossbar.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Best LB we have and would cost in excess of 17-20m to replace him.

Keep, develop and sell to Chelsea in 12 months for 45bn

Fixed

Keep. He arrived as a relatively inexperienced player making a big step up into a team where literally nobody was playing well and in Barnes had a player in front of him who couldn't be much less interested in defending. If we were being linked with a 21-year-old left back who had just spent the season as first choice in a team who qualified for the Champions League, we would be buzzing. Our other left back options are Justin who is made of Quavers and Thomas who is miles off being a top flight athlete.

our full backs currently are Ricardo, Choudhury, Justin, VK and Thomas.

Unless we get someone in, we should keep VK.  Thomas does not seem good enough.  Ricardo may need to move to midfield permanently.   Choudhury is a good back up right back; I think he is a better rb than midfielder because his vision is more suited to the game being in front of him.  IMO, Justin is a top full back.  VK has the potential to be very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I thought Vik played well in the euros and was quite effective for Denmark on the left. Guess it comes down to how cooper wants to use him

He got dropped after the second match. 

• Haha 1

No reason to sell him, unless he really wants to go. I think cooper needs to sit him down and tell him where and how he's going to play. Almost resell the club to him. 

He was signed to be an attacking left back and get down to the opposite touch line. Had an inconsistent start to life in the pl. Then Maresca told him he was going to play center back. As long as Cooper wants fullbacks who can attack, then he has a role here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think we should definitely keep him. Well maybe anyway. Probably. If he wants to go he can go. Get rid at all costs. 

This lol

Not sure I've ever been on the fence as much with a player as I am with VK.

He's both impressed and concerned me in equal measure! Young players in a nutshell though I guess.

I'm reserving judgement on him because he joined the club whilst we were in freefall. I don't think it was his fault. Only time will tell if he can play at PL level. He deserves a chance after his spell at Bologna though

Posted (edited)

If we're sticking to a back 3 I'd be concerned for him as I don't think he's a wing-back at all. The Danish coach tried him there in the Euros and he was dropped by the 3rd group game. Bologna played a back 4 with traditional full-backs, and I believe that's where he's at his best.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

with Calafiori about to join Arsenal, wonder if Bologna will come back in for VK

theyll probably plead poverty and say theyve got no money etc

They’ve already snapped up Juan Miranda so I don’t think they’ll be shelling out for another LB

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1