Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

I'm not sure i understand the negativity around him...

Young player, moved abroad to a much higher standard of league. I feel he done well for a game or two then there were reported issues with a particular group within the squad and his performances dropped in a team full of players who's performance at the time was gash. 

He then was asked to play a position he wasn't comfortable with under Maresca, declined and made the right call by going out on loan, doing well and increasing his stock again. 

The truth is, we don't know if he can be succesful here as we've never given him the circumstances to be succesful. 

The fact that he did well for a game or two only has to raise question marks. Also the fact that he clashed with players at the club. If he does stay I would obviously be prepared to give him a chance, but I certainly don't see the need to keep him if a decent offer comes in. He would come back with a higher risk than a new player I think. 

13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Wasn’t it more the case that certain players made him feel unwelcome because he’d (quite rightly) pushed Thomas out of the first eleven? 

I'd be surprised if it was as simple as that. There are two sides to every story.

1 minute ago, kiddo said:

Think he came in with certain standards and didn’t like the attitude of some players, and told them so. We could do with some of that next season.

Young lad coming to a much higher league trying to act like the manager? Not surprised he rubbed a few people up the wrong way!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Demanding a higher quality of performance from the players around him when they are contributing to the team slipping into relegation is hardly acting like the manager. It's showing character and a winning mentality. I'd much prefer that in my team than a group of players who are to busy planning their night out to the darts. 

You are just guessing the conversations that went on. If however it is like what you suggest, then it shows a very strong, confident character. Surprising then that after a couple of matches, he showed none of this confidence on the football pitch.

5 minutes ago, Viva said:

Whether he was right or not, you can't go off sulking if other players disagree with you.

He didn't sulk as far as we can tell, he left because we didn't play a role he thought was suited to him and yes  his performance dropped last season but so did everyone's. Are you questioning Vardy's character? 

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

here did you get that from? 

Oh calm down everyone! Like I said before, he is obviously a young lad with a very strong, confident character to move to a foreign league and supposedly try to change things like people on here seem to know all about. 

I therefore find it surprising that he played like a player with no confidence and lost his place in the team. If I want to call it sulking I will. I have no inside info like 99.9% of people on here.

10 minutes ago, Viva said:

Oh calm down everyone! Like I said before, he is obviously a young lad with a very strong, confident character to move to a foreign league and supposedly try to change things like people on here seem to know all about. 

I therefore find it surprising that he played like a player with no confidence and lost his place in the team. If I want to call it sulking I will. I have no inside info like 99.9% of people on here.

sorry chap but you can’t just invent stuff about a player and expect no come back about it…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Viva said:

To be fair, there were stories of some quite unsavoury behaviour towards him and i don't think its hard to imagine how difficult the transition would have been for someone who just turned 20. Mid season, in a team where the manager was actively seeking the sack. Also in a team were the majority seemed oblivious to the potential of relegation. Players like Madders and Barnes knew they would be able to move on somewhere. For Victor, this would have been his first chance.

I look at this as one of those 'what will be will be' situations. I liked him as a player and couldn't give a crap of those fans that were annoyed when he asked for a bit more support at the Fulham game - he was young and experienced & made a mistake, and you've got to give kids the chance to learn. There is a good player there and i would like to see us bring kids in and help them grow and get good fees for them later.  But if too much has happened then both parties need to work something out - i just don't trust the Italians to help in that regard!

I still think that cross to Castagne in the Wolves game pretty much kept us in the fight to stay up when our start like Madders were completely ineffectual. He had some good moments.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

Ricardo/Justin 

Kristiansen/Burrows(free) 

They would be great options next season at full back 

Too many options, Justin's best fullback position is LB so ideally he would play most of his minutes there instead of at RB where he's not particularly comfortable.

2 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Spoke to a Danish journalist the other day who was over for some Bologna games, he said he’s bulked up a lot and is a bit of a brick shithouse now.

I think the Danish term is stort brød. ( Big bread)

• Haha 2

On 27/05/2024 at 18:09, Finnegan said:

I mean, if we hire literally any, single manager that wants to play conventional full backs then he isn't going anywhere. 

He's literally the only left back we employ. 

we had an option for another year with Luke Thomas have we chosen to activate that?

56 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we had an option for another year with Luke Thomas have we chosen to activate that?

Bit different really though isn't it.

Luke Thomas is a bottom half Championship player desperately in need of a club to give his career some fresh impetus and confidence. We really aren't the home for him.

VK has just qualified for the Champions League.

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bit different really though isn't it.

Luke Thomas is a bottom half Championship player desperately in need of a club to give his career some fresh impetus and confidence. We really aren't the home for him.

VK has just qualified for the Champions League.

who knows what a new manager may think of players, Thomas has performed well for us in the prem before a new manager might fancy him at least as VK's back up

5 hours ago, Viva said:

Young lad coming to a much higher league trying to act like the manager? Not surprised he rubbed a few people up the wrong way!

To be fair, hes been instrumental for his club obtaining champions league football  next season and we almost through away nailed on promotion, so its clear to me  that he's backed up his talk with performances..