Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

Trophy Parade

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jamie Vardy is far bigger and far better than our football club.

Some would moan but liquidate us when he goes. We don't deserve life after Vardy. 

Was thinking today, that we probably haven't made the most of having one of the top PL 20 strikers in PL history for 12 years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

From what I saw on tv looked awful … hopefully the Plymouth open top bus tour for staying up will be better 🤭

It wasn't awful..it was fine. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the fact it wasn't perfect. These events are for us to enjoy, not to watch choreography perfection. 

I kinda love the fact Dennis looked bored shitless. That said, if he was employee of mine he'd have a bollocking and an instruction to wave. He's being paid today to wave and smile, whether he enjoys it is an irrelevance! 

I didn't go to the parade today but after I've had time to reflect on yesterday as a day I think it was pretty disappointing way to celebrate it as a fanbase. It would've been nice of the players/staff (with only a few family members) did a lap of appreciation with the trophy. It just seemed a little excessive the number of people on the pitch to the point where you couldn't even pick out any of the players let alone the trophy. 

I get the other side of it though that footballer's families sacrifice a lot so it's their opportunity to get the recognition. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Was leaning over the balcony on the Humberstone side, looking like a player genuinely wondering how he ended up here.

Feel sorry for him, he's not really done anything wrong, just the final victim of our awful recruitment policy last season.

I felt sorry for him at Preston as well. He hung back and clapped pretty slowly. I noticed a few like JJ went over to speak to him. But Souttar has done nothing wrong. I rate him. He’s not rapid but he’s no slouch for a big guy and great in the air. But those attributes aren’t Enzo ball.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I felt sorry for him at Preston as well. He hung back and clapped pretty slowly. I noticed a few like JJ went over to speak to him. But Souttar has done nothing wrong. I rate him. He’s not rapid but he’s no slouch for a big guy and great in the air. But those attributes aren’t Enzo ball.

I'm.sure he just feels a bit sheepish lapping up adulation yet having not.contributed..

I like him. He seems a nice lad and I think he's a very decent asset as a player. Not too drawer but infused properly a really decent player. he's had a year.of his career taken away from.him through no fault of his own. 

• Like 3

Great day despite its imperfections. My Dad went separately and that could be the last time he sees City win a trophy. Things like that are greater than the misgivings from the day the last Bus of hangers on being the main one IMO. On a totally egotistical note, My eldest lad got on Central News 3 times and me and my youngest on once. I'm also safe in the knowledge that I've played a DJ Set at the Clock Tower that was a hundred times better than a Radio 1 DJ. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

From what I saw on tv looked awful … hopefully the Plymouth open top bus tour for staying up will be better 🤭

Tottenham's for being top of the PL for 14 minutes in 2016 still takes some beating!..

Chas & Dave singing Rabbit Rabbit was memorable.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jamie Vardy is far bigger and far better than our football club.

Some would moan but liquidate us when he goes. We don't deserve life after Vardy. 

Is any player bigger and better than the club itself? He's been one of the best things arguably the best thing to happen to the club in recent years. Not sure it's healthy to consider any player as being bigger and better than the club imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pkonline said:

You make your own enjoyment.

I had a lovely time and yes the waiting was a faff but it was a laugh. The sun was out, it's a bank holiday, and the beer is flowing 😄 

Sounds like you got too pissed to notice how shit it was tbh

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

His attributes are similar to Vestergaard's but one has played virtually every game despite being out of contract and the other has had one cup game.

Difficult to moan when we've had a pretty solid defence all season, but he's probably on 50-60k at a club whose wage bill is horrendous.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Is any player bigger and better than the club itself? He's been one of the best things arguably the best thing to happen to the club in recent years. Not sure it's healthy to consider any player as being bigger and better than the club imo.

100% he's bigger, especially how the club has been ran in recent years. Don't deserve him. 

I will never ever underestimate what he has done for us, so privileged to have been alive during this last decade or so. 

Anything from here on in is secondary, I'll still go wild about how crap we are in the future, but have to check myself on what he has given us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Normally no but I was sharing a bus home from town with a number of people who clearly aren't regulars at games and who just turn out for the parades/festivities and it was Vardeh this and Vardeh that and remember when he did this and remember him scoring that goal. And then you see all the shirts round town and you realise 3/4 of our sales probably revolve around this guy. We talk about shot conversions and other stats but I'd love to see the income generated  ££ or % figure.

After 10 years and 190 goals he's got multi-generational appeal, gets the crowd on it's feet like no other player I've known and for sheer energy he's unrivalled. Bigger than the club, no that's an exaggeration, but it's within our gift to sort out a rolling deal for him with decreasing wages over time and let him decide when to hang up his boots. He's earned that right.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Miles bigger and better. I still think he's underappreciated by some. A generational talent that has decided to stay with us his whole professional career. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

100% he's bigger, especially how the club has been ran in recent years. Don't deserve him. 

I will never ever underestimate what he has done for us, so privileged to have been alive during this last decade or so. 

Anything from here on in is secondary, I'll still go wild about how crap we are in the future, but have to check myself on what he has given us.

Why on earth don’t we deserve him. What a pathetic thing to say. He’s been brilliant for us and synonymous with Leicester City. He has received almost total adulation from the fans and returned that affection.Who knows where he would have been without City and Pearson.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Miles bigger and better. I still think he's underappreciated by some. A generational talent that has decided to stay with us his whole professional career. 

I'll be gutted when his time with us ends. It has been a privilege to see him play for us and it won't be the same. However, it's a team game so that's why I'm not sure that any one player is bigger than any club anywhere in the world. Although I can definitely see the point of those that think a player can be bigger than the club. Maradona and Messi spring to mind. I guess JV is our equivalent. I think 99.9% of city fans are more than grateful that JV  dedicated his career to us and massively helped us to reach heights we never thought possible.

• Like 2

Another load of bollocks. 

Another Thai PR stunt. 

Really miss this being a club for the locals, whether we were shit or not. 

Done with the billionaires, done with the nonsense it brings. 

• Like 2