Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

20 minutes ago, LVFox said:

You don't know that, he didn't want to be 3rd choice in the championship, which i don't blame him at all for. He made a good choice going to Bologna.

However, we aren't in a position to make losses on player sales and need to utilise the squad we have to limit the transfers we have to make.

Yes we do know that. He clearly stated  he didn’t want to play that system and wanted to just be a LB- it wasn’t just about  not wanting to be 3rd choice. But I do agree , Bologna was a great move for him..

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He cost us €14m / £12.3m in 22/23. Over 5 years that's just under £2.5m a season. We'll have booked x 2 £2.5m leaving around £7.5m left.

The €15m option they have is worth around £12.9m at today's rate. So anything over £7.5m means we're not worse off for PSR but it would be nice to get a few profits in before thr end of June to try and limit any breach.

Surely a fair argument to make that anything under 10m leaves us pretty breakeven once a replacement comes in.

Unless there's a serious issue between VK and Enzo, whether that be style or personality, I'd like to see him stay.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Surely a fair argument to make that anything under 10m leaves us pretty breakeven once a replacement comes in.

Unless there's a serious issue between VK and Enzo, whether that be style or personality, I'd like to see him stay.

I'd like him to stay too but he might be on big wages, wouldn't be the first time an unproven player was offered huge money.

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We need to sell. We don't use left backs. Seems a no brainer 

He can play as a LCB. Depends what our situation is. It may save us spending for a season at least. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He can play as a LCB. Depends what our situation is. It may save us spending for a season at least. 

He really doesn’t want to do it though, would rather get someone who does

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd like him to stay too but he might be on big wages, wouldn't be the first time an unproven player was offered huge money.

Reported 25k a week refreshing to see a relatively low one for a change 

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Rudders will be all over this. They will get him for free plus Danny Ward as part of the deal.

I’d consider that a win.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

He really doesn’t want to do it though, would rather get someone who does

Pointless trying to shoehorn in unsuitable players, if we want to back Enzo we need to back him with the rebuild with his vision

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He cost us €14m / £12.3m in 22/23. Over 5 years that's just under £2.5m a season. We'll have booked x 2 £2.5m leaving around £7.5m left.

The €15m option they have is worth around £12.9m at today's rate. So anything over £7.5m means we're not worse off for PSR but it would be nice to get a few profits in before thr end of June to try and limit any breach.

I'm curious if this works both ways? If we sell a player for 30m and he signs a 3 year deal, does that give us 10m extra a season for 3 years or is that an extra 30 million for that one season.

It's embarrassing that I had no idea this was all a thing, I thought it was every year don't spend more than you make.

So Kristiansen has had a good year in a team that looks likely to qualify for Champions League football.

Yet they want a discount on the price agreed when he was a player just relegated to the Championship (admittedly one of the more promising ones).

This is a price agreed upon knowing the length remaining on his contract at the end of the loan.

What about his season in Italy has led them to the conclusion that he is worth less now than he would have been had he not been part of a successful Serie A side?

It's easier said than done, but surely some other sides will be interested in him, including Premier League ones who want to play with a more conventional left-back. I don't necessarily want to sell to a PL rival but we can't keep letting these sides pull our pants down on deals. Bologna have seen Torino messing us about and think they can do the same. No more.

I like Kristiansen and his attitude while he was playing for us, but either Bologna pay the agreed price (or very close to it) or we sell to somebody else.

Or Viktor's in the U21s or training on his own. We'll see if he's willing to learn Enzo's system then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I kinda hope that Enzo would have a sit down with him before anything is done with Bologna to just show him after 1 full season of the system under him that whilst yes it isn’t like a traditional full back role, it isn’t like you are only playing as effectively a centre back which I do think will have been his main worry

I do think he would be very suitable for the role

Kristiansen’s heat map compared to JJ’s and especially Doyle’s isn’t really that different

Kristiansen

IMG_8716.jpeg

Doyle

IMG_8717.jpeg

JJ

IMG_8718.jpeg

I imagine the heat maps will look a lot different in the Prem where team's won't be set up on deck chairs on the edge of their box.

Must say though I was surprised at the similarity. Although when you see Faes playing their and bombing into the other teams box then that must be exciting for an attack minded player lol

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I imagine the heat maps will look a lot different in the Prem where team's won't be set up on deck chairs on the edge of their box.

Must say though I was surprised at the similarity. Although when you see Faes playing their and bombing into the other teams box then that must be exciting for an attack minded player lol

I actually think it would look even more similar to how his heat map looks for Bologna (a lot more presence in that actual deep left back area and inside left area of the box) as we will have to be sat in the actual back 4 a lot more as like you say I expect there will be a lot more defending for us to do

Edited by moore_94

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I kinda hope that Enzo would have a sit down with him before anything is done with Bologna to just show him after 1 full season of the system under him that whilst yes it isn’t like a traditional full back role, it isn’t like you are only playing as effectively a centre back which I do think will have been his main worry

I do think he would be very suitable for the role

Kristiansen’s heat map compared to JJ’s and especially Doyle’s isn’t really that different

Kristiansen

IMG_8716.jpeg

Doyle

IMG_8717.jpeg

JJ

IMG_8718.jpeg

You'd really hope so. You'd hope they'd sit him down, show him how the system plays, how in name he's a LCB, but with the freedom and ability to attack, advance play etc and do all the roles a traditional LB does. 

The signing of Mads may help if they get along well. A consideration could be the treatment of Vestergaard by Rodgers wouldn't exactly have helped him settle in. 

• Like 1

Keep IMO, one of the few that seemed to give a shit at the tail end of 22/23. We're going to need to sign somebody to play at the left of the defence anyway probably, may as well be him.

• Like 1