Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't think that's actually accurate. He said he wanted to stay when we got relegated - it was the club that decided to loan him out. I've also heard rumours that it was the players already at the club who blanked him as soon as he arrived because he was coming in to take Luke Thomas' position and LT is a popular member of the squad - which I can believe.

He wanted to stay up until he found out about how Enzo wanted the left back to play, then he wanted to go

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Certain players at the club (one of which who's thrown his toys out the pram for not making the England squad) didn't like that he was taking one of their mates' spot, quite rightfully so as well having seen his ability this season compared to a certain LT who's been ridiculed by fans of his loan club's for the most part.

VK Absolutely deserves a fresh start here, cannot judge him on the dumpster fire that was our relegation season.

Which England player is that? The only one I can think of has actually handled it pretty well and admitted their form wasn't good enough...?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Which England player is that? The only one I can think of has actually handled it pretty well and admitted their form wasn't good enough...?

'He was supposed to stay with England and potentially play against Iceland on Friday night but has gone home, seemingly removing England from his Instagram bio on the way.'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'He was supposed to stay with England and potentially play against Iceland on Friday night but has gone home, seemingly removing England from his Instagram bio on the way.'

I'd rather get on holiday with my family as well...rather than play in a warm-up game for a tournament I'm not even going to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

I'd rather get on holiday with my family as well...rather than play in a warm-up game for a tournament I'm not even going to.

And he's obviously allowed to do so, but doesn't help his future England chances.

Southgate doesn't like him, and I think he's a bad egg anyway personally, the correct decision in not taking him IMO.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

And he's obviously allowed to do so, but doesn't help his future England chances.

Southgate doesn't like him, and I think he's a bad egg anyway personally, the correct decision in not taking him IMO.

True.

...and to be fair, if the little rumours in here about him ostracising VK because he was a threat to his mates position are true...you would be right about him being a bad egg!

• Like 1

My main memory of him was having a complete nightmare against Jack Harrison which ultimately cost him his place in the starting line-up. He can’t just be given a pass in the relegation season because he was young and no worse than some others. We spent a lot of money on him to help us stay up and unfortunately he didn’t really make a difference. 

I imagine it’s likely he will be here next season unless he has a great Euro’s. Will see what he can do then. I’m just hoping he’s not another Soumare where we have to keep loaning him out. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Viva said:

My main memory of him was having a complete nightmare against Jack Harrison which ultimately cost him his place in the starting line-up. He can’t just be given a pass in the relegation season because he was young and no worse than some others. We spent a lot of money on him to help us stay up and unfortunately he didn’t really make a difference. 

I imagine it’s likely he will be here next season unless he has a great Euro’s. Will see what he can do then. I’m just hoping he’s not another Soumare where we have to keep loaning him out. 

It’s not about giving him a pass. It’s realising that the circumstances he walked into were dire so to expect him to have been world class and carry the team to safety on his own would be doing him a disservice.

He was ok in the handful of games he had. He might have had a poor game or two, he had a better game or two. Otherwise in the middle.

It’s basically saying those saying he is shit and not cut out for this level are a bit silly as we don’t know. If he is bad in the side this season let’s see then!

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’s not about giving him a pass. It’s realising that the circumstances he walked into were dire so to expect him to have been world class and carry the team to safety on his own would be doing him a disservice.

He was ok in the handful of games he had. He might have had a poor game or two, he had a better game or two. Otherwise in the middle.

It’s basically saying those saying he is shit and not cut out for this level are a bit silly as we don’t know. If he is bad in the side this season let’s see then!

I didn't expect him to be world class. I did however expect him to stay in the first team for the remainder of the season. Thomas had a very poor season, yet found himself back in the starting line-up.

I feel like we often give players too long before deciding they are not what we require. Then it's too late to sell them for a reasonable fee. Soumare, Praet and Daka are three examples of this. If he stays and doesn't perform this season, then he will follow a similar route. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

16 minutes ago, Viva said:

I didn't expect him to be world class. I did however expect him to stay in the first team for the remainder of the season. Thomas had a very poor season, yet found himself back in the starting line-up.

I feel like we often give players too long before deciding they are not what we require. Then it's too late to sell them for a reasonable fee. Soumare, Praet and Daka are three examples of this. If he stays and doesn't perform this season, then he will follow a similar route. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

You have to take into account the ineptness of the manager they were playing for ... whether he played them out of position/didn't pick them often enough/gave them poor instructions on their role/coached them badly etc etc.

The fact that Victor had a good season abroad shows that he must be better than many on here thought.

He's a young lad, made a big move to come to a wrecked team, was positive in his loan to a new club in another country where he performed well.  A year on from leaving us it's likely that he's matured a lot and has learnt much on the playing side.  As long as his playing style matches well with our new manager's wishes then I can see no argument about giving him a second chance with us.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Viva said:

You've touched on a very important reason as to why we shouldn't have to negotiate a lower deal for him with Bologna... if he has a great tournament, his price could rocket..

