Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

To be fair, hes been instrumental for his club obtaining champions league football  next season and we almost through away nailed on promotion, so its clear to me  that he's backed up his talk with performances..

If he’s been that instrumental as you say for a team qualifying for the Champions League, then I’d be amazed if either Bologna or another Italian team don’t want to buy him for £12m. 

As it stands, he’s not done it in our shirt. If nobody wants to buy him this summer, then we’ll see what he can do for us next season. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Viva said:

If he’s been that instrumental as you say for a team qualifying for the Champions League, then I’d be amazed if either Bologna or another Italian team don’t want to buy him for £12m. 

As it stands, he’s not done it in our shirt. If nobody wants to buy him this summer, then we’ll see what he can do for us next season. 

for what it’s worth, I completely agree with you - if Bologna don’t get their act together, someone else’s will swoop in and get him for that price..

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Bologna has the fee set in the loan anyone else we would be charging more then that

It depends whether we want to keep him or not. If we want to sell, then you can only ask for a fee that others will pay. That may be more than £12m, but not necessarily. 
If we want to keep him, then obviously we can ask for a higher fee. 

2 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

if everyone was like the eye-ties football might not be so ****ed

you mean corrupt with third party ownership running rampant?

I think our problem is the TV money.... it ups the game tremendously.  We have our games broadcast to more than 100 countries. More than any other league in the world..

They clearly never had any intention of signing him for that fee. Their season went as well as they could ever have hoped and he played a decent part of that. If they don't want to pay that even now then they never where. 

Is there a time limit on their option? I don't want them to have him so I don't want them to trigger the fee in the case of him having a great Euros. 

• Like 1

Depending on the new manager, if we are going to at least bin the inverted full backs and play more conventional full backs (even if retaining the desire to play the way the club want to), it’s a no brainer to keep him.

A sale is not beneficial from a PSR point of view (in the same way Hermansen or KDH would). 

Some people have written him off based on his appearances for us which is extremely short sighted.

He played a handful of games and was quite literally the least of our problems. In addition there are the documented problems with a small group of players. If Thomas goes, I believe KDH and Choudhury are the likely ones that remain. If there’s no remaining issues here that would help.

And as for the ‘didn’t fancy the challenge after relegation’. Clearly not the case. There’s no evidence of him being a big time Charlie thinking he was above the level or anything. He didn’t feel the position was best for his development as a young player. Why would anyone use that against him?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Get shot he didn’t want to be here - was poor when we went down - attitude stunk, did not integrate well in the squad so move home on - we will get other offers !

I agree he wasn't great, but neither was 90% of the squad.

His attitude always seemed good to me though, no idea where you've got that from.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

When does Bologna's option to buy expire? If he smashes it at the Euros could they buy him and then resell to double their money?

14 hours ago, Scotch said:

They clearly never had any intention of signing him for that fee. Their season went as well as they could ever have hoped and he played a decent part of that. If they don't want to pay that even now then they never where. 

Is there a time limit on their option? I don't want them to have him so I don't want them to trigger the fee in the case of him having a great Euros. 

Would assume it's 30th June or whenever the loan expires. Generally how it works

Edited by dmayne7
  • Thanks 1

Get shot he didn’t want to be here - was poor when we went down - attitude stunk, did not integrate well in the squad so move home on - we will get other offers !

I don't think that's actually accurate. He said he wanted to stay when we got relegated - it was the club that decided to loan him out. I've also heard rumours that it was the players already at the club who blanked him as soon as he arrived because he was coming in to take Luke Thomas' position and LT is a popular member of the squad - which I can believe.

• Like 2

The integration point is fair but he had some very good games and some not great games, certainly not one of the worst performers.

As for the attitude, he was about one of the only ones who understood the situation and was actually up for the fight. He had just turned 20 years old making a massive step up the PL, joining our shambolic situation so I'm not sure you can expect much from a young defender in that situation. If we move away from inverted full backs, I hope he's brought back into the squad unless we can make a big profit (which wouldn't be in this year's accounts anyway)

• Like 3

Certain players at the club (one of which who's thrown his toys out the pram for not making the England squad) didn't like that he was taking one of their mates' spot, quite rightfully so as well having seen his ability this season compared to a certain LT who's been ridiculed by fans of his loan club's for the most part.

VK Absolutely deserves a fresh start here, cannot judge him on the dumpster fire that was our relegation season.

• Like 3