Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

18 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I'm hoping Bologna don't wish to pay agreed fee and we keep him; I thought his abilities, energy were great - far better than others in our relegation season. He may have made some mistakes, but I don' t see a player not able to adapt (and improve)  to any manager. (and that would have included in Maresca in Championship).

It would be crazy to look for alternatives if we don't have to.

Very true. Fact is that Bologna can’t afford him. He’ should stay with us. Kristiansen, Ricardo, and JJ are good enough options at full back. Maybe add a fourth, someone on a free. That’s a department which shouldn’t need too much time spending on it. Other areas of the pitch are more critical 

• Like 1

At least this isn't a difficult one for us. In the past (Praet) or with Soumare now, it's been hard to haggle a good deal. Here we have a good player, who a team with money want, and a deal has been pre agreed. So they can agree to that deal or feck off. Even our owners will see this for what it is.

• Like 1

My guess is Bologna is going to wind up selling a couple of players and won't be as good next season. If you agree with that, then a return to the EPL for him may be somewhat enticing - granted with no European football.  I'd hold my ground in terms of a price. We could very well use him.

2 hours ago, oxford blue said:

I'm hoping Bologna don't wish to pay agreed fee and we keep him; I thought his abilities, energy were great - far better than others in our relegation season. He may have made some mistakes, but I don' t see a player not able to adapt (and improve)  to any manager. (and that would have included in Maresca in Championship).

It would be crazy to look for alternatives if we don't have to.

I hope they pay the fee and he goes. He didn't want to hang around last season and he didn't show a great deal in the relegation season. If Bologna don't want to pay the fee and nobody else comes in for him at that fee, then that tells us something. 

Would prefer to take the money and try somebody else, rather than hoping they come good like it seems we did with Soumare. 

43 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

With Maresca gone it’s easy to imagine a scenario where this guy is used again given most managers do not use inverted fullbacks. I don’t see Bologna buying him at the full price and I don’t think we have the cash to bring in another FB. The player might not want to return, but at the end of the day you’ve got to be professional and do your job. The season he’s just had suggests he’s good enough to play for a Premier League team as a starter. 

Exactly. He might not be getting Champions League football but it would be another chance to impress in the Premier League. If he does well, he may get himself a better move than to a Bologna side that, while it has done extremely well, doesn't want to pay the going rate for a top five Serie A full-back

2 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

My guess is Bologna is going to wind up selling a couple of players and won't be as good next season. If you agree with that, then a return to the EPL for him may be somewhat enticing - granted with no European football.  I'd hold my ground in terms of a price. We could very well use him.

Correct. Manager gone and Lewis Ferguson has got a lengthy injury. Kirkzee will probably go this summer too.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct. Manager gone and Lewis Ferguson has got a lengthy injury. Kirkzee will probably go this summer too.

Plus we have a new manager incoming who will likely use him properly. 

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He didn't exactly look brilliant when here, and it's clear he didn't want to be here. Just take the money and get rid of him.

I only want players who want to be here.

He didn’t want to play out of position in the 2nd tier. Got a decent loan for a team that finished in champions league spots so on the face of it he made the right choice.

Im hopeful new manager comes in and gives him a chance and too good to be written off 

• Like 3

The lad is 21 and has had a decent season in serie A getting himself an international call up. There was a hell of a lot far wore than him in our relegation season and not the reason for are relegation. Maresca did not fancy him and he did not want to play out of position. His loan has worked out for both sides if Bologna dont want or cannot pay the fee they can do one. If somebody else comes in all well and good but if the new manager fancies him why not. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

VK never seemed happy here so whilst I do think he is a decent player, I'm not sure we will get the best out of an unhappy player. If we can get the right fee, I think it is probably best to cash in.

Reasons why he wasn’t happy have left. 

I'm not sure i understand the negativity around him...

Young player, moved abroad to a much higher standard of league. I feel he done well for a game or two then there were reported issues with a particular group within the squad and his performances dropped in a team full of players who's performance at the time was gash. 

He then was asked to play a position he wasn't comfortable with under Maresca, declined and made the right call by going out on loan, doing well and increasing his stock again. 

The truth is, we don't know if he can be succesful here as we've never given him the circumstances to be succesful. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

VK never seemed happy here so whilst I do think he is a decent player, I'm not sure we will get the best out of an unhappy player. If we can get the right fee, I think it is probably best to cash in.

Rumours were that he clashed with players that have since all left. 

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Rumours were that he clashed with players that have since all left. 

Looking at the attitudes and performances of some of those who left I think I would have clashed with them as well. 

• Like 3

If the new manager wants to play with conventional fullbacks, it's a no brainer we keep him and start him. A main gripe of mine last season when we played JJ at LCB. We had no one running the outside channel past Mavadidi, causing two men to always be on him as he cut in and he couldn't do anything. When Doyle played there and got beyond, it gave Mavadidi much more space and he was far more effective. Kristiansen would be perfect for him. Good LB's are not common and he's good enough. 

There is very little point in selling Kristiansen, Souttar and Soumare, in our current PSR situation, as we're not going to get the amount of profit we need out of any deals. 

With this in mind, none of these three are actually that bad.

They can all do a job at Premier League level, in our Squad. 

We'll need these three this season. They nay not be 'starters', but injuries will dictate that we'll need them.