Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

Posted (edited)

Given our financial position, unless someone comes in with a bid at least equal to his amortised value, then I think the lad has to be reintegrated into the side.  Maybe if we move away from the inverted full backs he can be happy and kick on.

Challenge will on the new manager to ensure the team is balanced, find the best tactical set-up based on what we have and we compensate for Vestergaard’s lack of pace.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 4

Given the player profile that we're going to be linked with this summer I'd say taking him into the fold is surely a good thing. If this were his first stint with us I think we'd all be pretty pleased with an ever present from a club that got CL qualification. Established, fully integrated players looked like shit in our relegation season, so it's a little harsh to judge him on a half season during a crap period under a manager who wanted out.

There's literally no harm in using him this season even if he's shit. Some people are arguing that it decreases his value, but given that he's just helped a side get CL footy and they still don't want to pay an agreed fee, then I don't think it hurts his value at all.  We're not recouping the fee on him because we pay Premier league prices and nobody outside of the Premier League is going to do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

I don't rate Justin.

It all depends on who we bring in as coach and how we are going to play. Justin is more than capable in the Premier League given a good run and playing to his strengths. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Given our financial position, unless someone comes in with a bid at least equal to his amortised value, then I think the lad has to be reintegrated into the side.  Maybe if we move away from the inverted full backs he can be happy and kick on.

Challenge will on the new manager to ensure the team is balanced, find the best tactical set-up based on what we have and we compensate for Vestergaard’s lack of pace.

I think this is may be the case for most. Possibly even Soumaré. A new manager could get the best out of them, you never know…… the big issue is wages, but limited spend could potentially mean that’s not so much of an issue. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think this is may be the case for most. Possibly even Soumaré. A new manager could get the best out of them, you never know…… the big issue is wages, but limited spend could potentially mean that’s not so much of an issue. 

Yeah, it’s a case of the first XI / squad maybe not being what we would ideally want but we have to be pragmatic and accept there may be only a few new additions.

More important is the managerial appointment IMO. Someone who has the tactics to grind out results and he can get the most out of the players.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He was also very good vs Wolves too. I think people get blindsided by the performances away at Fulham and Leeds where if I remember rightly he had a bit of a howler but let's have it right, the entire squad was all over the gaff.

I do wonder how a back 4 of vk, coady souttar and ricardo would get on. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Watching him now against Norway, he seems quite clumsy on the ball. A ridiculous reaction save from Kasper by the way.

Really? I think he’s quite composed on the ball and very good defensively 

• Like 2

Not buying this clique excuse. VK was simply shite. But he wasn't the only one. Maybe it was too much, too soon, in a struggling team. Looks like he's improved though at Bologna, so would be worth another try. Especially if we bin off the inverted full back tactic and go back to a more traditional back 4.

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I do wonder how a back 4 of vk, coady souttar and ricardo would get on. 

They just resigned Vestargard for another 3 years so I imagine he will be in the starting 11

30 minutes ago, les-tah said:

More fool Union Berlin if they fall for this scam🤣. These Italian's Rinse and repeat each year and con teams into thinking they will buy the player for the full price after the loan

why do teams keep falling for it! Nothing more one sided than deals with italian teams. 

We learnt the trick though and have tried it a few times but at lease we just don’t sign the option rather than trying to haggle the price down 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2024 at 09:20, suffolk fox said:

I hope he stays with us this season.  I was disappointed when Mresca shipped him out.  I liked what I saw in the 12 game cameo he had in our relegation season.

Let's hope the new manager gives him a chance.  I don't rate Justin.

Justin is awful since his injury

• Like 1

On 09/06/2024 at 00:01, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not buying this clique excuse. VK was simply shite. But he wasn't the only one. Maybe it was too much, too soon, in a struggling team. Looks like he's improved though at Bologna, so would be worth another try. Especially if we bin off the inverted full back tactic and go back to a more traditional back 4.

Yes it’s a very easy excuse people keep using. He didn’t show up in the most important matches. 
Bologna obviously aren’t that bothered about keeping him either, so looks like he’ll be here next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viva said:

Yes it’s a very easy excuse people keep using. He didn’t show up in the most important matches. 
Bologna obviously aren’t that bothered about keeping him either, so looks like he’ll be here next season. 

He provided the assist to win the wolves game that gave us the best chance to stay up. A 20 year old when many others the same age where still playing in the u23’s. Bologna were always going to play silly buggers with the fee and I don’t think it reflects at all on his ability as he did well there. With the right manager we can reintroduce and I think we have a good player on our hands. 

• Like 1