Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

3 hours ago, Motty said:

Why keep player who has no integrity or loyalty. This season has shown that you need to be invested.

BTW

We are premier league 

Why would he want to show any loyalty to the car crash of a manager and team he came to, loyalty has to be earned. I think in his position I'd have wanted away too. The attitude of a large number of those around him at that time stunk!

18 hours ago, LFox99 said:

What a load of dross

out of every player at the club, VK was the first one to come out and say he wants to stay and fight to get us back up. Ultimately it wasn't up to him whether to stay or not. 

Enzo wanted to keep him didn't he?

It was VK that said he didn't want to stay and play in the system

• Like 4

13 hours ago, honeybradger said:

If we could sell him and bring in Jacob Greaves for a similar price we would be silly not to.

Could we afford to?

He's a good player.   It didn't work out at Leicester.    He'll have a good career.   If he came back happily, he'd be good for us. But he won't.  

Selling him should raise a bit of what we need.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo wanted to keep him didn't he?

It was VK that said he didn't want to stay and play in the system

I honestly don't know

We do know that VK did want to stay initially, but I guess being a more traditional fullback and seeing Doyle come in on top of JJ while being required to play a role he's never played before but Doyle and JJ have, he probably saw his minutes at risk. At 19 with the Euros coming up I sort of understand the thought of wanting at least some guarantees. Enzo probably couldn't give him those because it would have taken VK a month or two to settle into the role and even then it wasn't a sure thing he would be a fit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I honestly don't know

We do know that VK did want to stay initially, but I guess being a more traditional fullback and seeing Doyle come in on top of JJ while being required to play a role he's never played before but Doyle and JJ have, he probably saw his minutes at risk. At 19 with the Euros coming up I sort of understand the thought of wanting at least some guarantees. Enzo probably couldn't give him those because it would have taken VK a month or two to settle into the role and even then it wasn't a sure thing he would be a fit. 

Viktor flat out didn’t want to play the new role. , a month or two wouldn’t have made a difference 

18 hours ago, honeybradger said:

If we could sell him and bring in Jacob Greaves for a similar price we would be silly not to.

Jacob Greaves or Lloyd Kelly for me in that spot. 

The former would cost more up front but Kelly (if we could get him) would cost more in the long term. 

• 3 weeks later...

I know he’s our player and we keep him until somebody stumps up the cash.

But not a chance in hell he wants to come back here, lives in a beautiful part of the world, plays regularly and now has Champions league football.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Need to hope now that Bologna don't pay the clause

Unusually I think they'll pay it.

He's young enough for them to sell on in a season or two, they've qualified for the CL & they'll also receive decent compensation from Juventus for Motta.

On top of that, Calafiori will probably also end up in Turin for €30m+, so they'll actually have the cash to get the deal done for Kristiansen.

On 05/05/2024 at 14:29, MPH said:

Viktor flat out didn’t want to play the new role. , a month or two wouldn’t have made a difference 

With good reason. He's now a solid bet for the first XI that starts in the Euros. He's played a blinder if you ask me.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know he’s our player and we keep him until somebody stumps up the cash.

But not a chance in hell he wants to come back here, lives in a beautiful part of the world, plays regularly and now has Champions league football.

He had Champions league at Copenhagen when he came to us. Premier league pull is massive. Bologna have just lost Thiago Motta and will be a nothing club again soon

1 hour ago, shen said:

With good reason. He's now a solid bet for the first XI that starts in the Euros. He's played a blinder if you ask me.

well, he knows his strengths and weaknesses.   New manager might be tempted to bring him back in if we can’t agree a fee..