18 minutes ago, Viva said:

Why do you expect that? 

As others have already commented before on the situation -  young lad, new country, new culture, coming into a new team suffering at that precise moment a total shambles of a season.  Did you really expect anything different,? did you really expect him to hit the ground running and have an instant impact, and not require a bedding in period of some kind?

You also need to factor in that the odious, little hand clapping, backstabbing, leprechaun was also the 'manager', the same clown who's incompetent team selections including Ward, but also omitted Soyuncu ....so bringing Thomas back in doesn't really surprise me (well he was engineering his own sack for his bumper pay off)

Just now, MPH said:

You've touched on a very important reason as to why we shouldn't have to negotiate a lower deal for him with Bologna... if he has a great tournament, his price could rocket..

If he doesn't have a good tournament though, then his value won't be helped. I certainly wouldn't negotiate a lower fee with Bologna before their option on him ends. Let him be available on the open market and see if we get any offers. If not, then we have to decide whether we want to keep him and whether he wants to stay. If the answer to either of those is no, then try to negotiate with Bologna for a fee that all parties are happy with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Why do you expect that? 

As others have already commented before on the situation -  young lad, new country, new culture, coming into a new team suffering at that precise moment a total shambles of a season.  Did you really expect anything different,? did you really expect him to hit the ground running and have an instant impact, and not require a bedding in period of some kind?

You also need to factor in that the odious, little hand clapping, backstabbing, leprechaun was also the 'manager', the same clown who's incompetent team selections including Ward, but also omitted Soyuncu ....so bringing Thomas back in doesn't really surprise me (well he was engineering his own sack for his bumper pay off)

Yes I did expect him to play better than Thomas was doing that season. Just like if we had bought a replacement for Soumare, I wouldn't have expected to see him back in the team that season. 

Rodgers wasn't the only manager we had that season. Dean Smith didn't play him too often. 

I’d be prepared to give him another chance but he has to knuckle down and stop spouting stuff about his future.He is under contract if clubs don’t want to pay the fee then tough.

20 minutes ago, Posthorn54 said:

I’d be prepared to give him another chance but he has to knuckle down and stop spouting stuff about his future.He is under contract if clubs don’t want to pay the fee then tough.

You make it sound like we can afford to have deadwood lying about. We still have Ward, Iversen, Soumare, Souttar et al on decent wages weighing us down. 

It's in no interest to have him rot here if neither club nor player is happy.

1 hour ago, Viva said:

I remember him looking quality when we signed him, looked an absolute beast against Arsenal when he pocketed Saka all game. Then he got injured and when he returned looked crap for the rest of the season. Rushed back from injury perhaps..

29 minutes ago, Viva said:

Yes I did expect him to play better than Thomas was doing that season. Just like if we had bought a replacement for Soumare, I wouldn't have expected to see him back in the team that season. 

Rodgers wasn't the only manager we had that season. Dean Smith didn't play him too often. 

Bit of a victim of his price tag I'd argue, which definitely factored in potential as much as anything. We couldn't afford to splash that amount and not play him, regardless of whether or not he was ready at the time. I'd love to see him have another crack here after a really steady season in a good league.

28 minutes ago, shen said:

You make it sound like we can afford to have deadwood lying about. We still have Ward, Iversen, Soumare, Souttar et al on decent wages weighing us down. 

It's in no interest to have him rot here if neither club nor player is happy.

Totally agree....

But let's give him at least the start of Pre-season under a new manager, with whatever tactics, setup and playing style they want to bring into the side.

Just because Enzo and his EnzoBall wasn't a fit for him then, he my thrive under a different gaffer and his ideas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

It's in no interest to have him rot here if neither club nor player is happy

Players soon change their tune when playing and better still, playing well and winning. Ask Vestergaard. 

He's under a long contract. Almost certainly we'll now have a manager that will play full backs and, frankly, due to finances, we may well have to 'pretend' that Souttar, VK and Soumare are new summer signings and integrate them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Seemed to piss every man and his dog off in 4 months with the squad building up to relegation. Was dropped for Luke Thomas. 

Not a glowing report for what we would be bringing back. However has done well at Bologna so maybe he has matured a little since. Might have to give him a go this season. 

Edited by Gazza M

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I remember him looking quality when we signed him, looked an absolute beast against Arsenal when he pocketed Saka all game. Then he got injured and when he returned looked crap for the rest of the season. Rushed back from injury perhaps..

Yep you’ve got it. Got rushed back from injury to help the cause. Probably not helped by the Danish winter break either meaning he hadnt got miles on the clock before he was playing PL speed (started very well v Villa and Arsenal). 

Would love to see here under a different manager. Watched him live for Bologna this season and he was completely untroubled. Worked really good launching counter attacks/transition. 

I do wonder if he will never ‘work’ in English football. I was told he’s really intelligent and his hobbies aren’t what you associated with an average footballer. So simply might not fit in the normal English football culture 

Edited by CosbehFox