Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Thai Celebrities on the Pitch/Parade

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He owns the club.  :dunno: There really is no come back from that unfortunately.

It doesn’t mean he’s beyond criticism, although he acts like he should be.

I’m no ‘none of this would have happened under Vichai’ fanatic but he was humbler than Top.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

Maybe it’s the new normal but this has been the weirdest and limpest promotion celebration I have experienced.

Ipswich showed how it should be done with raw emotion and a sense of community.

I wonder if any Ipswich fans are moaning about something to do with their parade. I'll go and see. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rossiter said:

Ipswich forum...someone is moaning about some dude called  Fabio Wardley being on the bus. The audacity of it! lol

Do they have a second bus for Ed Sheeran and all his mates

• Haha 1

There should be a competition for best/worst guests on buses at parades. If Norwich go up....Delia, Fry and Balls. That would be magical. Maybe get Rowan Atkinson on as he might be Steven Fry's mate.

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It doesn’t mean he’s beyond criticism, although he acts like he should be.

I’m no ‘none of this would have happened under Vichai’ fanatic but he was humbler than Top.

Absolutely, it totally doesn’t, but for me this fiasco is not the prime thing this weekend, the whole King Power thing is in the background.

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The cost of the buses is nothing compared to accommodation flights and lost ticket revenue. Did they even pay for the merchandise.

More than likely been a free trip for them all.

I also doubt the club gets a penny for merchandise sold by KP. As they sponsor our shirts, ground and training ground I bet they keep all monies taken by KP at home.

Someone’s got to pay for the buses…. 

14 hours ago, Stadt said:

Could barely make out the players in the pitch. I wonder what they made of it

If it got them a few thousand new Thai followers and upped their social numbers for endorsements next season in the premier league I’m sure they’re fine with it.

40 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Re: the comments about fans moaning, I don’t think that’s a big matter. I can’t speak for the fans in Leicester as I’m not from there but by and large, it seemed like the fans had a good time all weekend. 

Fans can talk about (or moan, even) about a lot of things but still be thrilled about promotion and glad they had a good time at the final game and/or the parade.

Some folk find it easier to see criticism as a form of black / white, yes / no. In a public face to face forum, they’d far more understanding. I hate how criticism is not taken constructively by some supporters. It’s a case of this could be better rather than a complete writing off of the whole ownership. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MattFox said:

I can understand KP staff and family’s being on the pitch but was there any need for random Thai Z-listers to be on the pitch and parade?

Like this bloke below, 

https://www.instagram.com/hacknabangchang_69?igsh=MXgzOHdiY25kMzBxbg==

Or this woman that hosts a Man United fan channel in Thailand;

https://www.instagram.com/ppeachy?igsh=dGluZTR6dGpkb3Zu

Or this bloke that seems to be famous for flogging face cream and posing half naked on Twitter ;

https://www.instagram.com/taophiangphor?igsh=MWNqNmQ3OHJubDl3ag==

Many more examples..

Glad I don’t have instagram

• Like 1

It's been the same for years and will never change. I don't know half the people on the pitch when we win a trophy of any kind, any sort of big game or huge party at the stadium, you see the marquee up for the family and friends. 

The only thing that ever annoyed me was the debacle for Everton tickets in 2016 or any Champions League knockout game in 2017. Sold out in seconds despite there not being enough members on that high point threshold and then you go to the game and it seems the tickets have been distributed to friends and family of Top & Co. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

They've tried and failed for the past decade, despite all the success we've had.

Focus on local kids and families, who, if we're being properly business-minded, are going to give you long-term repeat custom whatever happens on the pitch. Basing your strategy of brand-building solely around capitalising on occasional success is really fvcking stupid for a club like ours.

and how do you reach those families in a far off country? 

I mean its the same logic albeit on a much smaller scale as to why swift fans are watching  Chief games in the NFL. Because they saw Taylor Swift at the games.

It's fickle, it's shallow and its annoying, but Chief games have never been more popular.

It has to start somewhere.